“Great location”

Holiday Inn London-Shepperton
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Shepperton
Reviewed 28 August 2013

Location and cleanliness were second to none. Situated adjacent to a mariner the location allows for a quiet, relaxing get away. The gym and pool facilities were most welcome and sufficient to re-charge the families batteries after a long drive. The quality of the breakfast was very good as can be expected from a large national chain. The hotel in general was very clean, a good find, within easy access to most of the tourist attractions.

Room Tip: rooms at the rear of the hotel overlook a field that has high trees allowing for privacy and quitene...
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
QMHManager, Reception Manager at Holiday Inn London-Shepperton, responded to this reviewResponded 29 August 2013

Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us.

I am very pleased to read that you enjoyed your time with us and found everything from our gym to our meals to be of a high quality. I hope to welcome you back to the hotel very soon.

Reviewed 27 August 2013

We stayed here for two nights as part of a wedding party. Our room was clean, comfortable and the air conditioning worked. It is a large hotel but had plenty of seating areas in the bar and lounge with friendly staff in all departments. Breakfast time was a bit chaotic as tables were not being cleaned fast enough for the amount of people trying to sit down to eat, also we had to wait for more bread, eggs, glasses for juice, and teaspoons. However the food was good and there was a good choice.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear guest,

Thank you for your review.

I am very pleased to read that you enjoyed your time with is and found everything to your liking. I hope to welcome you back for another break soon.

Reviewed 24 August 2013

We're a family of 3 and we stayed here last July 2013 for 4 nights (think I paid c.£500) to visit Thorpe Park, Chessington World of Adventures, Hampton Court Palace & Flower Festival.

There's a cash machine with a fee, a phone to call a taxi, etc. The room was clean. The bed was comfy but not the sofa bed which hurt my back. There's aircon. The toilet was average & bath tub looks old. Had to ask the housekeeping to change the shower head because it was not working. The water piled up as you shower so I think drainage needs declogging.

Enough clean towels and toiletries were provided. Reception was very helpful & friendly. Breakfast area was clean and there were good selections of bread, croissants, juices, teas, cereals, fruits, yogurts, sausages, eggs, etc.

The swimming pool was great & the changing area. Only I felt awkward was when we went there an there were a group of people who jumped in to the pool without taking a shower first. There were also people who had skin problems who jumped in which I was not sure if contagious or not but of course with no offense we just gave them space & we just went back in the afternoon after the staff tested the water. No offense to other guests & please pardon me but our child was with us who never has had skin problems & I didn't want to gamble.

The area is rural-suburb so expect nothing to see except trees and houses. It's near the Marina though.

Bar's food was good too!!!

We had to leave early to catch a 6am flight & we were kindly provided with packed snacks by the receptionist (sandwiches, fruits, crisps).

Thank you for the hospitality!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
QMHManager, General Manager at Holiday Inn London-Shepperton, responded to this reviewResponded 29 August 2013

Dear guest,

Thank you for your review.

I am pleased to read that you enjoyed your time with us very much and found everything to your liking. I’m delighted you found our team members to be extremely courteous and professional – I hope to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed 21 August 2013

I was part of a group travelling to London for a theatre w/e. We hardly spent much time at the hotel so can't comment on all the facilities. Our room was small but adequate with enough sachets of tea, coffee and milk and also shower, gel, shampoo etc. Bed was comfortable and room temperature was spot on.
There was an ample selection at breakfast although the machine coffee was a bit hit and miss depending on what you selected.

All in all a nice stay and wouldnt have a problem staying here again

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank ConcernedCheshire

Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us.

I am pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and found everything to your liking. I hope to welcome you back in the future.

Reviewed 17 August 2013

Stayed here for a week for work recently. The room was ok, my main gripe was that there were no rooms with double beds only twin singles and I find it really hard to get a decent nights sleep in a single bed. Room rate I paid (which was a special rate) was £105 which included breakfast and wi-fi. The room service food was quite good and breakfast was fine providing standard fare.

The hotel is quite out of the way if you want to walk anywhere.

I used the pool which was great early morning as it was quiet. All in all the stay was fine. I would have marked it 7/10 but as I have only 5 stars to mark it, I'm going for 3 because the normal room rate for weekdays is higher than I paid

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Frag888
QMHManager, Reception Manager at Holiday Inn London-Shepperton, responded to this reviewResponded 27 August 2013

Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay.

I am sorry to read that your room was not to your preference but I am pleased you enjoyed the rest of your stay and found everything else to your liking. I hope to welcome you back in the future.

Reviewed 17 August 2013

We stayed here as part of a coach party for 4 nights. Anyone who knows me will tell you that I am fussy - hotels, food, service - I can be quite critical. I like to think that I'm fair. This hotel I couldn't really fault. The rooms were kept extremely clean. Ours (202), I admit could do with a little tlc, and the bathroom door wasn't level - but I can forgive those.
The staff were all polite, helpful and efficient.
The food (ours was a choice from a selection each evening), was hot, tasty and very good.
We didn't have time to use the gym or pool, so I can't comment on these.
The hotel is a great base for sightseeing, but a little way out if you like to walk to shops, pubs, etc.
The bar drinks were quite expensive, but comparable with other hotels.
Would I stay here again - definitely - but as a base, not for a relaxing stay in the hotel type weekend.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Justlikestravelling

Dear guest,

Thank you for reviewing your stay with us.

I am very pleased to read that you enjoyed your time with us and found everything to your liking. I hope to welcome you back very soon.

Reviewed 16 August 2013

This hotel is a typical Holiday Inn. It's basic, functional and clean. The staff were helpful. When I stayed it seemed as though it had been fairly recently refurbished and it was fine for a one night stay for business. I booked fairly late so the price was a little higher than I would normally pay for a Holiday Inn room.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank SarahA250

Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay.

I am pleased to read that you enjoyed your time with us and found our team members helpful. I hope to welcome you back to the hotel very soon.

Reception Manager

Also consider these accommodations in or near Shepperton
The Warren Lodge Hotel
#2 of 3 in Shepperton
Best Western The Ship Hotel
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Woking
Holiday Inn London-Kingston South

Been to Holiday Inn London-Shepperton? Share your experiences!