“Party for 2 family member's birthdays!”

The Warren Lodge Hotel
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Shepperton
Milton Keynes, England, United Kingdom
“Party for 2 family member's birthdays!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 August 2013

We stayed overnight following a joint family birthday at the end of July. We travelled down with my 3 children, their spouses and children on the day of the party. I was rather apprehensive after reading some negative reviews about the rooms. I had booked a club room with a river view a few months earlier, but on ringing to check my confirmation a few days before, I was told that the room might not be available if a guest in that room decided to extend their stay,. A bit worrying, but luckily it didn't happen. The car park is rather small and we were lucky enough to get the last place. Reception were very pleasant, and our club room (no. 20) was beautiful. A large room with a huge bed, small bathroom and a balcony view of the river. The balustrade on the balcony definitely wouldn't pass Health and Safety as we had to ban my small grandchildren from going anywhere near it as the gaps were lethal, but as it was not intended as a family room, the onus for their safety was on us. Fans were provided in all our rooms which was a godsend as the weather was so warm. The party was perfect, we sat outside all evening, there was a BBQ, plenty of well-cooked food, lovely salads etc. The whole thing was perfect.
Yes there are probably some issues with some rooms, but it is an old building. We found no fault with cleanliness, the suspended ceiling in our bathroom was scary, as if the wind blew one of the ceiling tiles would slowly rise!! Seeing this in the reflection of the mirror in the middle of the night was a bit spooky.
Breakfast was excellent. I had smoked haddock and poached eggs which was cooked to perfection, and the staff were brilliant considering we had 5 children aged 8, 3 x 3yrs olds and a 1yr old with us.
Two of my family had rooms on the top floor, overlooking the car park and patio which was probably not ideal but they were happy enough. My son and family had a garden room which they were happy with.
All in all it was a great introduction for the children into the hotel experience and we all came away with smiles!! What more could you ask for.

Room Tip: Club room 20 is definitely one to ask for.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Karen A
sheppertongm, General Manager at The Warren Lodge Hotel, responded to this review, 28 August 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to write are view. It is so rewarding for me and my team when we receive such good feedback.
I am sorry to hear that you were worried when you called to confirm your room. If a guest had chosen to extend their stay, it should not have affected you being allocated a Club room with a River view.
It may simply have affected a particular room number requested.
I am pleased to hear that you found Reception pleasant and that you enjoyed your room. I have to agree the view from room 20 is fabulous.
I have taken on board your comments regarding the balustrade, as although it is not a Family room and has locks on the patio doors, I will look into whether the gaps can be made more secure.
I am pleased you enjoyed your breakfast, we are so lucky to have such a great breakfast chef, who takes pride in her cooking and yes her poached eggs are the best, the secret is white vinegar and a pinch of salt!

I am also pleased to hear that enjoyed the BBQ. The hotel prides itself on hosting events, my team and I really enjoying doing them, as every event is special to us. It makes it all so worthwhile when we receive complimentary guest reviews.
The Hotel has recently won an award from Trip advisor, due to all the positive reviews that we have received and for being number 1 in the Shepperton area for over a year now and earning 4 stars
so I would like to thank you again for your review and hope to see you again at The Warren Lodge Hotel.

Hotel Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (165)
Bridgnorth, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 August 2013

Stayed for two nights, in this lovely old Hotel by the river Thames. I am originally from Shepperton 25 years ago and was glad to have seen that the Hotel had not changed much. The service was great, the breakfast superb with a wide choice of food. Only minor criticisms are: The bar is some what limited but there are other venues close by and the bathroom in the room was a bit "tired" other than that a superb stay.

Room Tip: rooms 30 and 31 have a riverside patio
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review. It is so rewarding for the team and myself when we receive such good feedback.

