“Nice location.”

Thames Court
Ranked #20 of 27 Restaurants in Shepperton
Cuisines: Contemporary
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: The Thames Court in Shepperton is a country pub & restaurant oozing rural charm and rustic character. Our picturesque surroundings provide the perfect backdrop for savouring the hearty, seasonal pub-food on our menu, and the carefully nurtured cask ales and fine wines gracing our bar.
Weston-super-Mare, United Kingdom
“Nice location.”
Reviewed 9 August 2014 via mobile

I have eaten in this restaurant this evening with family. Since eating our meal I have looked at the reviews and see they are very mixed and quite poor. Our experience was good we all enjoyed our meal . We had starters mains desserts and coffee . I would describe it as fairly good pub food . Not the best I have eaten but certainly not the worse.service was good our waitress Jess was very much on the ball and very pleasant . Over all a good experience.

Visited August 2014
2 Thank JeanEllen2013

Staines, United Kingdom
“Stunning location, food reasonable, dreadful service.”
Reviewed 8 August 2014

The venue is in a fabulous position adjacent to the Thames and Shepperton Lock.
We went back to this pub after a poor experience last summer when six of us waited over two hours to get our food at lunchtime and we ended up having free meals as we waited so long.
Last Thursday four of us tried again. This time it was a beautiful day (and there had been many such) so it was no surprise the pub was busy. We arrived early and sat outside only to find there was no service for all the 20 or so tables outside.
We had to walk inside with our menus to join a queue to order drinks and food. We then were presented with 8 glasses for wine and water, an ice bucket, wine and left to carry it all out ourselves without the offer of a tray.
A man at an adjoining table with two young boys was unable to go and order because the staff would make no concessions and he couldn't leave the boys on their own. He had to wait 30 minutes for his friend to arrive.
As we we were the first to arrive for lunch at 11.50 we were aware that there were a lot of cigarette butts on the floor which was poor.
The food was acceptable and the tables were promptly cleared but at the end of our lunch we had to go and join another queue to pay the bill.
Another example of poor management, lack of customer focus and staff resources?
Have a drink but think twice before eating there.

• Visited August 2014
2 Thank RichardSurrey20
Addlestone, England, United Kingdom
“I'm a regular, but with mixed experiences...”
Reviewed 8 August 2014

Been down to this pub/restaurant many times in my life, with mixed experiences. The service for food inside is generally okay, before you would have to go up and order but now inside waitresses serve. The restaurant is nicely kept inside, and the food is very good.

I am however, unimpressed by the amount of times that I have been here in the summer months with there constantly being a big queue for drinks at the bar, no matter what day! I went last night for a few drinks with my friends, and the queue was almost out of the door! There were quite a few staff members inside behind the bar, but many of them didn't take any notice of the queue! And they say that unemployment levels in this country needs tackling?! Hire some more staff!

Other than that, the outside seating is really good, and a nice setting by the river is probably one of the only factors that draws me back to this place.

• Visited August 2014
3 Thank Alex G
Shepperton, United Kingdom
“riverside setting”
Reviewed 5 August 2014

This is local and if you get the weather lovely as you can sit outside by the river, although in the winter they have real open fires so just as nice then. Normally busy so food can be a bit slow but it's normally good and in a nice environment it seems ok

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank Karen W
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Gorgeous food ”
Reviewed 5 August 2014 via mobile

When I logged onto trip advisor to write my review I was really surprised to see all the bad reviews! 6 of us ate here, we all chose something different and every meal was gorgeous. We're from the north and you would pay the same price for rubbish food and a scruffy setting where we live so we was very surprised at the quality and price. We took our dogs and within seconds staff had come out with a bowl of water for them. Great setting by the water, nice staff, gorgeous food.