“It is what it is!”

Holiday Inn London-Shepperton
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Shepperton
Reviewed 26 September 2013

I had a 3 day training course in that area so booked a local hotel (5.7 miles) to save travelling.......in the end the roads that i had to use were awful and i didnt save much time to be honest but anyway!

The hotel is in the marina...so as your driving in there are huge lakes which im sure in the summer would be very plesent to have a walk about! The hotel has a big car park which has barriers.

Once parked you go in the back entrance which is a little walk from reception but just follow the signs. Check in was quick and easy with a few little add ons such as wifi and a free drink.

Off to my room....115....You walk past these posh looking rooms and then you get to 115 which looks normal wear and tear but so different to the ones you walk by first.
The room it self is spacious with a good tv and freeview, nice sized bath room and a desk, and a great bed! Again being an older hotel you could see it was a bit worn to be honest, but it was fine for what i needed it for and was still comfy.

The gym and spa area was lovely and quiet i found, well equipt gym but it can be used by non hotel people.

Bar was lovely and staff also were good! loads of seating, and the restruant was very posh i thought, i had the steak which was lovely bit of a wait for food but i was in no rush so. Staff again were great and smiling away.

Brekkie again was tasty and was perfect to be honest was well needed.

So overall it was a nice hotel and i would pick this hotel again. Enjoy!

Room Tip: 115 had a view of the gardens and was good enough for me!
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
QMHManager, Reception Manager at Holiday Inn London-Shepperton, responded to this reviewResponded 8 October 2013

Dear guest,

Thank you for your review.

I am very pleased to read that you found our hotel to offer everything you needed for your stay. I’m delighted that you found your room to be extremely comfortable and our meals delicious. I hope to welcome you back very soon.

Reviewed 23 September 2013

Me and My boyfriend stayed in this hotel this weekend, whilst visiting the 2 nearby theme parks.

Brilliant hotel,.helpfull staff, large car park, basic, clean, comftable rooms. We couldnt fault it!

We booked through late rooms and booked the hotel 3days in advance, paying £85 for a double room. no breakfast,
breakfast was £10each extra,

the hotel did have a pool which closed at 9pm.
and also a gym, reasturant and bar.

the room:
Room was very basic but this is as we expected, we had a tv, coffe and tea, ironing board and hairdryer,
the bed was very comftable, shower/bath was clean and working.

i cant fault the hotel!

perfect location for both parks, and only a 5minute drive away from walton on thames, which is where we went out for tea, where they have reasturants such as - giraffe, pizza express, wagamama, nandos and carluccios. Very nice area.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
QMHManager, Reception Manager at Holiday Inn London-Shepperton, responded to this reviewResponded 3 October 2013

Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us.

I am very pleased to read that your time with us was excellent and you found everything to your liking while you enjoyed the nearby theme parks. I hope to welcome you back in the near future.

Reviewed 22 September 2013

I stay in UK hotels regularly on business and I have to stay this is one of the nicest hotels I've stayed in for a long time. Speedy check in (although I did have to prompt the staff regarding securing a credit card for room charge). Easy secure parking, wonderful food with a wide range of choices. Good breakfast service, nice gym and pool. Will definitely stay again.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
QMHManager, General Manager at Holiday Inn London-Shepperton, responded to this reviewResponded 3 October 2013

Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay.

I am very pleased to read that you enjoyed our time with us and found everything to your liking from your room to our delicious meals. I hope to welcome you back soon for a relaxing break.

Reviewed 18 September 2013 via mobile

Typical of the holiday inn chain. Good location on the outskirts of London, free parking and about 5 miles from M25. Great staff with excellent service. Scenery around the hotel fantastic, although u might miss the hotel sign down felix lane. Sat Nav works though.

• Stayed: September 2013
1  Thank Anthony653
QMHManager, Reception Manager at Holiday Inn London-Shepperton, responded to this reviewResponded 19 September 2013

Dear guest,

Thank you for your review.

I am very pleased to read that your stay was comfortable and you enjoyed everything from our team members to our location. I hope to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed 12 September 2013

First thoughts were that I had booked a hotel in the middle of no where when we wanted some where local to the trains ect. to go into London.

It is right by a massive resevure and there are lots of boats, marinas about there.

5 mins drive into Walton you have all the main eateries if you wanted that Nando's Macdonald.. and it was £5 to park by the train station all day..

The food in the hotel was good, I had their mixed grill, bit expensive but all was qualily meat, food..

The service was really good too. Hotel clean, and the gym and pool were good too.

The staff are definatly trustworthy as my 7 year old took his ipad to breakfast & he put it down we had breakfast and went, when we realised that night i asked the staff if any one had found it or handed it in.. but no one had.. The day after we left, but i got a call off the manager saying they had found the ipad and they mailed it to my address.
So all in all I was greatfull for their honesty.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank crozieram

Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us.

I am very pleased to read that you thoroughly enjoyed your time with us and found everything to your liking. I’m delighted that your son’s iPad was returned to him after we found it in the restaurant and I hope to welcome you all back very soon.

Reviewed 11 September 2013

From start to finish the service I received from the events team and staff was exceptional in particular 'Dawn' who helped with planning & organisations and Micheal who co-ordinated the day. My wedding was amazing, ran smoothly and was stressfree. The food was delicious and the staff were polite, friendy & helpful.. Nothing was too much trouble for them. All rooms I saw and stayed in were clean as was the hotel and grounds. Good parking, good location and competitive prices. was nice for my children and who made good use of swimming pool.
Would highly recommend this hotel as a good venue for weddings, and to stay at too.. Fantastic.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family

Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review your wedding with us.

I am very pleased to read that your experience with us was amazing and you found everything on your big day to be wonderful. I will be sure to share your review with our events team so they can understand their hard work really made your day special. I hope you return soon for a relaxing stay and congratulations on your marriage.

Reviewed 2 September 2013

A lovely hotel in a quiet London location next to a swan sanctuary and with plenty of parking and a large grassed area .The hotel has a well equipped gym and a clean pool and spa area . The breakfast and dinners are of a high quality and at a competitive price . Sandra is exceptionally helpful in the group reservations and Pav and his team make you most welcome in the bar . I have used the hotel twice a year with groups since 2006 and thoroughly recommend it to anyone wanting to visit London , travel to Heathrow and those lucky enough to have tickets to either Wimbledon or Twickenham . Walton and Shepperton rail stations are within 10 minutes of reception .

Room Tip: All the rooms are of a good standard meaning you cannot really go wrong
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Charlie L

Dear guest,

Thank you for your feedback.

I am very pleased to read that you enjoyed your time with us and found everything to your liking. I will be sure to share your review with the team members in question. I hope to welcome you back very soon.

Reception Manager

Also consider these accommodations in or near Shepperton
The Warren Lodge Hotel
#2 of 3 in Shepperton
Best Western The Ship Hotel
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Woking
Holiday Inn London-Kingston South

Been to Holiday Inn London-Shepperton? Share your experiences!