“Fantastic”

Blubeckers
Price range: US$10 - US$32
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse, British, Grill
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Relaxed, friendly and cosmopolitan, we're now up and running and can be found opposite Church Square in Old Shepperton. We welcome locals and visitors alike, so hope you'll drop by for a drink and perhaps something exciting from our menu.
“Fantastic”
Reviewed 23 June 2014 via mobile

Loads of character, fantastic food and exceptional service, although fairly expensive. Recommend the legendary ribs

Egham, United Kingdom
“Not as good as it used to be!!”
Reviewed 6 June 2014 via mobile

We always enjoyed this restaurant, but tonight it was very very average. Starter good, asparagus and poached egg, well done. Main, one rib eye steak, ok, but chips were like oven chips. Red mullet salad special was a waste of money, fish stuffed with crab was not at all fresh or tasty. Large red wine was hot and rough and at £6.95 a glass poor value. Will not go to this restaurant again!!

Visited June 2014
1 Thank SteveandLin1973
London, United Kingdom
“Sometimes, only ribs will do.....”
Reviewed 19 May 2014

And Blubecker's don't stint on their portions.....the standard size will satisfy everyone; don't try the larger portion unless you fancy yourself as presenter on "Man v. Food"!! I eschewed anything to start with...the ribs are challenging enough....and I found the service to be excellent until I got to where I wanted to PAY....when all the staff had either disappeared or ignored me. I was truly impressed by the finger bowl that arrived, unbidden...a proper dish of warm water plus lemon garnish....I was going to ask for a "real" finger bowl, as I detest these stupid sachets of sopping tissue that pass in some establishments. Here I was presented with the "real deal" and a nice pile of fingerdrying napkins, too. Full marks!! The pint of Stella rapidly whizzed to the table and I was able to slake my thirst ; absolutely the correct temperature, and badly needed on a hot day.
The ribs......a large bowl of them...cut into sections of three ribs each, all of them done to perfection with the meat falling off the bone. AB-solutely drowned in lipsmacking sauce....! Best eaten with a knife and fork, trying to pick them up is inviting a meat-and-sauce fallout all over one's shirt....or chest hair if one happens to be "medallion man"....and even more embarassing for the ladies.....no, folks, let's do this the English way, table manners and all that stuff, utensils to the fore even when eating ribs!! They come with chips and coleslaw and I had some onion rings as well. Silence descended whilst the food was accorded full attention....magnificent. There were some small people in the restaurant, and I think they were making a bit of noise, but the hubbub disappeared into the background as the cave walls closed in around me and I made the odd grunting sound whilst gnawing at the final shreds adhering to the bones.....as I said, sometimes, only ribs will do....

Well, ribs and sticky toffee pudding. With butterscotch sauce. And vanilla icecream.... Taken after the ribs, I hasten to add, an admixture of those ingredients would not be advisable...... another pint of Stella and fluid balance had been restored; finally a double espresso and a Courvoisier VSOP ( far better value than the inferior Remy Martin) and I was replete.

After a bit I thought about leaving....but that's when the service was absent; no worry, reallly as it's the bit before and during the eating process that matters...one can usually dawdle a bit at the end. Finally I trekked bill-less to the till and paid.....

This Blubecker's is a good example of the chain; no excuse for leaving hungry....

• Visited May 2014
Poole, United Kingdom
“Quaint little village restaurant”
Reviewed 17 April 2014

Set in the old part of Shepperton with easy access to the river and surrounded by old hotels and the church, this is a nice place to take the family.the food is what you would expect from a well known chain and the staff are very helpful.

• Visited October 2013
Shepperton, United Kingdom
“Great early for kids = avoid if you hate the 'screaming hour'!”
Reviewed 16 April 2014

A reliable place for ribs, burgers and that sort of thing. Service is patchy. Can be a good night out but please avoid the screaming hour - I am sure you know what I mean!

• Visited March 2014