“Great concept”

Ranked #6 of 23 Hotels in Hounslow
Washington, DC
“Great concept”
Reviewed 25 November 2013 via mobile

This place was great. Very quiet and soothing atmosphere, much needed for a few hours' rest after a red eye. There are no individual temperature controls but they had a fan they put in the room for me. Would do it again and worth the money to get more sleep and make the time zone transition smoother.

Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Yiorgos-Yotel, General Manager at YOTELAIR London Heathrow Airport, responded to this review, 4 December 2013
Dear satori00,

We are awfully pleased to see that you enjoyed your YOTEL experience and we look forward to welcoming you back.

Best regards

General Manager - YOTEL London Heathrow

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (394)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 25 November 2013 via mobile

When you arrive early at Heathrow and can't check into your hotel in the city, yotel is your solution. I arrived and checked in, rooms are very tiny but clean and have all what you need. Very comfy bed so I could rest well and take a shower. After 3.5 hours I felt rested and went into the city. As the hotel has few rooms you better book in advance. Rooms are small and I booked a premium room, which is highly recommendable if o need a bit of space

Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Dear doritg888,

We are really pleased to see that you enjoyed your YOTEL experience and we look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 21 November 2013 via mobile

I had to stay for almost 11 hrs (from 10 am to 9 pm)in london in my way from US to Kuwait.
The advantage was that I did not have to book a room for two days to be able to cover the hrs that I had to stay. The room was small but cozy and clean. The bed was very comfortable.
The disadvantages where.
1) it located in terminal 4 which is about 30 mints from terminal 5. You have to take a bus to reach there and two trains to come back. You have also to pass the security point back and forth and you have to have a valid visa.
2] the toilet door can not be closed totally. Simply no privacy. You can not use it to move your bowel if someone else in the room.
3] I did not find a hair dryer.

I still recommend yotel if you accept those few negative points.The best point is the flexibility of the duration that you can stay there.

• Stayed November 2013
Dear falkan1,

It's great to see that you appreciated the YOTEL concept. We appreciate that the design can appeal differently and we thank you for acknowledging this and for your recommendation. Kindly note that hair dryers are available at our Mission Control. We do apologise for the fact that this was not made known to you as it should.

Thank you again and we look forward to welcoming you back.

Best regards

Reviewed 19 November 2013

I traveled from the Caribbean, to New Work, then South Africa via London. I had a busy day before travel and did not get much rest prior to my flight or during. By the time I landed in Heathrow I craved a shower, warm bed and sleep.....what a haven to find a rest-spot at the airport in Heathrow. The staff were so warm...with a welcoming smile for a weary traveller.

It was quite interesting, I am a bit of a science buff so the rooms set up looked sort of futuristic with their white exterior and rectangular window peep-outs. The room was clean the bed was comfortable....It is extremely compact but I did not mind that at all. I just had carry on luggage so I had just enough space to do what I needed to do.
Plus FREE WIFI!!!!!!! A major plus!!!!!!!! I had a 6 hour lay-over and and an impending 11 hour flight and was ready to drop!

I would definitely use them again.

Room Tip: If you have problems climbing onto a bunk bed ask for a bed which is not elevated.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Kellie A
Dear Kellie A,

Thank you so much for your great comments about our crew and service! We are delighted to see that you thoroughly enjoyed your YOTEL experience.

We look forward to welcoming you back.

Warm regards

Calgary, Canada
Reviewed 19 November 2013

We had 15 hours before our flight and we booked a little Yotel room on the last night of our trip so that we could take our time the next day. That meant not have to stress the next morning with our luggage getting to Heathrow. We arrived almost at midnight and checked out the next morning at 11am. When we arrived, we were fairly hungry and the only thing open in T4 was the Costa Coffee where there were sandwiches and pastries. Yotel provides complimentary tea, coffee and hot chocolate that we took advantage of. They do have some foods for charge (instant noodles, reheated frozen pizzas, crisps, etc.) but we found that Costa provided a bit more value and sustenance.

Now as for our room #30, it was tiny. Luckily neither of us travel heavy and we had a 40 litre and 32 litre backpacks that sat on the floor. Shower, toilet and bathroom area was clean but very small. The bed is a bunk bed with us occupying the lower bunk and the room next to us occupying the higher bunk resulting in a low clearance ceiling to the bed. Nestled into the wall at the foot of our bed is a miniature flat screen tv. So we enjoyed a cozy drink and sandwich night at 1am in the morning watching tv in a bed slightly bigger than a single bed. Lucky we are also small people 5'6 and under. For people of taller stature, I'd advise upgrading to the double bed room.

The next morning, we checked out at 11am, trained out to T5, went for leisurely 90 minute lunch, last minute souvenir shopping and boarded a flight at 2:30pm with no worries for time.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank JY_Globetrotter
Dear JY_Globetrotter,

We are pleased to see that you appreciated the YOTEL concept and we look forward to welcoming you back.

Boston, Massachusetts, USA
Reviewed 19 November 2013

I highly recommend the Yotel in Terminal 4 of London's Heathrow Airport. You book and pay for the number of hours you need the room for. If you don't mind a small space that is VERY efficiently laid out, then this is a great option for you. Based on my late evening arrival and early morning departure, this ended up being cheaper than a regular hotel room. PLUS, wifi and loads of TV channels are included at no addition cost! I made the reservation online and the check-in process was very quick and easy.

Stayed June 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Deborah W
Dear Deborah W,

Thank you so much for your great comments and your recommendation ! We are very happy to see that you thoroughly enjoyed your YOTEL experience.

We look forward to welcoming you back.

Madison, Wisconsin
Reviewed 19 November 2013

It was great to have a place right inside the airport where I could sleep for a few hours during my 10-hour layover at Heathrow. The room was clean and the bed and linens were comfortable and clean. With all the lights off the room was also very dark which was great for mid-day sleeping. Free wi-fi was also great.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank FrequentTraveler787
Dear FrequentTraveler787,

Thank you so much for your great comments about our service! We are delighted to see that you enjoyed your YOTEL experience and we look forward to welcoming you back.

Best wishes