“A beautiful location.”

Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Shepperton
Sydney, Australia
“A beautiful location.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 August 2014

My wife and I stayed at this hotel for 9 nights in June 2014. We had stayed there before. This hotel is in a perfect location. Close enough to Heathrow Airport and adjacent to a beautiful part of the Thames river. The staff were most helpful and the breakfasts first class. The surrounding areas - Shepperton Lock; Thames paths - are great for walks and there are a number of excellent pubs and restaurants within minutes walk. Very reasonably priced and highly recommended.
John - Australia

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank John D
sheppertongm, General Manager at The Warren Lodge Hotel, responded to this review, 29 August 2014
Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a good review. It is very rewarding for myself and my team when we receive such good feedback.

We do always try to exceed our guests’ expectations and they will be happy to know their efforts have been recognised.

Thank you again and I look forward to welcoming you back to The Warren Lodge Hotel soon.

Hotel Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (165)
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 August 2014

I have stayed at this hotel many times. It is in a lovely location facing the village square. It has lovely gardens and sitting area outside. The staff are always very helpful. On my most recent visit my laptop charger broke and I needed another so that I could work in my room, the staff were very helpful and directed me to the nearest place where I could get a replacement. The helpfulness and friendliness of the staff makes the hotel a pleasure to visit. This coupled with the lovely location makes it the hotel of choice for me in the London area. Also, there are a few nice restaurants in close walking distance.

Room Tip: Rooms with a balcony facing the river Thames are particularly nice, lovely river views and peaceful...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Kevin T
sheppertongm, General Manager at The Warren Lodge Hotel, responded to this review, 20 August 2014

Feltham
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 August 2014

Held my wedding reception earlier this year had planned wedding for two years there was a fire just before our wedding day which meant had to have wedding breakfast in sister hotel the anchor which I was quite nervous and upset about without sounding like a bridezilla I'd had my heart set on warren lodge for everything but due to fire it was out of my hands when day came I stayed the night before in hotel with two of my bridesmaids the staff were amazing all my fears washed away on the day of the wedding they made everything run like clockwork I had a magical day the food was fantastic staff were brilliant everyone said what a fantastic venue we were over the moon would thoroughly recommend this venue as a fantastic place to stay thank you to all wonderful staff for making our wedding day the best ever xx

• Stayed June 2014
1 Thank 8908928ew
sheppertongm, General Manager at The Warren Lodge Hotel, responded to this review, 18 August 2014
Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a great review. It is so rewarding for myself and my team when we receive such good feedback.

I am pleased you enjoyed your food at the Hotels, and that your day went well

The Warren Lodge prides itself on its weddings, we really enjoying doing them, as every wedding is special to us.
Its makes it all so worthwhile when we get such positive feedback about our service.

The Hotel has recently won an award from Trip advisor, due to all the positive reviews that we have received and for being number 1 in the Shepperton area for over a year this is the second year in a row we have one this award, so I would like to thank you again for your review and do hope to see you again at The Warren Lodge Hotel again soon.

.Many thanks

Aldershot
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2014 via mobile

Stayed the nightlast weekend as my nephew had his Wedding Reception here.
Cannot fault the staff who were friendly, and professional throughout the afternoon/evening.The setting overlooking the Thames was beautiful.
My room was well appointed and comfortable ( room 5 ).The breakfast delicious and plentiful! Highly recommend

Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
sheppertongm, General Manager at The Warren Lodge Hotel, responded to this review, 29 July 2014

We do always try to exceed our guests’ expectations and they will be happy to know their efforts have been recognised, I am also please to read that you enjoyed your breakfast and that you enjoyed your nephews wedding held at the Hotel

with regards to the bedrooms in the new year we will be upgrading most of the bathrooms as well as the bedrooms.

2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2014

Me and my girlfriend booked a weekend get away to Warren Lodge (Friday 25th and 26th). We arrived for check in and had to paid for both nights stay upfront. The staff were fairly uninterested in us from the start.

We went to our room and unpacked, the room clean, presentable and had a nice view of the Thames; but was fairly hot, only a small faulty fan was provided and there was mould in the bathroom. So we arranged the sliding glass windows for ventilation but so they prevented any rain getting in. We then headed out into town to explore and eventually get dinner.

