“Not a bad place”
Review of Thames Court

Thames Court
Reserve with OpenTable
Thames Court is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #21 of 27 Restaurants in Shepperton
Cuisines: Contemporary
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: The Thames Court in Shepperton is a country pub & restaurant oozing rural charm and rustic character. Our picturesque surroundings provide the perfect backdrop for savouring the hearty, seasonal pub-food on our menu, and the carefully nurtured cask ales and fine wines gracing our bar.
London, United Kingdom
“Not a bad place”
Reviewed 9 July 2014

Went on a Thursday evening about 9pm, the place was very busy, had to queue up to get a table. After prompting the waitress the order was taken staright away. Although we had to wait for the food about 40 minutes, the food was good. Had the the menu of the day for Wednesday, they had not rubbed out yesterdays menu, steak pie was good and so was the burger. Service was average but I think that was due to it being late and busy.

Surrey, United Kingdom
“SHOCKING”
Reviewed 5 July 2014

Having visited this establishment countless times over the years, it really is SO disappointing to see it going downhill rapidly. Lovely location - 10/10. Service - 1/10. Quality of food - very questionable. The whole experience received on my last trip was a shocker and one i will never forget. Nearly 2 hour wait for food after being advised 45 minutes and the food was almost inedible, myself and many other customers had to complain leaving a sour atmosphere in the restaurant as well as hungry stomachs! We didn't pay and i could see many other parties refused to pay their bills too. The "manager" (would have got more personality and service from a potato) didn't even seem surprised so this is clearly a common night affair. How they are still trading i do not know.
I suggest you go elsewhere before booking here, especially if it is for a special occasion.

5 Thank yesorno87
Surrey, England
“Grass in my drink, filthy plates and management that doesn't appear to care......”
Reviewed 4 July 2014

Beautiful sunny evening and I had rebooked at table for a group. I booked through the website which said I would receive a confirmation call. This did not happen but I got a one word email -confirmed - as I recall no mention of indoor or outdoor table. We were squashed in a dark corner at the back of the restaurant. We waited almost an hour to get a drink served and at this time we were told there was an hour wait for food. We began to complain when people that were arriving as passing trade were getting food first. It seems the bar/food queue takes preference over the booked clientele. I realised there was something in my coke and found a large clump of grass.....yes grass! My drink was replaced. So, 9:20pm, 2hrs after we arrived and after profound complaining and threatening to leave, food was served. It was dumped on filthy plates. Thick grease underneath and finger prints of grease and general debris around the top rim of the plate. I asked for mine to be repeated. A burger turned up without bacon, mushy peas served I. Error were scaled of chips and the dish replayed and the final member of our group got their food 20mins after the first. My friend suggest the a bill should not be presented and to give them one point, they agreed and said that the service was appalling. Apparently the 'managers' were having a party in the garden and came in to cook our food. Whilst we were complaining to one of the managers, he was complacent and paid us lip service. He really didn't care. The waitresses said it happens all the time and they are subject to abuse from frustrated customers.
We gave the waitress a generous tip, but she offered little apology, just agreed with us how bad the service was. We will not revisit this appalling venue, such a shame as it could be amazing.

3 Thank neveradullmoment50
London, United Kingdom
“Birthday blow out”
Reviewed 3 July 2014

Lovely location.. However went to Thames court for a friends birthday, a group of 6. Waited over half an hour for a drink.. Then another 30 minutes for a starter (of garlic bread). Poorly presented starters too. Over and hour later we were still waiting for our mains. When asked, the waitress said it would be longer. Another 15 minutes after speaking to another member of staff, some were served meals. Cold and tasteless. Burger was oozing with grease so was returned.

Will not be eating here again.

2 Thank Lucy C
Surrey
“Thoroughly disappointing”
Reviewed 28 June 2014

Visited here as a family of three. Two adults and a child. Starters were poorly presented, very small and not good value for money. The mains were awful. The ribeye steak was 3/4 fat. The chunky chips oozed lots of grease (far more than expected). The chicken and leek pie was very nice sadly let down by the cold chips and odd coloured cold chips. Safe to say we wernt sticking around for dessert. A table very close also had problems with their mains.

• Visited June 2014