“Yotel an excellent way to refresh on a long layover”

YOTELAIR London Heathrow Airport
Ranked #6 of 23 Hotels in Hounslow
Cary, North Carolina
“Yotel an excellent way to refresh on a long layover”
Reviewed 4 June 2014

Yotel an excellent way to refresh on a long layover. Room was clean, tidy, small but very comfortable, includes free beverages and room service, free wifi and was able to recharge mobile and check email. Would recommend if you need to re-group on a long layover between flights.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
Yiorgos_Peroutseas, General Manager at YOTELAIR London Heathrow Airport, responded to this review, 6 June 2014
Dear Lindal2286GH,

We are delighted to see that you enjoyed your YOTEL experience and that you appreciated our concept.

General Manager - YOTEL London Heathrow

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (394)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
watford
Reviewed 3 June 2014

My partner and I just returned from a weekend in New York. As we were flying early we thought we might try a stay-over at Heathrow so as not to feel rushed...this place is perfect...it is small, but boy do they pack in the good stuff!...automated roll down beds, flat screens, table and chair, luxury shower, free tea and coffees, delivered to your room if they're not busy lol and fluffy towels...they have hairdryers that are free to borrow and complimentary WiFi...

This was the best start to a holiday we have ever had...woke up refreshed and two minutes from the departure lounge...the girl on reception was also very helpful, checking us in even though we had arrived a little early, so no bags to drag around the airport waiting for the room...well worth the money, and now the first on our list of places to stay if flying early from Heathrow

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank offsidepuppy71
Yiorgos_Peroutseas, General Manager at YOTELAIR London Heathrow Airport, responded to this review, 4 June 2014
Dear offsidepuppy71,

We are thrilled to see that you thoroughly enjoyed your YOTEL experience and that you appreciated so much our concept.

Thank you for your kind comments about our crew and service.

We very much forward to welcoming you back!

Best wishes,

California
Reviewed 31 May 2014

I stayed at the Yotel in London Heathrow (Terminal 4) after arriving on a 7AM flight. I wanted to get 2-3 hours of sleep before heading off into London. I was little apprehensive about what it would be like. I would say it was like an interior ship cabin. Very fresh, nice, with a great shower and bathroom. It was very easy to find up an escalator from the arrivals lounge, and near other terminal shuttles.
I felt very safe ( single woman, traveling alone ), as the staff was just down the hall to "Mission Control", for check-in and snacks, should I want something.). I had a shower, went right to sleep, put my alarm on, checked out, and I was on my way into town, feeling refreshed and rested. Just what I needed. and since I had enough rest to last all day, I did not waste my first day traveling. I stayed up until about 10PM. No jet lag the next day either, since I was now on London time.

You pay by the hour so it was very economical and well worth it. You can also stay overnight before a flight without having to deal with hotel shuttles the next morning. Great idea. I will use Yotel again! Free WI Fi and free Coffee and tea!

Room Tip: I purchased a standard room, but a couple or family could sleep in one of the premium rooms.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank ithnkican
Yiorgos_Peroutseas, General Manager at YOTELAIR London Heathrow Airport, responded to this review, 1 June 2014
Dear ithnkican,

We are delighted to see that you enjoyed your YOTEL experience and that you were impressed by our concept.

We very much forward to welcoming you back!

Mougins
Reviewed 30 May 2014

It's certainly not luxurious but very practical and clean. It's a bit like sleeping in a caravan or boat cabin but everything is there - shower, toilet, sockets for charging phone or laptop and a clean bed with crisp sheets. TV and a folding table/desk. WiFi worked perfectly with no complicated login. The bed is a step up so perhaps a bit difficult for someone with severe mobility problems but perfectly accessible for anyone else,

Very nice people at reception and very quick check in and check out.

Wetherspoon pub right next to the Yotel for a meal or a drink in the quietest part of Terminal 4.

I stayed overnight before a 5:30 a.m. start and it was perfect for that, especially as you don't have to leave the airport at all. Free transfer by Heathrow Express to the other terminals is frequent and easy.

I will certainly use it again for short overnight stays.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
Yiorgos_Peroutseas, General Manager at YOTELAIR London Heathrow Airport, responded to this review, 31 May 2014
Dear MikeMougins,

We are very pleased to see that you enjoyed your YOTEL experience and thank you for your kind comments about our crew and the service (both from our Mission Control crew and Cabin crew).

Best regards,

Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 May 2014 via mobile

I had 6 hours to kill between flights so checked in here. Rooms are somewhat cosy but if it's just for a few hours who cares? Really comfy bed, great rainfall shower and what must be the best coffee at Heathrow. Oh and the coffee was free!!!! I will definitely be staying again.

Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
Dear travellerukguy,

We are delighted to see that you were impressed by our concept and that you enjoyed your YOTEL experience -especially as it seems our coffee and the monsoon shower!

Best wishes,

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 May 2014

Sandwiched between arrivals and departures in the terminal where I needed to be to meet my husband coming in on an early arriving flight from Saudia Arabia, Yotel was the perfect place. Next to a Weatherspoon's for an easy and reasonable dinner. Yotel itself did what it said on the can - lovely and clean, crisp linen, lots of tv channels and I was where I needed to be at 6am the next day having had a really good nights sleep. Would use again for sure.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
Yiorgos_Peroutseas, General Manager at YOTELAIR London Heathrow Airport, responded to this review, 30 May 2014
Dear Polly D,

We are awfully pleased to see that you enjoyed your YOTEL experience and that you would stay again with us in the future. So, we look forward to welcoming you back!

Best regards,

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 May 2014

I have to say that I was really impressed by this. It is similar to the capsule hotels first popularized in Japan, so the 'cabins' are very similar to that on a ship - bed, shower and TV. They charge £35 for stays of four hours and then a sliding scale beyond that, together with free wifi and coffee.

I found it comfortable, perfectly adequate and I got my required five hours of sleep plus a shower; very satisfied.

When you arrive at T4, go to the left in the Arrivals hall and there are signs to the hotel (which is one level up). It's not very big, so be aware that it may fill up.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business