“does the job and fantastic value for money!”

Osterley Park Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Isleworth
Reviewed 10 April 2013

After firstly booking on Laterooms I then subsequently read some negative reviews on here.

So here's my review which I hope will help?

TRAVEL TIP
So it was with some trepidation that my family and I proceeded up the M5 from Devon, and east along the M4 until turning off at J3. ( sat navs tell you to leave and J5, but far superior human brain and map proves J3 is better!). Anyhow once on the Great West Rd just keep an eye on the left for the Osterley Park Tube ( big concrete tower ). The 1 minute or so drive from the tube you see the hotel on your left. Turn left into side street immediately before hotel to access hotel car park. If you miss this turning it could be tricky perhaps in heavy traffic to negotiate back?

EXTERIOR AND RECEPTION
So from the outside it seems fine enough, and crucially plenty of free parking. On checking in the the staff were extremely helpful. We had rooms in the outside motel bit but this is located next to main building and you can park literally below your room.

ROOM
Okay once in the room I admit that some parts of the room and bathroom looked a bit tired, and the water pressure in the shower was a bit low.
On the plus side. The room was spacious, clean, warm and secure. For the price we paid we really can't have any complaints.

IMMEDIATE VICINITY
The hotel has a pub attached to it. Seemed nice enough and had a family friendly menu which was brought to our table in the pub. Reasonable price and a good selection promptly served after ordering. There is also an indian restaurant also alongside which I believe is very nice.
* On one night we were there there was an asian wedding going on in the hotel main building. Being from Devon we sadly don't see these, and it was a real treat to see.

LOCAL AREA
Don't be too put off about the 15-20 minute walk to the Tube. If you have kids or find it tricky to walk, then go across the road to the bus stop and bus H91 ( every ten minutes ) which takes all of a minute or so to get to the tube, which is then accessed via a subway. Then a frequent tube service takes 25 minutes to get into the centre of town. (Less if you want to stop off at Earls Court for example to access pubs and restaurants.) Also if Tubes are not your thing then outside the hotel there is a frequent west bound bus service to Hammersmith. If you fancy a stroll or jog, and have time, then you have Osterley Park very near the hotel which is very nice. Otherwise if you have more time and feel more energetic, then go west immediately outside of the hotel and then head south at the junction and in a short time you'll be strolling down by the Thames!

SUMMARY
This is not a swish west end hotel. It does not pretend to be. It's safe, clean, friendly, and so easy to get to by car. Travelling by car from Devon for two people is far cheaper than the train or coach. On that note a real bonus is being able to park your car for free that close to Town.
Personally I'd rather stay here with the convenience of access, parking, and value for money. It really is value for money on laterooms. We paid £92 in total for 2 people for 2 nights, and spent the money that would have spent on pretentious inaccessible accommodation closer to town on having a good time in London!
We're going back soon!

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Rob C

Reviewed 24 March 2013

Was expecting the worst after reading the reviews on here. My office had booked this hotel for me, I was working in Wimbledon.
It was easy to find and the gentleman who checked me in was pleasant and helpful and friendly. I was given a room in the main building and pleased to say it was nice and toasty on a bitterly cold night.
The "chalet style" rooms across the car park don't look so great and I am very glad I wasn't in one of them.
My room was large with a massive bed. The bed itself was comfortable and clean, It has blankets and sheets rather than a quilt. I prefer a quilt but that's just a personal preference.
The furnishings were modern and there was a large flat screen TV and the usual tea tray. There was also a small fridge for your use.
The bathroom was dated but it was clean and the shower had plenty hot water ( I had 3 showers in a little over 12 hours) and the pressure was good. 2 bath towels were supplied and they were both nice and fluffy.
I didn't have breakfast so I can't comment on it.
Check out was speedy and efficient again with a friendly member of staff.
The hotel could do with a bit of modernisation, the pictures on the walls look about 20 years old and are all faded, just a minor point but would be easily fixed.
Plenty of car parking.
So all in all, was perfectly fine for 1 night. Would I stay again, for longer? Yes I probably would. Not a bad price for London and provided I got a room in the main building I'd book it again. It's not far from a tube station and just a little further for a choice of 2 main line stations so if you want to be in West London to commute to central London for tourist things this place would be ok.

