“Great hotel for regular stop overs”

Holiday Inn London-Shepperton
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Shepperton
Reviewed 5 November 2012 via mobile

I've used this hotel most weeks for over 3 years now. It's a bit off the beaten track down a private road past Shepperton Marina. Great if you've got a car. Trains are a short taxi journey. Lots of places to eat round and about in Lower Sunbury, Shepperton, Walton and Weybridge. Staff are very friendly and hotel is slowly being updated new bar and reception done and a few rooms started too.

• Stayed: November 2012
1  Thank Archirep
QMHManager, Resident Manager at Holiday Inn London-Shepperton, responded to this reviewResponded 13 November 2012

Dear guest,

Thank you for spending time on writing a review of our hotel.

I’m pleased to read that as a returning customer you continue to enjoy your stays with us and I look forward to welcoming you back on your next trip. I will pass your kind words on to our team members.

Reviewed 5 November 2012

stayed at this hotel for 2nights, is listed as a 4star! The room was small considering it's star rating, plugs were fitted by workstation upside down, no information regarding local area or about hotel. Very poor selection of hot drinks, no biscuits, wi-fi charged at £5 per hour or £15 or 24hrs. Not easy to find if you don't know local area, poorly signposted, off from a main road and poorly lit down a pot hole filled lane.
Toilet very noisy when flushed, quilt very thin. Position of kettle unsuitable had to be placed next to T.V to be plugged in at the back of T.V, not very safe!
Ordered 2 hot chocolates which are described on the menu as being served in large cups, actually came in 2 carboard cups and charged £3.25 for each!
would not stay here again, not a warm welcome, when raised issues with reception manager didn't really seem interested and gave an insincere apology, was quite dismissive.

Room Tip: all the rooms we were informed were all the same standard as this is a chain hotel
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple

Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to leave feedback on your recent stay with us.

I am sorry to read that your stay with us was not to the standard we strive to deliver. I would really appreciate the chance to restore your faith in the Holiday Inn Shepperton. Please email your name, room number and date of stay to ops.hishepperton@qmh-hotels.com.

Reviewed 3 November 2012 via mobile

Have stayed here many times before as a base for visiting Thorpe Park, Chessington & Legoland. Rooms are good & breakfast excellent but this time, the reception staff let the hotel down. No warm greeting-more of an inconvenience for interrupting her and so no explanation of facilities, room location etc. Good job we'd been before! Pool is lovely but not especially child friendly.

• Stayed: October 2012

Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay with us.

I’m sorry to read that your time with us was not enjoyable and I am very sorry that our team members let our hotel down. Your comments have been noted for further consideration. I will be sharing your comments with our team and will put in place measures to ensure that the same mistakes will not be made in future.

Reviewed 30 October 2012

Quick to check in. Rooms were adequate. TV really needs updating and more channels added. Pool was adequate but elderly leisure club members obviously don't like children in the pool.
Bar seemed okay and breakfast was fine.
All the staff were friendly and polite to us.
Nothing is in walking distance so you will need a car or a taxi.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family

Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay with our hotel.

I’m pleased to read that your time with us was satisfactory and our team members were friendly and professional.

Children are allowed into our pool until 7pm and the club shuts at 9pm weekends and at 10pm during the week. I am pleased to announce that our televisions will all be upgraded this week to flat screen TVs and they will come with an abundance of channels as well as allowing wireless connectivity with laptops and smartphones.

I hope to welcome you back to the hotel in the near future.

Reviewed 26 October 2012

Where do I begin.
The first problem was on arrival, the room cold and smelt damp. I turned the heating on and was confronted with the sound of a hair dryer on full speed an antiquated A/C system. We decided to get changed and go to our venue and left the heating switched on . On return the heating was off and the room again was very cold but the damp smell had gone. I switched the heating back on and we had to endure many hours of it switching on and off automatically with the associated noise problem, very little sleep that night. The following morning I asked for the heating not to be switched off by the staff cleaning the room so we would not have to put it on during the night.

The next night the same again the room was very cold and the heating as on but the room stat turned down. I had to turn it up again to warm the place up and again the sound of a hair dryer on full began. The guest in the next room began talking loudly on his cell phone at 1.30 am and I requested the desk staff to have a word with him as I could clearly hear his conversation through the adjoining door. They didn't. This continued for at least another half an hour until the heating started up again and drowned him out. Ten minutes later it stopped and we then could hear him snoring. No sleep for us again !
The shower thermostat didn't work and was too hot to stand under, the extractor in the bathroom didn't work and the room filled with steam and the mirror was useless, tiles coming away from the wall and mould in the tile grouting.
I pointed all of these problems out again when checking out and was told " they were very sorry I had not been happy with the room and can you enter your pin number in the machine please" We will not be going back.
The only upside was it the breakfast was good and that's about all.

Room Tip: Pick a newer hotel with better A/C and thicker walls.
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family

Dear guest,

Thank you for writing a review of your time spent with Holiday Inn Shepperton.

I am extremely sorry to read that you did not enjoy your stay with us. We strive to deliver the best service possible to our guests and I’m disappointed that during your stay we have not achieved this.

The heating system in our rooms is one of the major aspects of our refurbishment that will be happening within the next few years. Until then, it is regularly monitored by our maintenance team who work hard to ensure it is satisfactory.

I would appreciate the chance to restore your faith in Holiday Inn Shepperton. Please email your name, room number and date of stay to ops.hishepperton@qmh-hotels.com. Once again, please accept my apologies for the quality of your stay.

Reviewed 16 October 2012 via mobile

I've been staying at the hotel for the last four years. Attending an exhibition at Kempton park.

It's a ten minute drive to Kempton park. Five minutes from the bars and restaurants.

The rooms are a bit average, but the overall hotel is very good, and the breakfast is very good,

• Stayed: October 2012
2  Thank Matt S

Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel.

I’m pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and found our location to be ideal for your needs. I will pass your kind words about breakfast onto our restaurant team. I hope to welcome you back to the hotel in the near future.

Reviewed 13 October 2012

Having travelled approximately five hours from the north of England my wife and I arrived at the hotel to be informed we would have to carry our own cases to our room. Fortunately we were only on the second floor! The room was comfortable and cleaned each day. Well done to the cleaning staff. The meals were a hot buffet but were a very average choice of food. Sadly the restaurant manager did not speak to his staff in a very nice manner and should have had the courtesy to reprimand them in private but unfortunately did this within hearing distance of customers.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Bill L
Also consider these accommodations in or near Shepperton
Oatlands Park Hotel
Brooklands Hotel
#1 of 4 in Weybridge
Premier Inn Sunbury - Kempton Park
Best Western The Ship Hotel

Been to Holiday Inn London-Shepperton? Share your experiences!