“Fantastic stay in good location!”

Holiday Inn London-Shepperton
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Shepperton
Reviewed 31 May 2014

I stayed at the holiday inn with my husband over the May bank holiday weekend. We had booked a package through Thorpe Park and wasn't disappointed! After a looonnngg drive, we checked in quickly and I went to the swimming pool and my husband went to the bar area to watch the football! Nice pool and steam room, very helpful staff (remember to take a £1 coin for the lockers) and relaxing jacuzzi.
The room was perfect for our needs, and had all the facilities you'd expect from a holiday inn. Very comfy bed and plenty of sockets for chargers etc. The bathroom was nice and clean.
We ate in the bar after deciding we would just have burger and chips. Was delicious and exceeded our expectations. Excellent staff, all friendly.
Breakfast the next morning was fantastic...hot buffet but no rushing and the morning staff were equally as good. Really quick to clear up dirty plates and cutlery off the table!
Overall a perfect place to stay if you're going to thorpe park...only 6 miles away and very easy to get to.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 28 May 2014

Having been to many holiday inns I was just expecting the normal type of hotel when I booked this as a stop over for our visit to Thorpe park? When we pulled up I thought we had come to the wrong place! this hotel was in a lovely location! near a marina and it was very big with a pool. Took a while to find reception as it was so big and we went in through the wrong door but the man on reception was lovely and friendly and very helpful. We decided to eat in the restaurant which was lovely and excellent food albeit a little pricey.
The rooms were clean and tidy, we had a quad which was all set up. Didn't have any coffee and bits but rang down and they bought them straight up. Big tv in the room, but to be honest after a day at Thorpe park and a big meal we all just crashed out! Beds very comfy. We had a room on the ground floor.
All in all a very nice place to stay, breakfast was included and this was a buffet style breakfast which was nice and fresh. Bit strange that people came in off the street and paid for coffee and were wandering about, but they didn't bother us.
Would we return? Yes and I would recommend it, especially for Thorpe park as only a ten minute drive away, although do take a sat nav as it is quite complicated!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 15 May 2014

As a business traveller I have few key requirements from a hotel stay: quiet room (tick), polite and courteous staff (tick), decent breakfast (meh) and a good working shower (COMPLETE FAIL).

Shower: My room was on the 3rd floor and the cold water pressure was a choice of dangerously lava hot or dribbly freezing cold. I don't know whether this was just my room (I reported it) or a more general problem, but it meant I was not able to take a shower, and had to (very slowly) run a bath which made my 30 mins late in my schedule.

Breakfast: decent range of food, but coagulated and over-cooked scrambled eggs... none of the hot food felt like it had been particularly freshly prepared.

On the positives, staff were pleasant and communal areas are nicely done. Location is leafy and secluded.

Overall, Holiday Inns are my chosen brand as a Priority Club member and (having had much better stays in HI Express hotels) this stay weakened my faith in this brand.

Room Tip: Check cold water pressure if put on a high floor and ask for an alternative if poor.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn London-Shepperton, responded to this reviewResponded 2 June 2014

Dear Bob M,

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. I appreciate that you are a member of our IHG Rewards Club and has always preferred our Holiday Inn brand. We take pride in our staff and are happy you found them highly commendable.

I am sorry to hear though that you were not able to fully enjoy your stay because of some aspects that were not able to live up to your expectations. I have noted your comments regarding the quality of breakfast and the condition of the shower. We certainly appreciate that you have brought this to our attention and apologize for the inconvenience caused. I have shared your feedback with our management team for the purpose of bringing improvements needed.

I hope we have a chance to hosting you again.

