“new years eve”

Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Shepperton
Feltham, United Kingdom
“new years eve”
Reviewed 5 January 2014

very good hotel great food staff freindly & helpful first rate despite the rain, good service no pool ,
no fitness centre which we knew there wasnt & despite the rain & floods they all coped superbly one niggle i'd like a room over looking the river next time please

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
sheppertongm, General Manager at The Warren Lodge Hotel, responded to this review, 24 February 2014
Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review.

I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed the food and found the staff to be helpful and friendly.
I am also pleased to hear that you thought we coped well despite the rain and floods.

Rooms overlooking the river are obviously popular, but it is always worth requesting when
booking. We try when allocating rooms to take guests requests into account whenever possible.

I look forward to welcoming you back to The Warren Lodge Hotel again soon.

Hotel Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (165)
Shepperton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 January 2014

Having had a couple of lovely lunches here, I decided to give it a try for the office christmas meal which I had to organise.

They were fantastic from my first enquiry, right through to checking everything went ok post-event. Alison made the booking/menu choice process straightforward and also ensured the evening was well organised, right down to producing individual place setting namecards which included people's menu choices picked in advance and any specific dietary requirements to assist the waiting staff. There were 13 of us in total and we were given our own area in The Coach House where the table was laid up with festive decorations, crackers, party hats and party poppers. The service was great and everyone enjoyed their three-course meal followed by coffee, mince pies and chocolates.

After the meal we indulged in the normal festive silliness of secret Santa, prize giving for best-dressed etc. and despite having been there for over 4 hours, at no point did we feel under pressure to leave (and I know the room we were in is also used for breakfast service so would have required a complete turnaround as soon as we'd gone).

I have organised many office christmas meals over the years and the average price range per person is £25-£30 and this has invariably come with very little fanfare and a slow service due to the number of other parties having their meals at the same time. By contrast The Warren Lodge provided a lovely evening for only £19.95 per person and I am grateful to Alison and the rest of the team for making it happen. I will definitely be returning to The Warren Lodge in the future!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a lovely review. It is very rewarding for myself and my team when we receive such good feedback.
I am so pleased to hear that you were impressed with the booking process, especially the service provided by Alison.
I am also pleased to hear that you had good service on the night and that all your guests enjoyed their meals.
I look forward to welcoming you back to The Warren Lodge Hotel again soon.

Twickenham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 January 2014

We spent New Years Eve at this Hotel, The Hotel itself is very nice, the bedroom was a bit small
(but we was advised of this before booking) but fully suffient for the one night with tea/coffee facilities etc .
Our evening started off with Champagne/Canapies (plenty of champagne as well) , followed by a four course meal which was absolutely fantastic, now this is the only bad thing i have to say about the hotel, after the meal we was moved into the Garden Room for a disco but this
room was too small for the amount of people there and we were lucky to get the last table.
The stafff are a credit to the hotel, very friendly and nothing was too much trouble. Will
def go back for the food.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review.

I am so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your meal on New Year’s Eve and that you thought the staff were a credit to the hotel.
I am sorry to hear however that you thought the Garden room was too small for the amount of guests but pleased that you were
able to get a table.

I do hope that we can welcome you back to The Warren Lodge Hotel in the future.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 January 2014

Decided to spend New years Eve hear as a party of four. From beginning to end the staff were the most attentive and polite I have ever come across and went out of their way to provide a fab night. Our room was basic but adequate and although our radiator not working the staff were quick to bring us a heater. The location is fab and our room overlooked the church opposite which was very pretty.Although I would recommend this hotel for a stay I probably wouldn't return for a NYE party as the venue was too small and seemed to be catering for an older clientele. However I would like to thank the fabulous staff for their hospitality!!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank MeK63
Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a good review.

I am so pleased to hear that you found the staff to be attentive and polite. I am also pleased to hear that you enjoyed the location.

I am however sorry to hear that you may not return for NYE, but perhaps you could return for an alternative event.
It is very good to know that you feel you can recommend us and I do hope that we can welcome you back to The Warren Lodge Hotel in the future.

Brighton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 December 2013

Stayed at the Warren recently and would thoroughly recommend this delightful hotel. We were spoilt by the staff to the point that when we mentioned we had forgot toothpaste, Alison the manager nxt morning with a tube of toothpaste she bought on route to the hotel .
Breakfast was excellent, great hotel with panoramic views of the river and its surrounds frm our bedroom.
I thoroughly recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: ask for the river side view
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a good review.

I am so pleased to hear that you found the hotel to be delightful and enjoyed the view from your room.
I am also very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your breakfast and found the service good, especially appreciating
Alison bringing you toothpaste!

It is very good to know that you feel you can recommend us and I do hope that we can welcome you back to The Warren Lodge Hotel sometime very soon.

Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 19 November 2013

To be so close in to London, this place feels like you are in the country.
The location is good, and if you get a room with a view, it is very nice. However some of the rooms are a little tired, they try to look good but feel a little 'old english'.
Nice staff, good basic English breakfast.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review.

I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed the location. I agree that when you are in Church Square, it is hard to imagine that we are so close to M25 and M3.
I am sorry to hear that you have found some of the rooms small a little tired. We are currently working our way round the hotel painting bedrooms in order to improve this.
However, I am pleased to hear that you have found the staff to be nice and enjoy the breakfast served.

Worcester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 November 2013

First visit. Booked a double room as had been told singles are very small. Room OK but not vast. Rather basic and tired in my view. Central heating turned off on radiator and when asked reception advised that it doesn't come on until 6pm. Left on while out for dinner and only slightly warmer on my return. Woke early as heating again off and didn't come on until 6am. Tried to warm up by taking a hot shower but heating controls would not go any higher so had a luke warm shower.
Breakfast was very good. Excellent service and good hot food with wide cold selection if required.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review.

I am so sorry to hear that there were problems with the heating during your stay.
Currently the heating is on from 3:00 pm – 11:00 pm and 5:00 am – 11:00 am,
so this problem should now be rectified.

However, I am pleased to hear that you thought breakfast was good and that you
found the service to be excellent.
I hope that we can welcome you back to The Warren Lodge Hotel again.

Hotel Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Shepperton
The Anchor Hotel
#3 of 4 in Chertsey
Brooklands Hotel
Brooklands Hotel
#1 of 4 in Weybridge

Been to The Warren Lodge Hotel? Share your experiences!