“Club AGM at Holiday Inn, Shepperton”

Holiday Inn London-Shepperton
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Shepperton
Reviewed 20 November 2013

As organiser of my club's Annual General Meetings for very many years I have good experience of what to expect. I can say that in all respects I was very happy with the performance of this hotel and all it's staff.
I was able to book 20 bedrooms at a favourable rate, an excellent conference room, a more than adequate buffet etc. Even the projector and screen were included.
The conference room was set up for us the night before exactly as specified, was very comfortable, was free of external noise, etc.
The buffet was excellent quality as was the evening dinner.
The overnight accommodation was to normal modern standards as one expects for such events. About the only thing we might have complained about was the charge for wi-fi but they even waived this for some essential needs.
All in all a very successful event was well supported by the hotel and its staff.

Room Tip: Tell the staff what you want, eg garden view, and they will seek to please.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business

Reviewed 14 November 2013 via mobile

The hotel was fantastic. I stayed for a work function and could not have been looked after better by keen enthusiastic staff. From reception to the house keeping. The gym is well equipped and there is an events area which had a display on upcoming events the hotel has. Location is excellent. Very happy stay

Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 30 October 2013

2nd time at this hotel

The bar and restaurant food is great and very reasonably priced.

Quiet location but not far from attractions

Free car parking , nice spacious rooms and polite and friendly staff.

Ideal hotel if you are going to local theme parks , better than the airport hotels where you are woken early in the morning by people getting early morning flights.

Will stay there again .

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 13 October 2013

Stay here for business a fair bit. Rooms are a bit tired, but do the job. Food in restaurant and bar pretty good. Decent gym and pool too. One drawback is hotel is not close to a town but good pubs / restaurants are nearby.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn London-Shepperton, responded to this reviewResponded 28 October 2013

Dear Scott M,

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us your feedback. Your review is vital for improving the service and quality we offer to our valued guest. It is always hugely motivating when one takes the time and trouble to acknowledge or give points for improvement. We hope to get the opportunity of welcoming you back in the future. Thank you once again for your valuable comment, and if you might have any suggestions that will contribute to enhancing your stay, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Krysllin G.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 13 October 2013

I stayed in the hotel for a week. I have nothing negative to say about the hotel - it does exactly what it says on the tin - check-in, restaurant service, bar prices - all were as you would expect for the prices charged. However, the hotel is dated in terms of decor in certain parts - but overall clean and tidy and good customer service.

My review is an observation about the bathroom and the Wi-Fi.

The bathroom (and this is probably hotel-wide) is old fashioned. Even Hampton by Hilton now have walk-in showers which are easier to clean for housekeeping, use less water, safer for elderly/less able guests and more hygienic and no damp, smelly shower curtains or slippery baths.

I was bemused by the old fashioned way in which Wi-Fi in rooms is both charged and the price. Mindful of the price of the standard rooms, I was surprised that Wi-Fi is not included automatically - even Premier Inn include 30 mins in their pricing - but rather the hotel price starts at £5 per hour (up to £20 for 48 hrs) which I thought was very expensive. I found the way in which the time was allocated also odd: I was told that the clock starts from the moment you log-on - and includes the time when you are sleeping and unable to use the Wi-Fi. I guess the hotel has a lot of business guests who don't care as they aren't paying personally but rather charge it to their company expense account. Fortunately, Harris & Hoole in Walton High Street - a new, modern coffee shop - offers free Wi-Fi and we went there most days instead.

Room Tip: Ground Floor at the back of the hotel - overlooking the gardens. Much quieter.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 October 2013

I stayed at this hotel for a few days for business, then traveled to Germany for vacation. I left an entire drawer full of my clothes in the room after packing and leaving for airport very early in the morning. I called the hotel from Germany and talked to Mundia, the head housekeeper. She had all my clothes and offered to mail them to me in Germany. She took her free time after work to go to the post office, stand in line, and mail my clothes to me. I am so grateful for the professionalism and above and beyond customer service. I am really delayed writing this review as my trip was in June, but I am finally getting it posted!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 1 October 2013

This was not a stay at the hotel but a retirement party that I needed to be special with everything organised by the hotel staff with no worries for me or my 40+ guests. Hotel staff met with me to discuss & advise on the type of food which on the day was brilliant & enjoyed by all. There was also advice on the decoration, theme of the venue for the party that was all arranged by the hotel & organised with style by 'Michael'. During the party there was a staff member monitoring everyone was happy & dealing with all the minor needs of my guests (Tom) & he did a great job.
The party was memorable as a retirement party should be & this was because of the effort made by the hotel staff, I would love to do it again.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Mary B
QMHManager, Reception Manager at Holiday Inn London-Shepperton, responded to this reviewResponded 8 October 2013

Dear guest,

Thank you for your review.

I am very pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and found that everything was wonderful throughout your time with us. I hope to welcome you back very soon.

Kind regards,

Peter Cannon

Reception Manager

Also consider these accommodations in or near Shepperton
The Warren Lodge Hotel
#2 of 3 in Shepperton
Best Western The Ship Hotel
Holiday Inn London-Kingston South
Premier Inn Sunbury - Kempton Park

Been to Holiday Inn London-Shepperton? Share your experiences!