Room Tip: I had a room overlooking the car park but it was quiet, no noise issues. Motel/chalet style rooms di...
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 24 March 2013

So cold in the rooms at night no blankets but sheets and fleece IN (ENGLAND) in the winter minus 2 outside :( needs a bit of a refurb in the rooms. I would say 2 star not 3
Only hot running water in the bathroom sink no cold water.

But could not complain was a last min trip to london for 1 night stay was cheap

Room Tip: Make sure you have got more blankets and the heating is on and the water works
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 19 March 2013

I first stayed in this hotel in 1991 for a friend's wedding reception. Time has not been kind.

We booked a room for 3 as we were going to a 50th birthday party at a local venue.. When we arrived, the room was bitterly cold. I noticed an iron burn on the carpet immediately and net curtains, yes net curtains, were black and full of dust. The furniture is extremely dirty and internal fittings of a poor quality. The window frame was rotten also. I telephoned reception to ask about the heating and was met with a rather curious response "you want the heating on". Upon our return from the party, the room was boiling hot and no matter which way I turned the thermostat, the temperature would not lower. I tried to open the window, but this was limited as the room was on the ground floor. I hardly slept a wink all night. A tip in the customer car park, in full view, was stuffed to the rafters necessitating the dumping of an old bath in the space adjacent.

The sheets were crisp and clean, but that's about it.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 3 March 2013 via mobile

The main problem I have with the hotel is the heating. It is 6am on 2nd of March 2013 and -2°C outside and all I have to heat a (quite spacious) family room is a tiny portable radiator. This radiator is cranked up to full and I am still laid in bed (which has no duvet only a blanket) with my fleece on.

I can only assume that the hotel is being refurbished at the moment. The bathroom has a brand new sink and toilet, but the floor tiles are faded and chipped. There's a 30" Flat screen TV mounted on the wall, but no double glazing to keep the heat in.

Osterly tube station is a 10 minute walk away, so it was ideal for is to park the car and head for central London.

As I said earlier, the room is a good size and clean and tidy. The furniture is dated, but if you are using it as somewhere to crash with access to central London then it does the job. As long as you come in summer or with thermal underwear.

• Stayed: March 2013
Reviewed 1 March 2013

I stayed at this hotel on a busness trip to London, the situation of the hotel was ideal for getting to and from where I needed to be. I found that the staff were particularly helpful and extreemly frendly. Nothing seemed too much trouble for them. The food which I had in the restraunt was excellent and very welcome. My only complaint and this was not the hotels fault was that breakfast wasn't served until 7 am and as I had to be away before then to start work at 7. Would I recommend this hotel to anyone else the answer is YES.

Room Tip: Just tell the staff what you require.
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Christopher P
Reviewed 25 February 2013

Were shipped to Osterley Park by the hotel we had booked in Hounslow (water leaking from above). Being on a tight timescale to catch the match at Twickenham accepted the alternative as other hotels in the area were fully booked.
First impressions...grim. Building looked very run down. Reception dark and dingy and not very appealing, although male receptionist was pleasant enough. Our room was across the car park on the ground floor and looked very much like a downmarket motel. The room was huge and to be fair well furnished but with dated furniture. The bathroom was weird...with two shower cubicles side by side. The bathroom clearly needed to be updated (black mould etc). Thankfully the bed linen was spotless. To be fair that's all me and my son needed - to get our heads down after a day out at the Rugby.
We did not eat at the Hotel so cannot make comment.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Isleworth
Travelodge London Hounslow
Urban Villa Hotel
#1 of 7 in Brentford
Travelodge London Kew Bridge
Ibis Budget London Hounslow

Been to Osterley Park Hotel? Share your experiences!