“Needs a bit more attention to customer care”

and 1 more site!
YOTELAIR London Heathrow Airport
Ranked #5 of 22 Hotels in Hounslow
“Needs a bit more attention to customer care”
Reviewed 23 October 2012

Room was what I expected (small ) and very convenient for overnite layover.
However, they need to make sure that there are towels and soap in the room. Especially since they are inside an airport. Good thing we had soap with us or the shower would have been for naught. Had to call down for a second towel even though they saw us both check in together.
That's just paying attention to your guests which is the biz theyre in.
Not really a cheap option either when you take into acct the exchange rate.

Room Tip: Get the double cabin if it's two of you. Or find other accomodations...
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Roxo1956
Yiorgos-Yotel, General Manager at YOTELAIR London Heathrow Airport, responded to this review, 24 October 2012
Dear Roxo 1956,

Thank you so much for staying at the Yotel London Heathrow and for sharing your experience with us.

Our aim is to provide excellent service and I would like to thank you for your detailed feedback as this can only help us to do things better and deliver consistently superb service!

We do not include soap in our amenities in line with our efforts to reduce waste. Instead we provide a generous 300ml “Get Up organic body wash & shampoo” dispenser (one in our Standard Cabins and two in our Premium and Twin Cabins) rather than individual disposable bottles. With regards to the extra towel we should, most emphatically, have noticed upon your arrival that there would be two occupants in the Cabin and an extra towel should have been delivered proactively and promptly. I apologise that this was not the case in this instance.

Once again thank you for your preference and I hope that we will have the opportunity to welcoming you back!

With my kind regards
Yiorgos

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (389)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
Pretoria, Gauteng, South Africa
Reviewed 23 October 2012

I am a wheelchair passenger, though not badly disabled. I just cannot walk interminable distances, and when I learned there was a hotel virtually within Heathrow I jumped at the chance of staying there. Each time I found I could relatively easily make my way from Terminal 3 to Terminal 4 where Yeotel is located. More important I found the cabins light an bright - or dark and quiet when I needed sleep - clean and fresh, and a real relief from the general grunge of plane travel and the airport. I had privacy and peace. I just wish there was a phone for UK/international calls, internet connection, and information on food, drink, phones etc in the vicinity of the hotel. This is absolutely essential. I am grateful for Yeotel and will not use another hotel.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled solo
5 Thank CarolCoombe
Dear CarolCoombe,

Thank you very much for your fantastic comments and recommendation!

I am extremely pleased to see that we have been of help towards a wonderful experience.

Kindly note that we offer complimentary super fast internet access, if you use your own laptop or smarthphone. We also offer a number of food & drink options, which we deliver to your room.

Information with regards to the facilities and services you mention is on hand at the Mission Control/Galley (reception). Just for future reference if you do not have a personal devise to access internet, there are four terminals outside Yotel (although not operated by us), telphone booths for both local and international calls just around the corner and a pub next to us. For anything else you may need all you have to do is ask us! My team and I will be more than happy to assist you!

Once again thank you and we look forward to welcoming you back very soon.

With my kindest regards
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed 23 October 2012

I was traveling to India from the US and had a 13 hour layover in Heathrow. I had heard about the Yotel but was concerned whether I would have access to it, as I landed at another terminal. After making the change to terminal 4, I saw signs for Yotel and went to see if there was availability for 9 hours to take a nap and shower. For about $100 US, I got a cabin with elevated bed, tv, wi-fi, and was very pleased. The staff is friendly and efficient and I highly recommend the experience!

• Stayed September 2012, travelled solo
4 Thank Stephanie W
Dear Stephanie W,

Thank you so much for your fantastic review and especially for your comments with regards to our Crew!

We are all delighted to see that you enjoyed your stay wit us and hope that you had a fantastic time in India and a safe journey back home.

We look forward to welcoming you back to any of our locations, in London, Amsterdam or New York!

With my kind regards
Ukiah, California
Reviewed 23 October 2012

Love the Yotel Heathrow! Perfect for a few hours rest between flights. Clean, comfy, and appreciate the complimentary tea, delivered! The service staff is friendly and efficient. The Yotel is close to restaurants and the Express Train between terminals. I am not great at directions, but found it quite easily.

Room Tip: Standard room is fine if you don't have much luggage. Bring your own washcloth if you want one...
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled solo
4 Thank LyndaJi
Dear LyndaJi,

It has been a real pleasure having you back and see that once again you have enjoyed your stay with us.

Thank you so much for your most kind comments about our Crew and we look forward to welcoming you back very soon!

Dundee, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 October 2012 via mobile

Stayed waiting for shuttle to Edinburgh after trip from Sri Lanka. Right in arrivals and easy to find. Room clean and very clever use of space. Staff very pleasant. Only gripe was heating control which I thought was a dimmer switch! Not the only one as it seemed well thumbed and not very efficient. Stay there!

Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
4 Thank DrP_DrJ
Yiorgos-Yotel, General Manager at YOTELAIR London Heathrow Airport, responded to this review, 23 October 2012
Dear DrP_DrJ

Thank you so much for your great review and recommendation. My apologies for the heating switch -we will attend to it.

We look forward to welcoming you back!

West Lakes South Australia
Reviewed 21 October 2012

After a long trip from Australia with little sleep the sight of the spotless room was most welcome. At first it seemed a bit sureal with the pink lighting and it is like a ship's cabin so was compact but so well laid out that it was a perfect place to catch up on sleep before travelling on the next day.The double bed was very comfortable and we were able to slide our big cases underneath. The bathroom was immaculate, TV with USB etc so really they have thought of everything for the weary traveller. Not particularly cheap but so convenient and very quiet.
the staff were very pleasant and helpful. There were free hot drinks and a few things to purchase but with the pub next door serving nice food it was all we needed.

Room Tip: Would choose a premium room for extra space.
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
4 Thank useoh
Yiorgos-Yotel, General Manager at YOTELAIR London Heathrow Airport, responded to this review, 22 October 2012
Dear useoh,

Thank you for your most kind comments, especially those with regards to our crew! I'm extremely pleased to see that you enjoyed your stay with us and look forward welcoming you back.

Kingsbridge, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 October 2012

I am a mature lady travelling on my own and i found this a most inexpensive and convenient stop over if you are travelling from heathrow . The staff were most helpful and explained everything to me as it was my first time . The cabins are compact but very workable i stayed in a premium cabin so cannot speak for the others . On going in and out of the complex I was addressed by my name which is very rare in this day and age . Thankyou yotel for making this a very pleasant over night stay .

• Stayed October 2012, travelled solo
3 Thank seaview13246
Dear seaview13246,

I am delighted to see that we have put our small positive stamp in your travelling experience and thank so much for your most kind comments about our crew.

I hope that we will soon have the pleasure of welcoming you back!

Yiorgos
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hounslow
Hilton London Heathrow Airport
Sofitel London Heathrow
Renaissance London Heathrow Hotel
Hilton Garden Inn London Heathrow Airport
Premier Inn London Heathrow Airport (Bath Road) Hotel
Ibis Styles London Heathrow Airport

Been to YOTELAIR London Heathrow Airport? Share your experiences!