“First visit to the Goat”

The Goat Stonehouse Pizza & Carvery
Ranked #21 of 27 Restaurants in Shepperton
Price range: US$9 - US$15
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Reservations
Description: We are proud to be the first Stonehouse Pizza & Carvery in Surrey. Serving delicious Freshly prepared Carvery roasts & hand spun Pizza's made using our fresh, daily made dough, we would love to see you soon. Working in the local area, or dropping off the kids at school, we open for Breakfast 7 days a week at 8am, with our unlimited Breakfast buffet just £4.49
Sunbury, United Kingdom
“First visit to the Goat”
Reviewed 9 December 2013

Never been to this particular restaurant before but decided to give it a try this evening. The place is very clean and the tables spaced not too close to each other, which is good. I was disappointed that a nut roast was not on the carvery menu as a vegetarian option but, saying that, the meal was good. I was told that, because I wasn't having any meat, my meal would be cheaper but, because I had a starter, I was charged the full price of the meat carvery. I felt this should have been explained a bit better in the first instance. We did have a bit of a wait for our food but I will visit again as there is quite a nice atmosphere and the staff were friendly.

• Visited December 2013

london
“Good food”
Reviewed 7 December 2013 via mobile

We went to the Goat for a meal tonight .they were very busy.we were given a table which was booked for 4people at 7.30pm and we got there at 6.20. We were served our drinks and then went to get our meats at the food counter .the veg was plentiful and hot. The only thing was we had a Long time before our puddings were on our table. Apart from that all was well and the service was very good.the place is very clean and warm.We would go again.

Visited December 2013
Feltham, United Kingdom
“Disappointed”
Reviewed 5 December 2013

Came here for a quick meal in the middle of the week & we ate from the menu rather than the carvery as we have had that before. The meal was ok, hot & what we ordered. We decided to treat ourselves to dessert, we had to ask someone to take our order, no-one had bothered to come over to us to clear our plates away & ask us if everything was ok, then we had to wait 30 minutes for them to bring the desserts out & that was after we asked how long they were going to be.
While we were waiting we heard the barmaid who was by herself ask if she could have a break, the manager who was sat drinking coffee said no, he then disappeared & came back about 15 mins later smelling of smoke. The barmaid had to leave the bar unattended to go to the stockroom while it was busy. Then we had the entertainment of the restaurant staff shouting to the barstaff for drinks.
The customer service really could be improved upon & the manager really could do with going back to basics & learning that if he isn't willing to do certain things then why should his staff!

• Visited November 2013
Shepperton, United Kingdom
“A good Carvery if you catch it right.”
Reviewed 11 November 2013 via mobile

We visited the goat twice in October . The first time they had just put a huge selection of fresh vegetables out and the meat was also freshly cooked. All presented well and a good selection of sauces to choose from. The second time was a Sunday which was a lot busier but obviously the selection was less because it was busy. But still good, hot and enough to choose from. Will I go again? Yes but probably skip Sunday and opt for less busier mid week...

• Visited October 2013
Staines, United Kingdom
“Average and a tad overpriced!”
Reviewed 20 October 2013

I thought The Goat had gone downhill since our last visit, which admittedly was a couple of years ago. We went for the carvery, which at £10.45 a head I think is a bit overpriced for what you get. The meat on offer was turkey and gammon, both ok though a bit fatty and the portion size was enough for me. The veggies however were very dry and overcooked. All in all, a very average meal. We mentioned to the manager on the way out that the standards appeared to have dropped, but he wasn't really interested. Such a shame as the pub surroundings are lovely, but I don't think we will be back.

• Visited October 2013