I am pleased to hear that you and that you found the service to be great and that you enjoyed the breakfast, this is something we pride ourselves on

The Hotel has recently won an award from Trip advisor, due to all the positive reviews that we have received and for being number 1 in the Shepperton area for over a year now,
so I would like to thank you again for your review and hope to see you again at The Warren Lodge Hotel again.

Leeds, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 August 2013

a very good hotel in a pleasant setting on the banks of the Thames. All the staff were excellent, Ryan,Ben and the "General" Malcolm who runs a "steady ship". The rooms were of a very good standard. The meals were excellent, the chicken and ham was fantastic. Overall i would recommend this hotel as an excellent place to stay. ( best wishes to Jennifer on her return to Canada).

Room Tip: the rooms over looking the river are excellent.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
I am pleased to hear that you found the staff excellent. I will pass on your comments to Ben and Malcolm.

I am also pleased to hear that you thought that the rooms were of a good standard and that you enjoyed the food.

London, UK
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 August 2013

My other half and I live in Shepperton and eat out a couple of times a week but for some reason The Warren Lodge had been off our radar,

With the fantastic weather we had been experiencing we wanted to eat/drink outside and decided that the tried and tested Thames Court would be rammed so ventured into Church Square. Couldn't have been more pleased as we secured a table on the outside terrace.

We've actually been there 3 times in the past 2 months but only ate on the last occasion so the review is based on that.

As said setting is great, staff lovely so only negatives were that there are bedrooms facing the terrace ( positive if you are staying there) and occupant behind us opened his patio doors but had tv on full volume which rather distracted from the tranquil setting.

I had duck confit which was reasonably priced but had a sort of reheated taste to it so bit underwhelmed. Other half had the burger which was fine.

I want to love this place but still holding back judgement on the food.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
sheppertongm, General Manager at The Warren Lodge Hotel, responded to this review, 3 September 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review.
I am pleased to hear that you have discovered our hotel. It seems a lot of local people don’t realise that we have such a fabulous location on the river Thames.
With regards to the bedrooms situated on the terrace, this does not normally affect people eating outside, so I apologise if this distracted the setting for you.
Regarding the duck, it is marinated before we cook it, but we do not re heat it. The majority of our food is freshly cooked on the premises.

so I would like to thank you again for your review and hope that you will dine again at The Warren Lodge Hotel again.

Sheffield, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 August 2013 via mobile

Pulling into the village square in old Shepperton the surrounding were lovely. Village feel and backing onto the Thames we were optimistic that the accomdation would reflect the initial impression of the area. Unfortunately the room had more of a feeling of Motel, than Hotel. Our room was in the annex, on ground floor sandwiched between with a view of he hotel car park, well the 6/7 spaces that are classed as the hotel car park and quite impossible to utilise once more tan 4 cars were parked there and a public parking area. Not the best start!!!

The oom was neutral, had a bath as requested which was a plus not totally sole less. The bedroom curtains consisted of a ill fitting roman blind tat didn't fill the window, a net curtain and a pair of curtain that were there for effect, not to act as curtains as they didn't fully draw.

On arrival you had the added benefit that you could ,lay in bed and watch the car park as as the curtain didn't cover the edge of the window either. It became apparent later that te curtain track was actually broken and with a bit of sliding we managed regain some privacy in the room.

Later when having a bath 3 hairs were noticed stuck to the tiles, and we can assure you they didn't belong to us. An attempt had clearly been made to lean the tiles as you coukd see the smere marks.

One of the brackets holding up the bathroom mirror was broken and the toilet roll holder was only found when you removed the hand towel from the towel ring to find it hiding underneath. Having said that only Mr Tickle would have been able to reach it, and you for goodness sake puts the doormat with a raised brass strip outside your bathroom door, so that you cach you foot on it everytime you go in and out of the bathroom !!!!!

The bed was however, very comfy, albeit the room was a little on the warm side and it hadn't even been that hot on the day we stayed.

