Sofitel London Heathrow
US$80
US$71
Priceline
  • Restaurant
Travelodge London Hounslow(Hounslow)(Great Value!)
US$48
Travelodge
  • Bar/Lounge
Travelodge Heathrow Central(Hounslow)(Great Value!)
US$41
Travelodge
TripAdvisor
12,402 results
All reviewsvivre restaurantsuperior rooman early flightthe club loungeshort walkroom servicebritish airwaysexcellent hotelan upgradenext morningeasy accesscomfortable roomsbetween flightslondon heathrowan overnight staynight's sleepcovered walkway
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 3 October 2009

We arrived at the Sofitel after a long day stuck at another airport. When we finally arrived at LHR T5, we wanted a comfortable and clean place to stay that didn't involve paying for and taking a hotel hoppa (spelling?) to a nearby hotel since we had an early morning flight to catch the next day. Once we cleared passport control, we followed the signs and arrived at the hotel. The check-in staff were very courteous and checked us in quickly. It was so nice to arrive in a clean room with a big bath and shower. The bed was a king and extremely comfortable. No free internet or wireless was available but that seems to be the norm for hotels in this class. We didn't stay long enough to enjoy any meal or use any of the facilities but we would not hesitate to stay here again if we needed to overnight at LHR. It may not be the cheapest but being able to sleep in a little longer and then walk (or take the Heathrow Express) to your terminal is worth the few extra pounds.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled as a couple
2  Thank ISPpilot
Reviewed 3 October 2009

I arrived early on Sept 27th and was told to get early checkin I would have to pay and extra £70! I said I had requested early checkin when making the reservation, and no fee was mentioned. Since I didnt have it in writing, they wouldnt waive the fee. I said I would wait in the lobby and use the internet. They said the wi-fi that came with my room didnt start until checkin. They never mentioned the computers off the lobby for patron use. Eventually they reduced the early checkin fee to £30. I was exhausted and agreed. I have stayed at other London hotels and been allowed to check in early if rooms were ready. This hotel was not fully booked.
The room was great, and the bed heavenly. The location is fine too. My rate included breakfast, but it wanst anything special. The staff were having trouble providing coffee and tea. I was lucky to get a first cup, never mind a refill.
Overall, the hotel was fine, but the staff need to be more accomodating.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled solo
Reviewed 1 October 2009

The Sofitel Heathrow is a great hotel. It's convenience to the airport is of course it's greatest draw, but it's facilities, staff and service are also excellent. We stayed for one night before flying home after a month in Europe. The hotel allowed us to store our excess baggage for two weeks for free. They permitted my adult children early check in for no extra charge. Just a very pleasant experience.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled with family
1  Thank cyd k
Reviewed 1 October 2009

Lovely comfy bed, really good service. A good addition to T5, which is a whole other story (& to be avoided...)

Stayed: December 2008, travelled solo
Reviewed 1 October 2009

The staff were superb. Each person I met was helpful, polite, friendly and efficient. I stayed in a Junior suite. The bed was very comfortable and the room contained all that is needed for an enjoyable visit. If I was to have a small quibble it would be the position of the doorstop- one could break a toe quite easily.

I tried out the hydro suite and emerged relaxed and refreshed. I was sorry that I hadn't time for a spa treatment.

Travel to and from London and terminal 1 was very convenient.

If travelling on a restricted budget this venue may not be for you. The hotel is rated as five star and the rate reflects this status.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled on business