Best regards,

Faith R
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 6 May 2014 via mobile

As a platinum ihg rewards member I received a very good service from the Front desk supervisor Ms Alex. I only returned to stay at the hotel because of her excellent service so Thank you very much. I also found all the male front office staff very helpful. I like the location of the hotel, tucked away a short drive from Weybridge. Fortunately I received an upgrade to the executive rooms. I saw one of the standard rooms and wasn't too keen on them. The executive rooms have a complimentary mini bar with water and kit kat chocolate. Selection of tv channels is rather limited so if you're planning to have a night in watching tv you might struggle. Bed was okay and fairly comfortable. I was very grateful to receive complimentary breakfast due to my platinum ihg status Thanks to Ms Alex the supervisor. The breakfast staff were simply awful not welcoming at all and service non existent. Not once in three days was I offered tea or coffee upon arrival nor greeted by a simple good morning gobsmacked. I suggest you take your breakfast team to Hilton Heathrow terminal 4 and you'll see the difference in service. This was my biggest surprise and observation to see how poorly they performed at breakfast. I also think they use tinned oranges because they were horrible. I did like the warm croissant. I stay in lots of hotels and this breakfast was the worst I've had even worse than Hilton docklands. Housekeeping staff were helpful and cheerful always assisting promptly and with a smile. Used the gym but once again the beefed up reception staff didn't even bother greeting arriving guests. It doesn't matter nor do I complain just an observation. The high speed wifi in the room was good and reliable had no issues at all. Plenty of free parking during all times of the day which was good.

• Stayed: May 2014
1  Thank DAEHANMINGUG
Peter C, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn London-Shepperton, responded to this reviewResponded 11 May 2014

Dear Daehanmingug

Thank you so much for taking the time to review your recent stay at Holiday Inn London Shepperton.

Firstly i would like to apologies for the service recieved in the restaurant and Leisure area. We pride ourselves here on the highest levels of customer service and i would like to assure you that this is not our usual standard. I have shared your comments regarding breakfast with the Restaurant Manager and he is taking steps to improve all aspects immediately.

I do however note that you were happy with the service recieved from the team on the front desk which is very pleasing to me personally and Alex was very greatful when i showed her your review.

I do hope that your stay was not impacted too badly by the negative aspects and that enjoyed it overall and we hope to do much better next time you stay.

Kindest Reagards

Reviewed 6 May 2014

We went here over the bank holiday weekend, it was in a lovely location, quiet, right by the marina, we booked here because it was close to Thorpe park, and not far from Richmond, and London centre, it was perfect.
Staff all friendly, all said morning, really helpful, room clean, big tv, all you can ask for really.
Ignore bad reviews. As our experience was great, and I have stayed in many 4 and 5 stars.

I didn't use the pool ect, so couldn't comment on this!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Roya J

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at Holiday Inn London Shepperton - I am delighted that you enjoyed all aspects of your stay and will share your kind comments with the rest of the team during our weekly meeting.

Once again many thanks and I hope to be able to welcome you back next time you are in the area.

Yours Sincerely

Reviewed 3 May 2014 via mobile

Rooms are small and run-down. Aircon very noisy and a tranformer was humming all time. The gym is tiny and very crowded at evening time because its not only for hotel guests.
Shops or other restaurants are 2.5 km away.
Not recommendable.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business

Dear World2visit

Thanks your for your review of our services here at Holiday Inn Shepperton. I am truly sorry that the hotel didnt live up to your expectations in terms of location and state of repair. We run a continuous program of maintenance and if you would be so kind as to contact me directly via email. I would love to get some more details from you so that we may try and improve the standards where they might have slipped on this occasion.

Kind regards

email : rm.hishepperton@qmh-hotels.com

Reviewed 1 May 2014

Easy check in, Great staff, Clean and Quiet Room, Comfortable Bed, Great Location being quiet and a little tucked away but central for my needs. Room Service efficient but the food was poor quality for the price and in comparison to similar hotels locally. Overall a good place to stay - thank you !!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business

Dear Rupertpon

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel via tripadvisor. I am pleased that you found the service levels to be high and you enjoyed your stay overall. I am disappointed however that we didnt manage to impress you with our room service which is normally of the highest quality. I do hope this didnt ruin your stay and we look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

Kindest regards

Peter - Reception Manager

Also consider these accommodations in or near Shepperton
The Warren Lodge Hotel
#2 of 3 in Shepperton
Best Western The Ship Hotel
Premier Inn Sunbury - Kempton Park
Holiday Inn London-Kingston South

Been to Holiday Inn London-Shepperton? Share your experiences!