“Our perfect wedding day”

Holiday Inn London-Shepperton
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Shepperton
Walton, United Kingdom
“Our perfect wedding day”
Reviewed 28 April 2013

On 27th April 2013 I married the man of my dreams! 24 hours afterwards I find myself searching for ways to say Thank you to The Holiday Inn, Shepperton.
We set the date of our wedding six months ago and looked at lots of venues. We found this hotel by chance. What can I say, best wrong left turn we have ever taken!
We took a chance and 'popped' in and was met by a lady called Angela Magill. She was not fazed by our impromptu visit. She was able to show us the Hampton suite where Weddings are conducted. We were immediately impresssed. From that moment on we were sold! Not once did Angela try the 'big sell' she asked us what they could do for us and what we wanted. This after seeing so many other venues was like a breath of fresh air!
We knew this was where we wanted our reception.
We at this time had booked the local registry office to conduct the marriage. (the less said about that the better!)
From the moment we booked this hotel we knew we had made the right choice.
Every step of the way the communication was second to none! Nothing was decided without a meeting/phonecall or email.

We were invited for a taster meal to decide on the dishes for our Wedding breakfast. Perfect perfect perfect! Both meals were delicious so it made choosing tough!

The day of the wedding was approaching fast and our registry office decided to erect scaffolding around the beautiful building making it impossible to get any decent photos. We were gutted. We thought we would try our luck and see if the hotel could help us and let us marry there. NOT A PROBLEM! They rose to the challenge with only 4 weeks notice!

With two weeks to go we met Our wedding coordinator Michael Ward...... What a breath of fresh air! He is a credit to this hotel.

I made my own centre pieces and top table arrangement and we met with Michael to go through how WE wanted things to look. This guy is a creative genius! I went along with my Matron of Honour last wednesday(3 days before our big day) to do a table decoration run through. On walking into the room our 'dummy' tables were set and oh my gosh! They were breathtaking!

Now the hotel was the venue for our whole day we checked in the night before. Myself and three bridesmaids all stayed in a huge suite, and my hubby to be at stayed in a twin room with my eldest son.
From that first moment the staff of this fantastic hotel could not do enough, complementry vino in our room, order taken for breakfast. We could not have felt more relaxed and secure in the knowledge that Our wedding day was going to be perfect!

On the morning of Our wedding, breakfast was delivered and our day began.
Michael arrived dressed in his morning suit looking fabulous. So professional! He gave me updates on the days events and assured me the groom was well and all exits were covered!!!

I had a minor hiccup when painting my 6 year old daughters nails. A bride with silver nail varnish all over her wedding finger is not a good look. Micheal was onto it with nail polish remover!

like I said...... every detail looked after.

I was met at my suite and escorted to the Hampton Suite were my Groom and all our guest were waiting.
My entrance was timed perfectly, Upon the doors opening I was left speechless by how beautiful the room looked.

Everything went like clock work. Our Wedding breakfast was outstanding, all the guests have told my husband and I how fantastic the meal and service was.

We had Our evening reception and buffet start at 7pm and Dj was fantastic. Tom another asset to The Holiday Inn took over the reins from Michael and was on top form. He was everything from waiter to doorman, We could not ask for more.

After an an amazing day, we retired to the 'Honeymoon' Suite, to find champagne, crystal engraved champagne flutes and rose petals on our bed!

We felt a tinge of sadness leaving today. I have heard from EVERY guest at our wedding and they cannot praise our day, the hotel, and service highly enough!

The Spa was an added bonus and a huge hit!

Holiday Inn you have made the most important day of our lives perfect. We cannot thank you enough. We did try to find one negative but we couldn't. You have set your standards high so any future weddings if ours is anything to go by would be as perfect.

Your staff are a credit to your company, customer service at its best!

Thank you again for making our day one to remember.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Tracy K
QMHManager, Resident Manager at Holiday Inn London-Shepperton, responded to this review, 14 May 2013
Dear Tracy,

Thank you for taking the time to review your wedding day with us. I am overjoyed to read that your day went so smoothly from start to finish and you found us to be the perfect venue for your special day. I have passed on your kind words to our team as it is important the good news is shared with everyone who was involved in your day so it is clear that their hard work is appreciated. Michael was most flattered by your remarks, we were not aware of his hidden talents with nails!

We look forward to welcoming you and your husband back to the hotel in the near future and congratulations on your marriage from everyone here at the hotel.

Resident Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (109)
Reviewed 27 April 2013

Stayed here for one night during kids easter break. Location is near if you want to measure distance from Chessington World of Adventures. But after that there's nothing else around it.
Checked in at around 6pm to find that the room we are staying overnight which
cost us £150 has a tight space, no integrated/wall heating only a portable oil radiator, cranked sofa bed with no sheets and the appalling scenes in the bathroom. Check my photos of stain on the toilet seat which looked like dried urine splash and a big spider near the bin. The room smells damp. What do u expect heating is only turned on when its occupied.
I asked for room sevice, the cleaner appeared after 30 mins. And just before he finished I noticed the sink has dried gargled toothpast along the sides.

The only nice thing about it is its restaurant crew and kids eat free. Downside? Everything else.

