“Great food with beautiful views!!”
Review of Thames Court

Thames Court
Ranked #21 of 27 Restaurants in Shepperton
Cuisines: Contemporary
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: The Thames Court in Shepperton is a country pub & restaurant oozing rural charm and rustic character. Our picturesque surroundings provide the perfect backdrop for savouring the hearty, seasonal pub-food on our menu, and the carefully nurtured cask ales and fine wines gracing our bar.
Surrey
“Great food with beautiful views!!”
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Great food with beautiful views, good prices too. Very busy on hot days though!!
Have been here many times with friends and family, as a couple and big groups, venue always suits.

• Visited May 2014

Shepperton, United Kingdom
“Always falls short, relies on it's location to attract custom”
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Have visited this restaurant with guests from abroad ( Switzerland) on the last three occasions and each time something doesn't work out - just like your previous reviewer. Unfortunately, it always falls short on food or service but usually on food. On one occasion I had a seafood dish which had almost no seafood in it and was the most expensive of the dishes we ordered. By contrast, my father ordered ordered the fish and chips and that was huge but by complaining about my dish they took it away and returned it when everyone else had finished. I think the issue is that it relies on it's location rather than quality of anything else - too bad as there are other restaurants across the river with similar views but superior food. I won't be rushing back to eat here with all the choice available until someone revamps the service and food. May stop for a coffee and admire the view though.

• Visited March 2014
3 Thank Maz545
West Wycombe, United Kingdom
“Always busy but a great location”
Reviewed 28 May 2014

The food here is good, nothing particularly special but never had a bad meal, but the location next to the Thames overlooking the weir and lock is great. At weekends it gets really busy - during the summer there are lots of outdoor tables but difficult to get one when the weather is good. It's worth the wait because you can eat and drink and take in life on the river.

• Visited September 2013
London
“Lunch”
Reviewed 27 May 2014

Had a friend staying, from Nice, and we went to Thames Court for lunch.
The welcome was very friendly, the service was good, the food was very good.
I have been to this restaurant many times, taking many friends their and I have never been let down.

• Visited May 2014
London, United Kingdom
“I DO LOVE SUNDAY LUNCH AT THE THAMES COURT”
Reviewed 21 May 2014

Even now my mouth is watering as I think of the delicious Sunday lunches at the Thames Court. I usually go there with my husband and a friend and I absolutely love their Roast Beef and their delicious Roast Potatoes, Roast Parsnips, other vegetables and all the trimmings. The wine menu is very good and their desserts are to die for. Last time I went there, I had their Apple Gallette with Cream, my husband had his favourite Apple Crumble with Custard and my friend had the Creme Brulee. I was rather disappointed that they had stopped doing the best Sticky Toffee Pudding I had ever tasted - which they used to serve with Clotted Cream - so I do hope they bring it back. There is nothing better than having a long lazy lunch there followed by a walk along the Thames. The pub garden in summer is lovely but of course it gets packed. Always best to reserve a table in advance.

• Visited March 2014