First time doing this - had a 5-6 hour layover in London - itinerary was Vancouver - London -(5-6 hour layover) - Leeds. I had a fast turnaround in Leeds where I had to be rested and ready to hit the ground running in the new timezone so I knew a nap would be necessary. I waffled about whether or not it would be worth it for only a 4 hour window with them.
YES. YES. YES. this was worth it. The tiny single bunk was absolutely worthwhile - I fell asleep instantly, slept four hours, got up and felt absolutely refreshed. This was worth an entire day of adjustment - I had very little jetlag between that and taking melatonin.
It was very clean, very neat, and very quiet. The only downside was that it is REALLY hard to find - no signs and where you finally end up going is behind a restaurant, and it looks like it's the end of a hallway, with nothing there. Also, there was no one at the desk when I got there, and I couldn't get in for about 5 minutes until someone left - that was really confusing - it would be better to have a doorbell with light response (as opposed to sound response) so they know when people are waiting to come in..
So, if you are waffling because of a connection of only 5 or 6 hours, do it. Trust me, it's worth it! But yes, I left an hour and a half before my next flight and that was perfect timing - don't leave any later than that if you are headed to a different terminal.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- YOTELAIR London Heathrow is inside Terminal 4, located moments away from arrivals, departures, Heathrow Express and underground stations. There are two types of cabins - standard (large single) and premium (double) - both equipped with en-suite bathrooms, free WiFi and a flat screen TV (free-view channels). Also free hot beverages available at Mission Control. Services available include 24-hour food and drink delivered to your cabin in 15 minutes. The best thing - you can book just a few hours or overnight. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Agoda and Priceline so you can book your YOTELAIR London Heathrow Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Yotel London Heathrow Airport Hotel Hounslow
- Yotel London Heathrow Airport Hounslow