“Lovely place to stay”

Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Shepperton
Munich, Germany
“Lovely place to stay”
Reviewed 23 March 2014

This hotel would be a great choice for anyone looking for a friendly place to stay that has a bit of character.

What surprised me the most about my stay here was how lovely and quiet it was here, great to be able to wake in the morning to the sound of birdsong, unexpected for London. Lovely location generally: right on the water, with the feel of a village rather than a big city.

I only ate once in the restaurant in the evening, good hearty food, well prepared and tasty. English breakfast cooked to order in the mornings which is a nice touch.

I stayed on business which worked fine, but somehow this felt more like the kind of hotel you would like to find while staying privately.

The high street in Shepperton is an easy walk from the hotel with a dozen or so restaurants and the usual shops you might need while on a visit.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank adriannzde
sheppertongm, General Manager at The Warren Lodge Hotel, responded to this review, 16 April 2014
Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a good review. It is very rewarding for myself and my team when we receive such good feedback.

I am particularly pleased to hear that you were impressed with the service provided by the staff, enjoyed the location and your meals.

Thank you again and I look forward to welcoming you back to The Warren Lodge Hotel soon.

Hotel Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (176)
Norwich, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 March 2014

Stayed in one of the coach house rooms which was perfectly fine, albeit the bathroom was a little tired. The staff were very friendly and the bar stayed open as long we wanted it to. The parking is a problem and I had to park about half a mile away. The breakfast was of a very high standard though. Overall it made a welcome change from a chain hotel.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a good review. It is really rewarding for the team and myself when we receive such good feedback.

I am pleased to hear that you were impressed by the staff and found them to be always cheerful.

The hotel has a lot of character and my team and I work hard to ensure our guests are well looked after, as afterall without our guests, we would not be here.

I would like to thank you again for your review and look forward to seeing you again at The Warren Lodge Hotel.

Sheffield, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 March 2014

Lovely little hotel with clean rooms and good food. Breakfast was of a high standard and the parking on site was ample. The decor was slightly dated but it almost added to the charm of the building. By far the best part of my stay were the staff! I was feeling unwell and they could not do enough to help me including tracking down a hot water bottle. Great for a reasonably priced overnight stay. Little village was charming too :)

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Nicole L

I am pleased to hear that you were impressed by the staff and found them to be always cheerful & helpful

Wallasey, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 March 2014

Stayed here a few times on business, beautiful in the Summer, even more so with the bars in Ye Olde square next to the hotel (like Chester, but down South!!). Quirky littly hotel, have waited for what felt like days to check out before, but it never really bothers you here as the place is so full of charm. Food has improved dramatically in the last 2 years. Ablutions are sporadic, the shower normally cycles from cold to hot temperature, and fast to slow water flow, during the same shower, without you actually having to turn any knobs or push any buttons! Magic! Top floor attic rooms in the Summer normally heat themselves to hotter temperatures than those found on the surface of the sun. One plug in fan is, quite frankly, not going to work.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
Omagh, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 February 2014

Stayed for one night in the hotel on a business trip. Didn't have an evening meal, but breakfast was very nice, freshly cooked, good selection. Reception staff organised a taxi for my trip in the morning. Left a mobile phone charger behind - rang the hotel and they were good enough to post it to me - not often this would happen in some larger hotels. Thoroughly recommended.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
sheppertongm, General Manager at The Warren Lodge Hotel, responded to this review, 24 February 2014
Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a good review. It is very rewarding for the team and myself when we receive such good feedback.

I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your breakfast and that you received your mobile phone charger.
The Hotel has recently won an award from Trip advisor, due to all the positive reviews that we have received and for being number 1 in the Shepperton area for over a year,
so I would like to thank you again for your review and do hope to see you again at The Warren Lodge Hotel again soon.

London
Reviewed 23 February 2014

Warren Lodge is a traditionally quaint old fashioned English hotel, a wee bit tired in places (threadbare carpets on the stairs), dated rooms and quirky to use showers! However the location is stunning and the staff are brilliant, very friendly and happy to help.

We stayed here a couple of years back and was not overly impressed with the food and service but this has now been properly addressed and we can vouch to say the issues we experienced in the past were no longer evident during this latest stay.

It is a little difficult to rate this hotel, facility wise, comfort etc etc it should really be a 3 (or possibly a 2 from 5) but the staff the hotel's star quality and for them I think it deserves a 4.

Whilst we wouldn't say this is a must visit hotel we can say that if you need to be in this area then it is a good choice, we will be sure to return next time we are at the races.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a nice review. It is really rewarding for the team and myself when we receive such good feedback.

I am very pleased to hear that you were impressed by the staff and found them to be helpful. I am also pleased to hear that you enjoyed your meals in the hotel.
We pride ourselves on providing good service and on serving homemade freshly cooked food. I also appreciate that you have noticed an improvement
since your previous stay with us as we have worked hard the past few years at improving standards and consistently of service.

Regarding the carpet, we have just installed new carpet in the Reception, Lounge Bar and Restaurant.
We are now looking into replacing some bedroom and corridor carpets later this year.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 February 2014

My wife and I stayed for one night in a club room. Lovely patio doors lead straight out onto a patio overlooking the river. The room was large and although a little dated was very comfortable and home from home. We are in the restaurant which was superb. my calves liver was cooked perfectly and my wife had the home made chicken and leek pie. The service was real old school. Perfect. Always there without being in your face. The food and wine was also very good value. The hotel was having problems with the ever rising river, having to move people from some rooms but it never became a problem. Really good customer service rarely seen in hotels anymore. Breakfast was also very good and freshly cooked. Would really recommend this hotel.

• Stayed February 2014
1 Thank Victor39

It is very good also to hear that despite the disruption with the flooding it didn’t alter the service standards that you received.

Hotel Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Shepperton
The Anchor Hotel
#1 of 4 in Weybridge
The Bridge Hotel
The Bridge Hotel
#3 of 4 in Chertsey

Been to The Warren Lodge Hotel? Share your experiences!