“Grubby”

Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Shepperton
North Yorkshire, United Kingdom
“Grubby”
Reviewed 3 June 2012 via mobile

We stayed here for one night and I wouldn't have wanted to stay for any more! From the outside the hotel is quaint in a picturesque square in Old Shepperton. It's a shame the inside didn't live up to the outside...

We had a family room with a double bed and a single. The room was in the garden block with a pleasant view although I didn't see any other rooms to compare ours to. The carpet in the room was filthy. The bathroom had several cracked tiles and holes and was generally run down. The door to the room banged every time someone opened a door outside. The pillows were terrible and the beds were cheap and nasty. Shabby just sums up the room.

The breakfast was ok. The dining room was cramped and the tables were tiny. The food however was fine. None of the staff seemed very professional or friendly.

Upon check out we weren't asked if we enjoyed our stay - the receptionist seemed more interested in getting herself a cup of tea. I was handed my bill and then she turned away. I left with a very poor overall impression of the place. We won't be back, nor can we recommend it.

• Stayed June 2012
sheppertongm, General Manager at The Warren Lodge Hotel, responded to this review, 15 June 2012
Firstly I would like to thank you for taking the time to pass on your comments to us. I take guest comments very seriously and am most concerned to learn about the disappointment you experienced.
I would like to offer my sincere apologies to you.

I have taken a look at the family room within in the Garden block and I was unable to find any cracked tiles on the wall or the floor of this room. This particular bathroom was refurbished less than 5 months ago.
I will however be speaking to my maintenance manager regarding your comments about the bedroom door.

I am very sorry that you did not feel that the staff were friendly or professional. We usually get very nice reviews with regards to the staff here and I can only apologise that on this occasion if you did not feel that this was the case.

I would very much like the opportunity to restore your faith in us here at the Warren Lodge Hotel and would welcome the chance to discuss your recent experience in more detail.
Please feel free to contact me directly at the hotel on 01932 242972 or email warrengm@desboroughhotels.com

I hope the Team and I can welcome you back to the Warren Lodge Hotel Shepperton

Tel 01932 242972 Ext 249

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (173)
Twickenham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 May 2012

Our wedding was fantastic! Our Events Manager and all the staff were so helpful from booking through to the day. We couldn't have hoped for better. The food was great, the staff were helpful and friendly, everything was well priced, overall a fantastic time had by all!

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Lucie B
sheppertongm, General Manager at The Warren Lodge Hotel, responded to this review, 7 June 2012
Thank you for choosing Warren Lodge Hotel, Shepperton. I am pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay with us, and I have passed your comments onto all the Team here.

We hope to welcome you back to the Hotel at some point soon.

Kind Regards

Colnbrook, null, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 May 2012

Can't speak highly enough of the hotel,Location and especially all the staff at this hotel.Booked for our wedding reception and I stayed the night before,Room was perfect was looked after and treated as royalty,
Staff took care of everything,Food was excellant and hot,(Been to many a wedding and by the time the food arrives is cold) perfect service was amazing and will return to have a meal at a later date

Room Tip: We had the club room with views of the river,But all guests did advise their rooms were perfect.
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
sheppertongm, General Manager at The Warren Lodge Hotel, responded to this review, 14 June 2012
Thank you, so much for your great review. It is so rewarding for me and my Team when we receive such good feed back.

The Warren Lodge prides itself on its weddings, my team and I really enjoying doing them as every wedding is special to us. Its makes it all so worthwhile when we get such posotive feedback.

Since my arrival at the Warren Lodge Hotel, I have concentrated my efforts on training and ensuring that our customers are looked after to ensure all are guests want to return back to the Warren Lodge.

As after all without are customer were would we be.

So again I would like to thank you for your kind comments and I hope my team and I can welcome you back to the warren lodge sometime very soon.

Tel 01932 242972 ext 249
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 May 2012

The wife an I were wondering where to go in Shepperton to make a change from the usual places. We decided on The Warren Lodge for a 3 course meal. Glad we did as the food was very good, as were the staff. We'll definitely be returning some time soon.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time for posting this review. I am delighted you had a great meal with us at theWarren Lodge Hotel. We pride ourselves on our excellent and friendly service and our freshly prepared food.

I do hope the Team and I can welcome you back to the Warren Lodge Hotel.

tel: 01932 242972
London
Reviewed 24 April 2012

Good value hotel, in a nice setting.
Stayed one night for a friends birthday party. Rooms clean, with satellite television. Basic but at the price point nothing to complain about. Breakfast was included. Cooked breakfast was very good. plenty of options, full english, smoked kippers continental.
Location wise by the river was nice and old shepperton is picturesque with a couple of pubs close at hand and a couple of retaraunts. Shepperton itself is about a 15 minute walk if that, with access to more amenitites

Tip:
Old Shepperton was built before cars existed. There is very little room, to manouvre so if you are planning to turn up in a 4x4 or a big saloon you will struggle with the narrow street and tight turning circles getting into the hotel car park

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Andy_TLondon
Thank you so much for your very kind review
I do hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back to The Warren Lodge Hotel

Regards

warrengm@desboroughhotels.com
Tracy, CA
Reviewed 22 April 2012

Warren lodge was ok. It was a cozy place, almost like a hostel. not sure I would recommend it with the family (the ambience is fine for the family but room size wont be), at least the room I had was very small. The people were ok and helpful. Not for a business traveller. I saw a lot of couples. So if you are on a budget and are 2 people or less, this is fine.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank TracyFamilyGuy
Bath, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 April 2012

A warm welcome to a friendly and pleasant hotel.

A decent room, clean and well appointed with nice views over looking the garden and water beyond. I have stayed here a number of times in various rooms of different prices - all have the same high standards of cleanliness.

The food quality was high; fresh and tasty. Breakfast was cooked to order and considering the large number of guests, the chef coped very well.

The only downside is the parking. Only a small number of spaces and I think you would struggle to park during the summer due to its close location to the water. Regrettably arriving at 2000hrs I had to find a residential street.

All that said, the fact that customer service is a focal point at the Warren means that I will be returning in the future.

• Stayed January 2012
1 Thank TeamWithers

We hope to welcome you back to the Hotel at some point soon.

Kind Regards

Tel 01932 242972
Also consider these accommodations in or near Shepperton
The Anchor Hotel
#3 of 4 in Chertsey
Brooklands Hotel
Brooklands Hotel
#1 of 4 in Weybridge

Been to The Warren Lodge Hotel? Share your experiences!