“Excellent service from Arvin at breakfast--”

Ranked #2 of 22 Hotels in Hounslow
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 19 August 2014

We spent the night here after traveling all day from Kaunas, Lithuania. We were very tired. The staff were most gracious at check-in, the room was perfect--clean, luxurious and quiet. The best surprise was at breakfast where the buffet was amazing with everything from smoked salmon to the usual fare. Our waiter, Arvin, was most gracious and made sure we our coffee was replenished, the dishes cleared. He even brought us a fresh to go cup!

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Travelwriter201
SofitelT5, General Manager at Sofitel London Heathrow, responded to this reviewResponded 25 August 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel following your recent stay with us,
It is pleasing to read that you had enjoyed a gracious check-in and that you found the room to be clean, luxurious and quiet.

I am also delighted to read your comments with regards to the breakfast which you really enjoyed. Your feedback will be shared with our Vivre team, and I am sure Arvin will be glad to learn that he made your experience memorable.

I would like to thank you for your feedback and hope to welcome you back to the Sofitel London Heathrow in the near future.

Yours Sincerely

Anna- Marie Dowling – General Manager

Reviewed 19 August 2014

We missed our connecting flight and went to Sofitel to stay for one night. We selected this hotel because it is very close to Heathrow Terminal 5. The receptionist was very pleasant and courteous, and the check in was quick. The room was clean and spacious with comfortable bed. This is our first time in Sofitel and were very impressed.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank G2Travel

Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to write a review on our hotel.

Such great comments are a delight to read, it is pleasing to know that you enjoyed your stay with us, considering the fact that you had unfortunately missed a flight. I am delighted to learn that you have experienced a pleasant and efficient check-in and that you found the room clean, spacious and comfortable.

I would like to thank you for your feedback and hope to welcome you back to the Sofitel London Heathrow shortly.

Reviewed 19 August 2014

I've stayed at the Sofitel Heathrow several times and it's never let me down. Not only that but it also has an excellent restaurant. The service is quick and efficient, much better than you'd expect for a hotel of this size, the rooms are comfortable and the bathrooms functional but very well designed and spotless. This is, as another reviewer mentioned, a very classy hotel.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank phd2

Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to write a review on our hotel and for being a regular guest of the Sofitel London Heathrow.

It is very pleasing to know that you describe us as the Best Hotel for an Airport. I am thrilled to read that you have enjoyed your entire stay with us, thank you for your praise for our restaurant, room and reception.

I would like to thank you for your loyalty and hope to welcome you back to the Sofitel London Heathrow in the not too distant future.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
1  Thank Grantly03

Reviewed 18 August 2014

This is simply a superb hotel. Amazing that it also happens to be located a short walk from Terminal 5 at LHR. The rooms are very comfortable, staff are great.

The restaurant (main one not the fancy one) is also excellent. The service is amazing - breakfast is an incredible buffet if you like, and if dining for lunch or dinner -- the spicy lentil soup is a really delicious choice! The bar - stick to basics. They haven't a clue how to make a martini!

For an overnight at Heathrow - OR, I have used this hotel as my London base for a few days and taken the train into London as their prices are sometimes much better that central London.

Also - if you don't fancy room service - head back to T5 arrivals and get some goodies to eat from Marks and Spencer.

Overall - superbly run hotel. Well done to all the staff that make the guest experience so excellent!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank MisterOpinion

Dear Guest,

We consider our staff to be one of our biggest assets and they always strive to provide an outstanding service to our guests, so I am glad they made your experience excellent. I was also delighted to read that we have succeeded in providing impeccable service to you, especially at breakfast and dinner, both in our Vivre Restaurant.

I will personally ensure that all the Bar Team are trained on the Martini recipe and hope you will have the opportunity to come back and enjoy it on your next visit.
We look forward to welcoming you back to the Sofitel London Heathrow in the near future.

Yours Sincerely

Anna- Marie Dowling – General Manager

Reviewed 18 August 2014

This is a very comfortable modern hotel located alongside Terminal 5 Heathrow. Although it can get very busy at reception all members of staff work hard to make sure you are attended to as soon as possible. They demonstrated good customer service levels with a positive and friendly approach wherever they worked in the hotel. There's a couple of restaurants, including the fabulous La Belle Epoque, which has a champagne and cocktail bar alongside. Rooms have all the amenities, are very comfortable and have great beds. Just what you need to set you up for a long haul flight the following day!

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Tomsim285
SofitelT5, General Manager at Sofitel London Heathrow, responded to this reviewResponded 21 August 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments with the Trip Advisor community,

Such wonderful comments are a delight to read, it is pleasing to know that you found the hotel atmosphere excellent and our ambassadors attentive.

Thank you for your kind praise for the service in our La Belle Époque restaurant and I am pleased that you enjoyed the high customer service level demonstrated by our staff members.

I appreciate your kind recommendation and we look forward to welcoming you back in the not too distant future.

Reviewed 18 August 2014

I stayed at the hotel in July 2014. When I checked out, I confirmed with their front desk that all billables are settled. Yet I later found on my credit card statements several hundred pounds of additional charges. After speaking to their Accounts Department, they refer me via email to their service manager. Yet after 2 weeks I received no responses despite 2 email follow ups. I called the hotel again and only to get the response that it is up to the service manager to get back to me and there is nothing they could do.

What kind of customer experience is this?

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
5  Thank Simon Y

Dear Guest,

First and foremost please accept my apologies as I was disappointed to read of your experience on your last visit. May I please request you to forward your correspondence of communication to my Front of House Manager Vikramjit Singh on vikramjit.singh@sofitelheathrow.com and I will ensure he will contact you within 24 hours in order to resolve this billing issue. I will also conduct a thorough investigation in a way to make sure we follow-up on every guest challenges to avoid any reoccurrence of this nature in the future.

I hope we will have the opportunity to restore your faith in our hotel and for you to receive and experience our usual high Sofitel standard in the near future.

Sofitel London Heathrow

Also consider these accommodations in or near Hounslow
Hilton London Heathrow Airport
Hilton Garden Inn London Heathrow Airport
Renaissance London Heathrow Hotel
Premier Inn London Heathrow Airport (Bath Road) Hotel
Premier Inn London Heathrow Airport Terminal 4
Hyatt Place London Heathrow Airport

Been to Sofitel London Heathrow? Share your experiences!