After eating and going for a few drink, we came back to our room. My girlfriend went to lay on the bed and noticed a nest of insects in one corner of the room. I went to reception to see if i could have this sorted out but they were indifferent, so i requested another room for the night, but was told i had to be out of it in the morning. This room had a broken shower fitting and blocked plug hole, though the fan was decent in this room.

We left this room in the morning and went to reception to sort it out, the receptionist spoke to us like we were children and did not seem to understand that the insects did not come in through the window (they did however make me notice that the room was lacking a net in front of the windows. We requested a different room and were given it.

We had a terrible night sleep as the heat was unbearable, thanks to another tiny desk fan.

Parking was very difficult and i struggled to get a space, food was really unimpressive and we had not been emailed to tell us that the Hotel kitchen was closed.

When it came to leave, the receptionist was abrupt with me and simply handed me a receipt with no interest, whereas others checking out were treated warmly.

Overall i felt we were treated as 2nd place to the wedding parties that were there both nights and would have slept better in my car than in the rooms. Would not recommend Warren Lodge to anyone.

Room Tip: Bath in the Thames, sleep in your car.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
I would like to thank you for taking the time to pass on your comments to me. I take guest feedback very seriously and am most concerned to learn that you were disappointed with some aspects of your stay.

I would therefore like to offer my sincere apologies to you.

with regarding your comments about the bedroom and bathroom firstly I would like to apologise with regards to your comment I am however pleased to read that your rooms was clean and that you also liked the view from the room, being close to the river we do sometimes get insects and I do apologise for this,

I am pleased that we offered you another room but again i am sorry that you did not sleep well that evening, all rooms are supplied with fans we would of been happy to supply another one if you had called down, but as you mentioned it was a very hot weekend and the evenings where also hot,

I can assure you that this is not our usual standard. As you will see in many of the other reviews on this site we often get comments regarding the cleanliness of the hotel,

I am shocked that you thought the staff to be uninterested in you as you will see in reviews above yours and below yours staff always get mentioned for their great service and this is something that we are very proud of, so I am sorry if you felt this was not the case.

The Hotel has recently won an award from Trip advisor, due to all the positive reviews that we have received and for being number 1 in the Shepperton area for over 2 years this is the second year in a row we have one this award.
Cwmbran, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 July 2014

We stayed here for one night only and the views of the river were fantastic! We were made very welcome by Megan and Martha and her team had the room prepared superbly.
Although the kitchen was closed we had a wonderful breakfast in The Anchor Hotel on the opposite side of the square.
Thank you,we will certainly be back.
Pat and Ken, South Wales.

Room Tip: Try to get a room overlooking the river, you won't be disappointed.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Ken J

We do always try to exceed our guests’ expectations and they will be happy to know their efforts have been recognised, I have passed this onto Megan and Martha

Walton-On-Thames, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 July 2014

From the very beginning of planning the wedding, right through to the end of the reception, the staff couldn't have done more for us. It was not what I would call a traditional wedding, as we had a buffet and BBQ, with lots of decorations, but this did not phase the staff at all, they catered for all our wishes without hesitation. It turned out to be a hot day, especially for the bar staff inside, but they always served with a smile, and there was enough staff on, so no-one waited long for a drink!
The buffet was spot on, and the BBQ cooked to perfection. There was always a member of staff available on the night for any questions, and they were discreet in their presence.Many of us stayed the night, and nobody had any complaints about the rooms, all ours were clean and tidy, but you have to accept it dates back to 17th century, so you may hear people walking above, it just adds to the charm.We also went to the Anchor hotel for our breakfast, it's 20 seconds walk opposite, no roads to cross, and the breakfast was great, plus, it's only temporary.

Room Tip: Ask if any events are being held { like our wedding }, if so, take a room at the front, although ext...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank malcolm s
sheppertongm, General Manager at The Warren Lodge Hotel, responded to this review, 24 July 2014

I am particularly pleased to hear that you were impressed with the service provided by the staff, enjoyed the food, the staff work hard to ensure that the guests are looked after,

Hotel Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Shepperton
The Anchor Hotel
Brooklands Hotel
Brooklands Hotel
#1 of 4 in Weybridge
4.5 of 5 bubbles 2,478 reviews

Been to The Warren Lodge Hotel? Share your experiences!