“Totally changed my mind”

YOTELAIR London Heathrow Airport
Ranked #6 of 23 Hotels in Hounslow
Sacramento, California
“Totally changed my mind”
Reviewed 14 August 2014

I wasn't sure what to expect. I did some reading on this hotel before arriving but still nothing beats putting "eyes" on a place. From my check in to unlocking the door, I was just amazed at how they could pack so much into so little. Even though I was at a MAJOR airport, I couldn't tell. It was very quiet.

I did order some food which arrived much faster than I expected (or I fell asleep and didn't realize it, lol). For the price, everything was quite comfortable, easy to reach and quite modern. Prior to this stay, I'd never heard of this place. Now, I'm always checking the site to see if/where new sites may be opening.

This is a definite must do especially if you have only a few hours between connections and don't want to bother with the larger chains in the area.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
Yiorgos_Peroutseas, General Manager at YOTELAIR London Heathrow Airport, responded to this review, 15 August 2014
Dear Khen R,

We are delighted to see that you found your experience with YOTEL to be amazing and you had a quiet night's sleep.

We are pleased to share with you that soon we will be opening in Paris International Airport Charles-de-Gaulle and in Singapore City, with more new locations to be announced soon.

Thanks for staying with us and we look forward to welcoming you back on many future occasions.

General Manager - YOTEL London Heathrow

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (393)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed 14 August 2014

I stayed at the Yotel Heathrow on 12 August 2014. The room was practical and comfortable but I got no sleep and that after all was the purpose of taking the room. I was in cabin 4 which is near the reception and I could hear the staff and customers laughing and joking literally every 10 minutes( there is no door to isolate you from the reception). The next door cabin must have had a blocked toilet and was flushed constantly for about 2 hours. When I used my shower the drain was blocked and I had to switch off the water to ensure that it did not overflow, I reported it and was told that these drain, drain slowly but I said it made no sense to have your trash can floating around in the shower with you and they said that they would have it checked when I left. The room was practical and comfortable for the purpose but the lack of small details like the noisy reception and no door to separate it from guests lets it down. I am traveling in 3 weeks time again and had intended to stay over at the Yotel heathrow but I think I will have to give it a skip.

Room Tip: Train staff to be quiet and get a door to isolate the reception from the guest cabins
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled solo
Yiorgos_Peroutseas, General Manager at YOTELAIR London Heathrow Airport, responded to this review, 14 August 2014
Dear ColoradoRichard,

I am awfully sorry to see that your stay was marred by noise.

We are doing our best and we do rely on our guests to be conscious of their fellow travellers’ desire to be quiet as much as is humanly possible. We are aware that the slightest noise can impact somebody's sleep and for this we do ask our guests to be considerate. We do of course have to be considerate ourselves and try even harder however challenging this might be as we interact with our guests for a number of reasons. It is clear from your feedback that we were not successful on this occasion. We are sorry that our efforts did not have the sought-after result for you during this stay.

Please accept once again my apologies. I look forward to your response to my private message through TripAdvisor and I do hope that you will give us the opportunity to prove that this was a very rare experience indeed.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 August 2014

Yotel, really does do what it says on the can - at a very competitive price, comfortable and clean beds and a TV with a great choice of channels. The welcome crew were highly efficient (the automated machines were not working) but I would rathe rdeal with a human being anyway!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled solo

1 Thank Polly D
Dear Polly D,

We are thrilled to see that you thoroughly enjoy your experience with YOTEL experience and that you find our cabins and beds to be comfortable and clean!

Thank you for your most kind and encouraging comments about our crew!

Warm regards

Reviewed 11 August 2014

Due to a long layover at Heathrow Airport i had to book a place to sleep so i orderd a room at the Yotel hotel. Yotel was so cool and so comfortable to stay in. even used Facetime to call my partner. Loved it, felt like very futuristict and the purple neon lights added to the effect. The big was big enough and the tv in front of it gave a good night experience. Took a shower when i woke up, warm water , was excellent.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled solo

2 Thank Anat71
Yiorgos_Peroutseas, General Manager at YOTELAIR London Heathrow Airport, responded to this review, 12 August 2014
Dear Anat71,

We are delighted to see that you thoroughly enjoyed your YOTEL experience and that you had with us the best sleep ever you had in a hotel!

Hong Kong, China
Reviewed 10 August 2014 via mobile

You basically have only 2 choices if you don't want to travel to terminal 4 after sleep. I expect better hygienic condition and cleanliness at this charge. Dusty phone and an insect alive spotted below the phone. Paying 10-20% of the charge allows you to stay in a decent hotel nearby in the area.

Pros: location, helpful staff (even she was the only one on duty providing all sorts of support)

Stayed August 2014
Yiorgos_Peroutseas, General Manager at YOTELAIR London Heathrow Airport, responded to this review, 11 August 2014
Dear enkevin,

Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback and for your kind comments about our crew. It is great to see that you found our colleague on duty to be so helpful.

A dirty cabin is completely unacceptable and not the YOTEL way.

Please accept my most sincere apologies. The cleanliness of the cabin is paramount, as the friendliness and the efficiency of the service are. Price (be it £1, £100 or £1,000), simply, does not come to it.

On the rare occasions when our service standards slip our only recourse is to learn from our mistake and redouble our efforts to ensure we do not allow this to happen in the future.

I hope you might consider using YOTEL again in the future and prove to you that this was an isolated incident. If you do wish to make a future booking please e-mail me directly and I will be pleased to take care of your booking personally.

Once again thank you for choosing YOTEL London Heathrow, for taking the time to give us your feedback and I hope to hear from you soon.

General Manager -YOTEL London Heathrow
Reviewed 10 August 2014

It was so nice to have a place to go & sleep as well as take a much needed shower after traveling for so long & still having more traveling to do. The room is small, but provided everything I needed while I was there on my layover.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled solo

Dear 243shwanad,

We are awfully pleased to see that you appreciated the YOTEL concept and that you thoroughly enjoyed your stays with us.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Jizan, Saudi Arabia
Reviewed 10 August 2014

The Yotel provides exactly what I require as I travel from my home in Canada to my work in Saudi Arabia... and back again. I am able to maximize my rest time while in transit, wake up to a refreshing shower and change of clothing, and get back on the plane ready for the next leg. The staff are friendly and helpful without being intrusive... again, exactly what I require.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business

Dear Mark S,

We are delighted to see that you appreciate the YOTEL concept and that you thoroughly enjoy your stays with us.

Thank you so much for your comments about our crew and service.

We look forward to welcoming you back on many future occasions.

Best regards

General Manager - YOTEL London Heathrow
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hounslow
Hilton London Heathrow Airport
Sofitel London Heathrow
Renaissance London Heathrow Hotel
Hilton Garden Inn London Heathrow Airport
Premier Inn London Heathrow Airport (Bath Road) Hotel
Ibis Styles London Heathrow Airport

Been to YOTELAIR London Heathrow Airport? Share your experiences!