“Thank Goodness for Yotel”

YOTELAIR London Heathrow Airport
Ranked #6 of 23 Hotels in Hounslow
Belfast, N Ireland
“Thank Goodness for Yotel”
Reviewed 27 February 2013

We live in Belfast and have stayed overnight in the Yotels in Heathrow and at Gatwick when our holiday trips involve an early flight out, or late arrival back in London.
Yotel rooms are well-designed, clean and quiet places for a good nights sleep. The shower is a blessing for a grubby traveller and the bed is big and really comfortable...
We know we could pay less or a lot more to stay elsewhere and to use taxis and hotel shuttles, but we have always found the Yotel more convenient, even when we have had to travel between terminals. On our most recent stay (Feb 2013) our check-in desk was beside the lift and one floor up from the Yotel - now that's really convenient!

• Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (394)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
Reviewed 26 February 2013

First time in a Yotel Hotel rooms are compact clean and comfortable.Yiorgos and staff made us feel welcome and were very helpfully. Would recommend especially with those long lay overs. Grab a shower and a nap and your ready to go

• Stayed February 2013
YotelHQ, Sales & Marketing Executive at YOTELAIR London Heathrow Airport, responded to this review, 1 March 2013
Thank you for taking the time to give us your comments.

We are happy that you appreciated the YOTEL crew service and enthusiasm. I will make sure that the positive feedback gets back to Yiorgos and the rest of the Heathrow team.

We hope to welcome you back in the near future either to one of our airport locations or if you get the chance to our first ever city centre hotel in New York!

Thanks again
Mansfield, Texas
Reviewed 26 February 2013

We had a 7 hour lay over between flights from DFW to JNB. Great for Shower and to nap. Located in terminal 4, so we had to take a free shuttle bus from terminal 3. Our next flight was in terminal 5 - that entailed a train ride.

Hotel provide free tea and coffee, but you have pay for water! We ate at the restaurant next door - average pub food.
We do recommend this place

Room Tip: No fitness center! Unless you are solo traveler, get a double.
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled with family
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 February 2013

I had some hours at the airport and some video calls to make, so thought I'd try Yotel.
Price-wise not too bad, but the minimum stay is 4 hours so if as someone said you just want a quick shower, bear that in mind!
The basics are there but the lighting wasn't excellent for my video conference, and my promised cup of tea never arrived!
However I can see that if you want a cheap room for an early flight it can do the job.
Free wireless (very fast) and a good shower.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled on business
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 25 February 2013

This was my second stay at the Yotel, the first of which I gave an excellent rating for. I'm giving the Yotel another excellent rating for my second stay.

Firstly, I'd taken an overnight flight from the USA. Foolishly I'd booked the room for the same day as the flight, but as it was an overnight flight by the time I got to the Yotel it was the next day. I'd been ill for the whole flight and was dying to get some sleep so I nearly cried when the check-in lady informed me of my mistake. Incredibly kindly, however, she allowed me to have a room at no charge. She must have taken pity on me!

Quality of sleep was fantastic, comfy bed and good mood lighting. I wasn't disturbed by any noises outside my room. The room was spotless and in a perfect location for me as I'd arrived in T4. After my sleep I nipped across the way for a breakfast in the airport pub. After a long flight I was SO grateful for a sleep and a shower before heading home to Wales on a coach!

Thanks Yotel!

• Stayed January 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 24 February 2013

Yotel is the best thing since sliced bread! What a convenience to be able to sleep/rest and shower between flights. The beds and duvets are so comfortable. You can even order food which is delivered promptly to your door by a crew member. You really should try it. You won't be sorry. It's kind of like being in a space pod - very cool concept!

• Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
Atlanta
Reviewed 24 February 2013

this is the place. I experienced the Yotel after my BusinessElite flight on Delta from Atlanta, as it is included in your fare. It is a good place to freshen up. You get a complimentary one hour "stay". Located in the Arrivals Hall of Terminal 4, the rooms are just like a single berth in a cruise ship. It is clean, compact & of course private. You can enjoy a short nap, take a shave & shower; then hit the Tube to London.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled on business