“Not your usual airport hotel”

Sofitel London Heathrow
Ranked #1 of 22 Hotels in Hounslow
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 14 October 2009

We're so happy with our stay at the Sofitel. After staying at small hotels and B&B's in France, we were ready for the comfort of a Sofitel and were not disappointed. And convenient - we picked up our bags at the luggage claim and walked over to the hotel. How easy is that!

Our room was tastefully decorated and the bathroom was huge. The beds were the most comfortable beds we slept on during our entire trip.

By the time we got to London, we were ready for a full breakfast. The hotel's buffet breakfast is very expensive (breakfast for 2 came to $78 dollars), but was a nice splurge at the end of a great trip.

There are newer reviews for Sofitel London Heathrow

Reviewed 12 October 2009

I recently stayed overnight at the Sofitel Heathrow before a long flight to Japan. I cannot recommend the hotel enough. Very well appointed rooms, attractive public areas and a wonderful buffet breakfast were all highlights. I do recommend getting a bed and breakfast rate though since the breakfast buffet is quite pricey if you pay it on the day. I will be staying at the Sofitel now whenever I have a flight out of Heathrow!

Stayed: October 2009, travelled with friends
1  Thank JohninJapan
Reviewed 12 October 2009

I love Sofitel. The beds are unbelievable. The rooms have robes, slippers and wonderful ammenities unless you stay at the London Heathrow Sofitel.

Not only are there no slippers etc., they wouldn't let us check in when we arrived unless we paid an addition 10 pounds per hour before 2:00pm. We arrived at 11:00am and were anxious to shower and head to London. Instead, I was told it would cost 10 pounds per hour to get the room. Keep in mind, they had plenty of rooms. I could hardly imagine taking 45 minutes to get to London and then return to shower.

At breakfast, they could not make an espresso, because they said they had too many guests.

Again, I love Sofitel, but this one knickel and dimes its patrons to the point you might want to reconsider the Hilton.

Stayed: October 2009
1  Thank labonnevie
Reviewed 11 October 2009

Stayed here overnight on our way back from Thailand. We arrived during the evening and caught the Heathrow Express from Terminal 3 which was a fairly easy process and the long walk to the train was good after being cooped up on the plane.
We arrived at Terminal 4 and were disappointed by the lack of signs to the hotel and even after asking some staff who knew there was a hotel on site but didn't know how to get there. Eventually we found our way.
The hotel is very modern and has excellent decor and check in staff friendly and kept apologising for the delay due to lots of people arriving.
The room was great. Well decorated and the bathroom was wonderful although the supply of towels was a bit puzzling as we had two bath towels but only one hand towel. And don't count on washing and hanging out your smalls overnight as unless you are a 7ft giant you would not reach the pull out line. It is high on the wall and you have to reach over the bath plus the vanity shelf. If by any chance you can pull it out it then attaches so the other side of the vanity shelf so your smalls would then drip over the shelf and the sink. Really odd but wasn't detrimental to the room.
The bed was bliss as were the pillows. Plus there was an empty fridge which we made good use of.
We didn't use the restaurant as we only wanted snacks and weren't prepared to pay the hotel prices so make note of the M&S Simply Food which is just outside the corridor leading from the terminal to the hotel. Stock up on snacks, sandwiches, salads and drinks BEFORE going into the hotel and make use of the fridge in your room.
Overall, we would recommend this hotel and would stay there again especially if you get a good deal.

Reviewed 10 October 2009

I attended a conference and also stayed at this hotel and was very impressed, overall I think it's the best hotel around Heathrow. The public areas are very light and airy, with lots of space for relaxing or working. The rooms high high quality furnishings, with the designer chain being great. I can't speak highly enough of the bed which is so comfy, you could just sink into it & never want to get up again! (ps - you can even buy all the bedding). It is a large hotel, with 600 rooms, although the hotel doesn't appear to be too vast and there never seem to be too many people around. Unfortunately I didn't get a chance to try either of the restaurants, but the bar was very welcoming. The hotel is also attached by a walkway to T5, which is great for anyone flying in or out with BA. I can't wait to stay again and check out all of the facilities, I hear the spa is very good.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled on business
Reviewed 3 October 2009

We arrived at the Sofitel after a long day stuck at another airport. When we finally arrived at LHR T5, we wanted a comfortable and clean place to stay that didn't involve paying for and taking a hotel hoppa (spelling?) to a nearby hotel since we had an early morning flight to catch the next day. Once we cleared passport control, we followed the signs and arrived at the hotel. The check-in staff were very courteous and checked us in quickly. It was so nice to arrive in a clean room with a big bath and shower. The bed was a king and extremely comfortable. No free internet or wireless was available but that seems to be the norm for hotels in this class. We didn't stay long enough to enjoy any meal or use any of the facilities but we would not hesitate to stay here again if we needed to overnight at LHR. It may not be the cheapest but being able to sleep in a little longer and then walk (or take the Heathrow Express) to your terminal is worth the few extra pounds.

2  Thank ISPpilot
Reviewed 3 October 2009

I arrived early on Sept 27th and was told to get early checkin I would have to pay and extra £70! I said I had requested early checkin when making the reservation, and no fee was mentioned. Since I didnt have it in writing, they wouldnt waive the fee. I said I would wait in the lobby and use the internet. They said the wi-fi that came with my room didnt start until checkin. They never mentioned the computers off the lobby for patron use. Eventually they reduced the early checkin fee to £30. I was exhausted and agreed. I have stayed at other London hotels and been allowed to check in early if rooms were ready. This hotel was not fully booked.
The room was great, and the bed heavenly. The location is fine too. My rate included breakfast, but it wanst anything special. The staff were having trouble providing coffee and tea. I was lucky to get a first cup, never mind a refill.
Overall, the hotel was fine, but the staff need to be more accomodating.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hounslow
Hilton London Heathrow Airport
Renaissance London Heathrow Hotel
Premier Inn London Heathrow Airport (Bath Road) Hotel
Premier Inn London Heathrow Airport Terminal 4
Hilton Garden Inn London Heathrow Airport
Hyatt Place London Heathrow Airport

Been to Sofitel London Heathrow? Share your experiences!