Checking out, we were almost charged incorrectly for a meal in the restaurant that we never had, as we'd we'd walked to to rather nice Italian in the village and enjoyed our dinner there.

All in all a very disappointing hotel and £79 lighter in wallets.

Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
I would like to thank you for taking the time to pass on your comments to me. I take guest feedback very seriously and am most concerned to learn that you were disappointed with some aspects of your stay.
I would therefore like to offer my sincere apologies to you.

Regarding your comments about the bedroom, the blind track has since been repaired and the blind has been replaced. I have also spoken to the Head Housekeeper about the hairs you found in the bathroom.
I am very sorry and assure you that this is not our usual standard. As you will see in many of the other reviews on this site we often get comments regarding the cleanliness of the hotel,
I am pleased so say that room 24, that you stayed in, has been totally re painted including the bathroom.
I am also very sorry to hear that a restaurant meal was added to your room bill, but understand that it was deducted prior to payment.

Staines, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 August 2013

We held our Wedding Reception at the Warren Lodge Hotel and many of our family stayed the previous night too. The service we received was fantastic and was commented on by many of our guests. Ryan and Malcolm couldn't have done more for us and really ensured that our special day ran smoothly throughout. I would highly recommend this hotel - it's views and outside area was stunning, but it was the helpfulness of the staff that added that little bit extra. Thank you for contributing to the best day of our lives.

Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a great review. It is so rewarding for myself and my team when we receive such good feedback.

The Warren Lodge prides itself on its weddings, we really enjoying doing them, as every wedding is special to us.
Its makes it all so worthwhile when we get such positive feedback about our service.

So again, I would like to thank you for your kind comments and I hope my team and I can welcome you back to The Warren Lodge Hotel sometime very soon.

Philly
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 July 2013

To make a very long story short, the hotel had overbooked and as the reservations office is only open from 9-5 on weekdays, we could not get any answers as we were staying 3 weekend nights. We were a group of 10. The 2 married couples were assigned a cottage usually used for long lettings. For 3 nights we had to share one key, of the 3 double rooms in the cottage only one was ensuite, making it very incomfortable for the other couple. The ensuite room had the boiler for the house in one closet and cleaning supplies and various other bits and pieces in the other
2 closets. This was a far cry from the Club Double that we had booked promising river views, sparkling water, fruit tray, morning newspaper, terry robes, etc. Coffee and tea were available in the kitchen, only one kettle, not very conducive to tea before getting dressed. In the other 6 rooms one of the guests found a room service tray left, who knows from how long, and we are not going to talk about the lack of parking and the noise from the pub, hotel banquet room, etc. The relief manager, Ben, did go out of his way to try and improve our situation for us and upon check out, the hotel manager Ryan, did compensate us a bit, however, the damage had been done and we were disappointed that our tour started on such a sour note.

Room Tip: Unless you are a family, do not take Ye Olde Cottage, if they have overbooked the hotel.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
sheppertongm, General Manager at The Warren Lodge Hotel, responded to this review, 31 July 2013
I would therefore like to offer my sincere apologies to you. I have also taken this up with my reservations department, who are now going to be working on Saturday mornings during the busier periods.

With regards one of your guests finding a room service tray, I have spoken to the Head Housekeeper as this is not acceptable and is not our usual standard. As you will see in many of the other reviews on this site we often get comments regarding the cleanliness of the hotel, so I do apologise for this oversight. I am however pleased to hear that Ben went out of his way to improve the situation for you. I understand that you were offered complementary drinks and I did reduce the rate for you on check out. I do also hope that you will take up on my offer of a complementary upgrade on your next visit.
I do hope that we can restore your faith in the Warren Lodge Hotel on a future stay.

Many thanks

Hotel Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Shepperton
The Anchor Hotel
Brooklands Hotel
Brooklands Hotel
#1 of 4 in Weybridge
4.5 of 5 bubbles 2,478 reviews

Been to The Warren Lodge Hotel? Share your experiences!