I often choose a Yotel when travelling through Heathrow or Gatwick with one of my kids (I'm a travel writer) because you're right INSIDE the airport so don't have to panic about transport, and also because of the by-hourly-slot booking system, which works out great value compared to most other hotels.
To clarify - the first time I stayed in a Yotel was a press stay to review it, but all subsequent visits I have paid for.
i generally choose a standard cabin, which has a large single bed big enough for an adult and a small child. they are tiny (barely room to put your case on the floor to open it when you need something) but you're only paying for somewhere comfortable to lie down for one night.
my kids love the cosiness and the decor and I love that you get an alarm clock, earplugs, hot drinks, water (all free, i believe). staff have always been really helpful and the toiletries are pretty lush.
haven't tried the food because the cabins really are so small, I wouldn't want them to smell of food all night and it wouldn't be pleasant eating in such a tiny space.
the only ever issue I had was at the gatwick yotel where the duvet cover was a bit coarse - needed softener.
they can also be a bit noisy because of people coming in and out at odd hours - but none of my kids have ever been woken up, and again, they do offer you ear plugs.
but i've used them 5 or more times now so they must be doing most of it right!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- YOTELAIR London Heathrow is inside Terminal 4, located moments away from arrivals, departures, Heathrow Express and underground stations. There are two types of cabins - standard (large single) and premium (double) - both equipped with en-suite bathrooms, free WiFi and a flat screen TV (free-view channels). Also free hot beverages available at Mission Control. Services available include 24-hour food and drink delivered to your cabin in 15 minutes. The best thing - you can book just a few hours or overnight. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, Odigeo and Priceline so you can book your YOTELAIR London Heathrow Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Yotel London Heathrow Airport Hotel Hounslow
- Yotel London Heathrow Airport Hounslow