“I recommend this restaurant. The negative remarks here are surprising”

The School of Spice
Ranked #3 of 26 Restaurants in Shepperton
Cuisines: Indian, Asian, Balti
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Groups, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Delivery, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Stansted Mountfitchet, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“I recommend this restaurant. The negative remarks here are surprising”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 September 2013

We found the staff very helpful. We appreciated the staff's friendly and attentive, yet respectful, service. This contrasted positively with UK's central London blight (sullen-ness and lack of eye contact). The atmosphere inside The School of Spice restaurant Shepperton was so more relaxing than that in the loud neighbouring pub (where-in obtrusive music offends the ear). I and my partner enjoyed our two mid-week evening meals, finding the food very tasty and more distinctive (flavour-wise) than very many others we have been to. When I had chosen which dish, the head waiter (having described helpfully the ingredients) was able to require the chef to add more sauce for me.

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank Garr U

middlesex uk
“Worst Indian meal ever!!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 September 2013 via mobile

Worst Indian meal we have ever experienced, burnt food. No customer service, when you tried to explain the problem. Did not get round to dessert. They thought taking £3.00 off the bill would be a gesture of goodwill. Last place we would recommend.

• Visited September 2013
Shepperton, United Kingdom
“not so good last time!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 August 2013

Having visited this restaurant many time in the past, always enjoyed the food and cleanliness together with the service. But not so at the last visit....food was really good etc. but this time the familliarity by a couple of the staff (we were a party of 6 ladies) was quite frankly an embarrassment. I would not choose to visit again without male friends. Really I should have complained at the time but was too upset....even though we still left a tip!

• Visited June 2013
Shepperton, United Kingdom
“The best Indian restaurant in the area”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 August 2013

I grind my own spices and often make my own freshly prepared currys so I think I am somewhat of an expert on the subject! I think the currys at school of spice are the best in the area and we now always return to this restaurant, having had disappointing food at other Indian resturants in Shepperton. Everyone in my family, ranging in age from 10 - 90, loves coming here. The service is always friendly although it can be a bit slow when busy on a Saturday night.

• Visited August 2013
Schoolofspice S, Manager at The School of Spice, responded to this review, 28 August 2013
Hello,
Sazzle109,

Thank you for the lovely review and we are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your recent dining experience with us! I have shared your warm comments with the entire team, who are very happy to hear your warm comments.

We hope to welcome you back to The School Of Spice in the near future!

Kind regards,
Kamrul.
Leeds, United Kingdom
“a Great place to eat”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 August 2013

Brilliant place, very welcoming with excellent staff. The food was of a very high quality. Would go back again.

Visited July 2013
Hello,
paulhartley14,

We hope to welcome you back to The School Of Spice in the near future!

Kind regards,