“Yuk!”

Osterley Park Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Isleworth
Reviewed 8 June 2014

The only decent thing about this place was the reception staff who were polite and efficient. I feel sorry for them working in such a dingy, dated and generally depressing place. There were broken fittings in the rooms, our room strangely had 2 showers, but one of them didn't work. The walls were paper thin and we were kept awake for hours during the night thanks to loud voices coming from rooms above and next door. Everything looked grubby and old - and the brown fleecy blankets on the beds gave the impression of not being freshly laundered. The room smelt of old cigarettes and spicy food. On our way out of the hotel to our car I spotted the housekeeping cupboard outside under a walkway canopy...I hope the bedding wasn't kept in here because that might explain the stale and damp smell in the bedrooms...We wouldn't ever return.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank Lydbrooklady
There are newer reviews for Osterley Park Hotel

Reviewed 7 June 2014

"Hotel" was terrible. Beds was dirty, had pay extra for internet, but it's written in web-site that wifi is for free, unfortunately it was not true. Rooms looks and smells horrible. One of my colleague founded in her bed worms... So if you have opportunity to stay somewhere else, do that.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Dovilė V
Reviewed 7 June 2014

They promise free wifi and then charge you £10 for it. The rooms are the most dirty I have ever experienced. When we entered the room, we found an old dirty sock and other waste, the window was broken and could not close, which made us feel uncomfortable to leave our things in the room. They have a fridge, which might will work, if you are able to move it across the room to plug it. They have a kettle, with coffee and tea placed in a holder which probably never has been cleaned, lets just say some of the items we were unable to identify. AND THEN THE WORST PART: my friend lifted her bed-sheet and found A WORM in her bed!!! We did nothing but complain to the owners and they were rolling their eyes and called us "they complaining girls" when they thought we didn't hear it.

To sum up: Rooms were extremely dirty!!! We got the worst treatment ever!! And they lie on their homepage, NO FREE WIFI!!!!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Nette L
Reviewed 6 June 2014

It was the worst experience EVER! I don't know how they managed to get their 'Hotel' title, but that is not a hotel, is more like a hostel... When you check their web-site you will see a nice hotel with great rooms. You can also see there that they have free wifi which is actually NOT TRUE. Unfortunately I went there with my colleagues for a study trip, so I was forced to stay there for 4 nights and they charged us 10 pounds/person for internet access. The rooms were smelling awful and there were dirty doors and walls (really disgusting). We were served breakfast every morning and the cups were really dirty so try to avoid drinking tea or coffee there.
I didn't like anything there so I hope I will not have an experience like that ever again.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
3  Thank Patricia M
Reviewed 2 June 2014

The Osterley park hostel sorry hotel was terrible.I booked 2 rooms for our stay and was given rooms17&20 both were disgusting,very smelly.we complained and were moved to 52&62 they didn't smell as much and were in the main building, more sercure ,and not as shabby.The one decent thing about this hotel was the man who checked us in and the cleaner in the reception area sunday morning the others we meet were ignorant.Really it was our own fault we paid cheap £65 double £48 single but got very cheap.Dont stay here if at all possible.

Room Tip: ask to stay in main building.DO NOT STAY IN ROOMS 1TO 20, Room 52 was far better.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Thomas D
Reviewed 1 June 2014

Me and my husband stayed here for 2 nights(unfortunately). We always stay in Brentford when we go to Twickenham but we thought no let's try somewhere else. We arrived at the hotel and it look ok, checked in then we were told we would be in Room 45. We got told to go back out of the main doors then turn right and just walk round the corner. 100 yards later we went through a small door at the back of the hotel next to the kitchens. Went into the room very old looking, miss match on everything in the room and stunk of smoke. The room did have a small old portable tv, fridge, kettle, lamp and a TV box get but only 2 plug sockets. We went into the bathroom where the sink and bath taps and plug holes where covered in lime scale, the plugs just sat on the side of the bath and sink(not attached to anything), toilet roll holder broken, toilet seat broken side of the bath broken. But we said well we are only going to sleep in here so what the hell or so we thought. Next to the room was a function room there was a function room and the had dos on both nights. We could not sleep as the music was that loud and went on until the morning. I did phone reception and was informed that there was nothing they could do as all of the rooms where full and they do not normally rent these rooms out went there is dos on as they have had a lot of complaints before about the same thing. They where not helpful and not bothered. I did ask to speak to the manager and was given his email address.
We did look for other accommodation but all places we tried where full. If anyone is thinking of stopping here don't .

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Andrea H
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Stayed here after a golf day and a few beers.. Couldn't get a hotel in Richmond where we played and this was the nearest and very cheap. £45. I arrived at about 19.00 and although the pub, an old timbered building, looked fine, on rounding the corner to the Hotel car park and seeing half the Hotel sign had fallen off, i wasn't optimistic! Also at Reception the room rate was quoted as £99 so I thought maybe I hadn't read the small print properly..! However I was charged £45, and maybe that was a very late booking rate.. My room was in what was more like a motel, but it was very clean, with new towels and probably new bed linen, and the shower in the bath room was fine. I'd booked a single room but had a double bed which was comfortable. The only minor problem was that the main lights in the bedroom didn't work, but the bathroom was fine, and there was a standalone lamp which gave out enough light. I reported it so it should be OK in future. (Room 17). I didn't stay for breakfast, but at £9.99 it seemed reasonably priced..

I needed a taxi and this was ordered by reception and arrived on time..

All in all very satisfactory for the money and for my requirements, although they would do well to smarten up the Hotel entrance!

Room Tip: Suspect all similar. I was in 17
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Isleworth
Ibis Budget London Hounslow
Travelodge London Hounslow Hotel
Best Western Plus Park Grand London Heathrow
Hilton London Syon Park
Hilton London Syon Park
#4 of 7 in Brentford
Premier Inn London Kew Hotel
Premier Inn London Brentford Hotel

Been to Osterley Park Hotel? Share your experiences!