“Superb Hotel.”

Ranked #2 of 22 Hotels in Hounslow
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 18 August 2014

This is simply a superb hotel. Amazing that it also happens to be located a short walk from Terminal 5 at LHR. The rooms are very comfortable, staff are great.

The restaurant (main one not the fancy one) is also excellent. The service is amazing - breakfast is an incredible buffet if you like, and if dining for lunch or dinner -- the spicy lentil soup is a really delicious choice! The bar - stick to basics. They haven't a clue how to make a martini!

For an overnight at Heathrow - OR, I have used this hotel as my London base for a few days and taken the train into London as their prices are sometimes much better that central London.

Also - if you don't fancy room service - head back to T5 arrivals and get some goodies to eat from Marks and Spencer.

Overall - superbly run hotel. Well done to all the staff that make the guest experience so excellent!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank MisterOpinion
SofitelT5, General Manager at Sofitel London Heathrow, responded to this reviewResponded 25 August 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel following your recent stay with us,

We consider our staff to be one of our biggest assets and they always strive to provide an outstanding service to our guests, so I am glad they made your experience excellent. I was also delighted to read that we have succeeded in providing impeccable service to you, especially at breakfast and dinner, both in our Vivre Restaurant.

I will personally ensure that all the Bar Team are trained on the Martini recipe and hope you will have the opportunity to come back and enjoy it on your next visit.
We look forward to welcoming you back to the Sofitel London Heathrow in the near future.

Yours Sincerely

Anna- Marie Dowling – General Manager

Reviewed 18 August 2014

This is a very comfortable modern hotel located alongside Terminal 5 Heathrow. Although it can get very busy at reception all members of staff work hard to make sure you are attended to as soon as possible. They demonstrated good customer service levels with a positive and friendly approach wherever they worked in the hotel. There's a couple of restaurants, including the fabulous La Belle Epoque, which has a champagne and cocktail bar alongside. Rooms have all the amenities, are very comfortable and have great beds. Just what you need to set you up for a long haul flight the following day!

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Tomsim285
SofitelT5, General Manager at Sofitel London Heathrow, responded to this reviewResponded 21 August 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments with the Trip Advisor community,

Such wonderful comments are a delight to read, it is pleasing to know that you found the hotel atmosphere excellent and our ambassadors attentive.

Thank you for your kind praise for the service in our La Belle Époque restaurant and I am pleased that you enjoyed the high customer service level demonstrated by our staff members.

I appreciate your kind recommendation and we look forward to welcoming you back in the not too distant future.

Reviewed 18 August 2014

I stayed at the hotel in July 2014. When I checked out, I confirmed with their front desk that all billables are settled. Yet I later found on my credit card statements several hundred pounds of additional charges. After speaking to their Accounts Department, they refer me via email to their service manager. Yet after 2 weeks I received no responses despite 2 email follow ups. I called the hotel again and only to get the response that it is up to the service manager to get back to me and there is nothing they could do.

What kind of customer experience is this?

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
5  Thank Simon Y

Dear Guest,

First and foremost please accept my apologies as I was disappointed to read of your experience on your last visit. May I please request you to forward your correspondence of communication to my Front of House Manager Vikramjit Singh on vikramjit.singh@sofitelheathrow.com and I will ensure he will contact you within 24 hours in order to resolve this billing issue. I will also conduct a thorough investigation in a way to make sure we follow-up on every guest challenges to avoid any reoccurrence of this nature in the future.

I hope we will have the opportunity to restore your faith in our hotel and for you to receive and experience our usual high Sofitel standard in the near future.

Reviewed 18 August 2014

I was meeting a friend from the airport early in the morning and decided to treat myself to a night here. The hotel is very convenient for anyone travelling from Terminal 5 with a direct covered walkway to the Terminal.....and with the M25 as it is these days I would think less hassel wondering if you have left enough time to get there. The carpark was easily found and very well lit. There was a lift from the carpark to the reception area where I was quickly checked into a very comfortable, clean and well equiped room. I was up graded so I recieved free wi-fi, if not there would have been a small charge.The lounge area was very pleasant and I had coffee there and read the paper. The evening meal was also very good and as a single woman traveller was made to feel comfortable in the restaurant. Breakfast was wonderful with a very wide selection.......I had booked breakfast as part of my package which was well worth it. I have already recommended this hotel to several friends flying from Terminal 5 and as they do some very good Park and Stay deals feel it is well worth it. I certainly will be staying there again if I were to fly from Terminal 5 or to pick anyone up.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Barnaby41

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review following your recent stay with us,

Such wonderful comments are a pleasure to read and I am pleased that you had a memorable stay with us.

Thank you for your kind praise for our service, rooms and restaurants. I am pleased to know that you felt comfortable travelling alone, and you have been able to enjoy your dinner and breakfast in our Vivre Restaurant.

Our location is indeed convenient as we are directly connected to one of the busiest airports in the world, also offering very handy car-park solutions to our customers.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Sofitel.com
1  Thank Mario B

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
6  Thank Harold R

Reviewed 18 August 2014

The most of the hotels around heathrow r quiet dated ( being built ages ago), so it u fancy a bit comfortable room just across t5 walking distance this Sofitel hotel would me my top choice. Even if u fly from the other terminals as you can get heathrow connect train or tube which is more or less the same time as taking buses around the Bathroad.
Very convenient quiet and clean. Breakfast very decent.

Room Tip: I had a room facing inside the lobby on the 3rd floor. Very very quiet.