Had originally booked The Thistle - Bath Road Heathrow as we had stayed there previously,however it involved getting the bus to and from terminals thought we would try here and take out the hassle. We paid £189 + breakfast per night through Holiday Extras.
We flew down from Newcastle arrived at terminal 5 and walked through arrivals accessed the lift and we were in The Sofitel. There was i bit of a walk to get to the reception desk
. We were greeted immediately and sent on our way to our room. I had seen photos of the type of room so knew what we were getting and it did not dissapoint. Our room looked onto the multi storey car park however the windows seemed dounle glazed and we were not disturbed The room was modern and smart albeit a touch small.The beds were top notch and the bathroom was delightful. We heard very little noise from the aircraft.
We ate at one of the eateries after we arrived called Tea5 ( I think) this served us soup coffee and victoria sponge cake it was very nice although it came to £30. We ate at Vivre for our evening meal and you get to watch the chef's prepare your meal , we had steak and potato which was very nice however we got 2 small bowl's of spinich and cold mixed veg , which we later found out they cost £3.50 each...whoa ! All in all with the 12.5% service charge ( London rip off ) we got no change out of £65. What the heck we were flying out on holiday the next day !
We had breakfast also in the same restaurant the following morning and it is buffet style and the food was of very good quality.
We had to be at Terminal 3 for our flight to SanFrancisco so it was a 5minute walk to the Heathrow Express a further 3 minute train ride and we were there. Much easier and relaxing than having to wait for the Hoppa bus !
All in all we had a pleasant stay at this hotel however we thought it was a touch pricey, the hotel was spotless and service was excellent. Having said that we have stayed at The Hilton Gatwick last year and felt the experience was better than here.
Would westay here again......................... ? Yes i think we would however you might find us eating out of the hotel instead !
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Only Heathrow Airport hotel with direct access to Terminal 5 via a covered walkway and Terminals 1, 2, 3 / Terminal 4 via courtesy Heathrow Express / Connect rail connection and only 21 minutes from Central London by train. Sofitel London Heathrow boasts 605 non-smoking bedrooms including 27 suites. All rooms include the famous Sofitel MyBed, plasma screen TV and double glazed windows (rooms facing outside have triple glazing). All bathrooms include separate walk-in shower and bath. For your meetings and events, the hotel's conference centre boasts 45 meeting rooms including three executive boardrooms, a tiered theatre and a main room for up to 1,300 delegates. The hotel food and beverage outlets include: La Belle Epoque - 3AA Rosette restaurant serving gourmet French cuisine with contemporary world influences; Vivre - with its open theatre kitchens, Sphere Bar, the Le Bar Parisien invites you to experience classic and trendy cocktails, as well as Champagne selection, and the Tea 5 salon serves delicious cakes and lunch options. Leisure facilities include the hotel's Zen Garden, a 24-hour gym as well as a hydro suite with vitality pool, sauna and steam room (chargeable). A hair salon is located on the ground floor. For travellers arriving by car, the hotel offers on-site underground car park as well as Park & Fly packages for up to 15 days. We do also offer transportation to and from the hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, ACCOR, Superbreak UK, Booking.com, Agoda, Hotels.com, Ebookers, HotelsClick, HotelQuickly and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Sofitel London Heathrow reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sofitel London Heathrow Hotel Hounslow
- Sofitel Hotel London Heathrow
- Sofitel Hotel Hounslow
- London Sofitel