“Gorgeous food and fantastic service”
Review of Castello Restaurant - CLOSED

Castello Restaurant
Price range: US$14 - US$35
Cuisines: Italian, Mediterranean
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Description: This restaurant is now closed.
Reviewed 6 August 2014

Walked in with no booking on a Sunday evening. The restaurant was very quiet and had choice of table. Service was quick and efficient. Food was gorgeous, arguably the carbonara was the best I've ever had, and apparently the pizza was delicious. By time we left the restaurant had begun to fill. Friendly atmosphere, would definitely go back if I was in area.

4  Thank Em1stuk
david c, Owner at Castello Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 13 August 2014

Thank you for your comments, and we are pleased to know that you enjoyed the food and the service was very efficient. We hope that you will visit again next time you are in the area.

Reviewed 30 July 2014

I have actually been using this restaurant since January 2013, but have been delinquent in writing a review. My colleagues an I visit Castellos' frequently and will continue to do so for the foreseeable future. The food is excellent as is the family who own the establishment, there is always a warm and friendly welcome upon arrival and an un-faulting willingness to provide a good service,
My colleagues and I have also used Castello for numerous business dinners. I certainly recommend this restaurant to all.

2  Thank James J
Reviewed 28 July 2014

The food is excellent.The staff absolutely lovely and willing to oblige at all times.The value is undeniable fantastic.Good size portions always.Atmosphere is very calm and relaxed.One of the best restaurants I have eaten in...

2  Thank Automatic63
Reviewed 28 July 2014

This restaurant was like a great prices Prezzo. The staff were really friendly and kind. Food was amazing, drinks were priced very well and the bill was just right!

1  Thank Hugh D
Reviewed 26 July 2014

Came here for the very first time this evening with my wife to celebrate our first year Wedding Anniversary, we've passed it a few times before and it always looked lovely from the outside. I rang up to book a table a few days before and was impressed by the service just over the phone, Having arrived this evening, we were quite impressed, not only were the staff really friendly and welcoming but the interior was really nice, really liked the picture of Dean Martin with John Wayne, very cool.We were shown to a booth table which surprised us further as it had a few decorations on it for our Anniversary, lovely touch outdone only by the food which considering I'm quite picky about my Italian food really impressed me, I loved the Castello Mussels which went down a treat, and a few drops of the sauce on my shirt (only noticed later lol) but my main was rather tasty too, I settled for an Irish Coffee at the end simply because by that time I was stuffed altho I did pinch a little of my wife's cheesecake! The wine selection was good and my wife loved her glass of Rose, All in all a highly enjoyable evening in a place we will definetly be coming back to, forget Zizzi's or Prezzo's this is far better, Oh and the price of the meal was pretty good too, great evening!

2  Thank DaveWebber78