• Stayed April 2013
QMHManager, Resident Manager at Holiday Inn London-Shepperton, responded to this review, 7 May 2013
Dear guest,

I am sorry to read that you did not enjoy your stay after finding your room to be in a less than satisfactory condition. I forwarded your comments regarding the issues you raised with our Head Housekeeper and her team. They are embarrassed by your photos and wish to be associated with my apologies. I would like to be able to restore your faith in the Holiday Inn London Shepperton and would be grateful if you would contact me either by telephone or via email ops.hishepperton@qmh-hotels.com.

I would like to apologise again for the poor standards you experienced and would like to reassure you they are not a true indication of our normal standards here at the Holiday Inn London Shepperton.

I look forward to hearing from you,

Resident Manager

Travellers are raving about these Shepperton hotels

Rochester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 April 2013

We have stayed here periodically when attending a Christian conference.

For a hotel in South West London area, close to Heathrow it is a good place to stay. Quiet, despite the nearness to the airport, near to the river, and a pleasant setting. The staff were responsive.

A few minor points: Small beds (By Holiday Inn standards), Minor service inconveniences at breakfast A bit rambling Noise from parties could be a problem (our friends had problems because they were near the lift well.) We would recommend rooms around 212 (where we stayed), as there is good view of the garden, and you are far enough away from noisy activity not to hear it.

Room Tip: We would recommend rooms around 212 (where we stayed), as there is good view of the garden, and you...
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Incartek
Dear guest,

Thank you for reviewing your stay with us.

I’m pleased to read that you enjoyed your time with us and found your room to your liking. I have taken note of your point regarding noise and will follow this up with my reception and reservation teams to ensure we allocate guests as you say away from noise and with a garden view when ever possible when we have events taking place in the hotel. I hope to welcome you back to the hotel in the near future.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 April 2013

I have had stayed here many times over the years and the hotel has got better....but a great deal more expensive than its Moat House days. The stay was great, the room service excellent but don't be fooled by the name London Shepperton, the transport links are terrible, there is no pubs/restaurants/shops within walking distance, so if you're looking for this, this place is not for you. If you want free parking, good leisure and a relaxing time give this place a crack.

• Stayed April 2013
Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us.

I’m pleased to read that as a returning customer you continue to enjoy your stays with us and find we are improving all the time. I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the future.

Shaftesbury
Reviewed 31 March 2013 via mobile

We had a warm welcome from reception which was a good start. We then went for dinner which was good food and reasonable value. On returning to the room we were advised the sofa bed was broken so we had to change rooms. No problem.
New room was adequate if not a little cramped. Bathroom ok.
Sofa bed mattress was so warn and uncomfortable that I had to strip the bed and lay the bath towels on it to make it comfortable for the children.
Our bed was a bit hard and the pillows were diabolically hard. Bed linen was poor and sparse for a 4* hotel. A few other things needed attention, only one reading light (other one only half there!)
On the whole acceptable until.........wanting nearly £30 for breakfast for 2 persons! Then trying to over charge us £30 on the bill for supper the previous night and the Internet.
Come on Holiday Inn ..... I expect better ......especially as I own shares!!!!!

• Stayed March 2013
QMHManager, Resident Manager at Holiday Inn London-Shepperton, responded to this review, 9 April 2013
Dear guest,

Thank you for reviewing your time with us.

I’m pleased to read that you enjoyed your time with us and found your room to be suitable and your meals to a high quality. Further to your comments I will personally audit our sofa beds to ensure they are in good working order. I would like to apologise for the mix-up at checkout, this was a mistake on our behalf and for that, I’m very sorry for the inconvenience it may have caused you. I hope to welcome you back to the hotel in the near future.

Gloucester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 31 March 2013

Went here because nice rural location and only 20 mins into London from nearby Walton train station,however spa had sauna out of order,then heating system really load especially between 3am and 3-30am and again at 6-30 am,was so bad gave up on 2nd night and drove home instead,also decided to have the self serve breakfast but as it openned 8am on bank holiday was told because not many eating that early there was no self serve and it would be brought out on a plate,not very good at £10 a head
Also ,it was very cold out and all that was provided on the bed was a very thin quilt,so wanted to turn heating up but if we did it was too load to sleep,i have stayed at low price hotels and they always have extra blankets in the wardrobe

Room Tip: take some ear plugs for the loud heating
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
Dear guest,

Thank you for reviewing your time with us.

I’m very disappointed to read that you did not enjoy your stay with us. We are currently undergoing a replacement of our existing system which should ensure greater guest comfort in future. I have taken all your comments into account concerning our blankets and have discussed them with housekeeping and we are in the process of purchasing some more.. I would also like to apologise for our sauna being out of order during your stay we are having this replaced in the near future. I would be happy to contact you to understand what we can do to restore your faith in the Holiday Inn London Shepperton and would be grateful if you would contact me on ops.hishepperton@qmh-hotels.com.

Shepperton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 March 2013

We had the most wonderful experience at the Holiday Inn Shepperton. Enjoyed a Mother's Day Lunch and food was fantastic and staff couldn't have been more helpful.

Thoroughly enjoyed ourselves and would happily recommend.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review your experience with us.

I am very pleased to read that you enjoyed your meal with us for Mother’s Day and found it to be fantastic as well as our team members being efficient. I hope to welcome you back to the hotel soon.

Resident Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Shepperton
The Warren Lodge Hotel
Brooklands Hotel
Brooklands Hotel
#1 of 4 in Weybridge
Premier Inn Sunbury - Kempton Park

Been to Holiday Inn London-Shepperton? Share your experiences!