“very nice”

Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Shepperton
Rhondda, United Kingdom
“very nice”
Reviewed 7 October 2010

good riverside location, is near a few pubs an deating places.
breakfast is nicely cooked, but get there early before the croissants disappear
our room was clean and comfy
staff were fine

• Stayed October 2010, travelled as a couple
sheppertongm, General Manager at The Warren Lodge Hotel, responded to this review, 16 October 2010
Thank you, so much for your great review. It is so rewarding for me and my Team when we receive such good feed back.

With Regards to your comment regarding the croissants I will ensure that we have plenty made up so know one goes without.

Since my arrival at the Warren Lodge Hotel, I have concentrated my efforts on training and ensuring that our customers are looked after to ensure all are guests want to return back to the Warren Lodge.

As after all without are customer were would we be.

So again I would like to thank you for your kind comments and I hope my team and I can welcome you back to the warren lodge sometime very soon.

Shepperton TW17 9JZ
Telephone: 01932 242972 ext 249

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (165)
london
Reviewed 24 September 2010

Let me first say that the location is stunning - next to the river, a pretty party of the village etc. The staff were very friendly, so there was no problem there.
Considering the hotel claims that rooms have been refurbished, they were obviously done "on the cheap" and with absolutely no imagination whatsoever - carpet was tired, beds felt old and as if they had a brief overhaul (a double was 2 singles pushed together!) and as for the furniture, they could have gone to even Ikea to get something at least tasteful ! The TV was perched so high you had to crank your neck to watch it and it reminded me of a hospital bed Tv on an arm type, higher than your head. Only nice item in the room was probably the curtains. Bathroom was clean, but again the towels were limp, felt old and tatty and the shower gel provided was so small it would just about cover a mouse, let alone an adult. Furthermore, our room was next some kind of generator which gave an intermittent droning motor sound, throughout our stay. It was so annoying that i used earplugs in the end. The corridors were similar - red, gawdy carpet, walls needing a facelift, the list was endless. I can't believe that there is a massive cost attached to making something look tasteful, or is it the designers they used here??
Car parking facilities were sound and restaraunts around this location not bad either.
Would I stay here again, probaly not. For a wedding venue, it would appear satisfactory tho the conservatory room again lacked any imagination and all you could sww was a floral, tired design everywhere within it.
In summary, a few quid, spent in the right direction could sort this place out.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled with friends
1 Thank londonconnexion
Reviewed 15 September 2010

I stayed at The Warren Lodge over the summer while visiting friends and family in the area. It was great. Our room was a good size, clean and over looking the river. Plus was fairly priced. The food was outstanding. The staff were friendly and helpful especially Paul who did everything from Reception to the Bar & Restaurant, sorting out any problems you had no matter what they were or how late at night it was he also had an incredible wealth of local/general knowledge. The only down side was the weather! And having to meet the in laws. But there's nothing the hotel could do about that.

• Stayed August 2010
1 Thank Hammersmith123

Tel 01932 242972 ext 249
Southampton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 September 2010

We stayed as a family group using 5 rooms . I was concerned that the hotel would not be very nice as we came on a very good offer. What a lovely sirprise!! The terrace on the river was lovely , the square picturesque and quite a reasonable walk to shepperton lock. The staff were very helpful and only too happy to serve us outside , even though trying to prepare for a wedding. We had breakfast , lunch and dinner ,each meal was really very nice. Super buffet breakfast !!The bathrooms are dated and in need of refurbishment but clean. My daughters room was very hot in the main hotel , but all were very acceptable. There was a certain amount of noise due to a wedding in the hotel , but I imagine that would be the same wherever
you stay.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank smiths29
sheppertongm, General Manager at The Warren Lodge Hotel, responded to this review, 15 September 2010

Shepperton TW17 9JZ
Telephone: 01932 242972 ext 249
Devon, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 September 2010

We stayed for 2 nights at Warren Lodge ( Thursday and Friday) to attend a family wedding and found it to be a very comfortable hotel with extremely attentive staff. We had originally booked a river view room but on arrival this was not available. The reception staff were very apologetic and offered us a standard room for the first night and a free upgrade to a Club room on the second night - moving all our items for us whilst at the wedding ceremony.
The wedding reception and lunch were very good - the only criticism being that they squashed too many people into the dining area. The additional evening reception also had a very good buffet and the bar staff were on duty into the early hours of the morning.
All in all a lovely riverside setting for a wedding reception or private party.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled as a couple
Firstly we would like to thank you for taking the time to pass on your comments to us. We take guest comments very seriously I was very happy to read that you enjoyed the wedding party you attended here. The hotel does pride itself on its weddings it does as I am sure you will agree we have a lovely setting here.

With regards to the mix up with the rooms firstly please accept my apologise this should not have happened I have passed on your comments to our reservations department to ensure this does not happen again.

The main part of my role here is to ensure that the team are focused with a “Can-do” attitude and to ensure standards are always kept to the highest level. I carry out training of this nature to ensure that my Team is focused on delivering this consistently. After-all without our guests we wouldn’t be here. My weekly Management meeting this week will include discussing your review.

I hope the Team and I can welcome you back to the Warren Lodge Hotel Shepperton

If I can be of any other assistance please do not hesitate to contact me directly at the Hotel

Telephone: 01932 242972 ext: 249
Lowestoft, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 August 2010

checked in on the 9th of aug for one night . we were given room 4 . the room is tiny and there was thick dust everywhere. the bathroom had mold growing on the ceiling , grout was missing on the tiles and the shower curtain was filthy. i went to reception and said i would be embarrseed to send anyone to room 4 . i asked the manager to inspect the room and on her return she agreed that it was unacceptable . she offered to move us to a different room but as we were only there for one night we said that we would stay in the room and they cold give us complimentary breakfast instead .

• Stayed August 2010, travelled as a couple
sheppertongm, General Manager at The Warren Lodge Hotel, responded to this review, 27 August 2010
Firstly we would like to thank you for taking the time to pass on your comments to us. We take guest comments very seriously and we are most concerned to learn about the disappointment you experienced with us, and would like to offer our sincere apologies to you.

With regards to the cleanliness of your room I have passed on your comments onto my Head housekeeper and we will be holding a department meeting to go trough your comments and to carry out further training with the Team.

I have spoken to my Maintenance team and we will be taking this room off market to correct the issues in this room,

Kind Reagrds

Shepperton, Church Square
TW17 9JZ

Telephone 01932242972 ext 249
kings lynn
Reviewed 17 August 2010

Stayed at this hotel after there sister hotel the anchor double booked are room this was supposed to be an upgrade to compensate for this, we did'nt arrive untill late evening so cant coment on the surrondings we stayed in room num 2 which smelt of drains on entering the room was small which was'nt a problem but there was cobwebs in most corners and on the walls in the bathroom my first job was to remove two large spiders from the celing also someone had left the window open maybe to try and remove the smell thus leting the rain soak the floor by the bed on going to the toilet in the night one of the tiles from the floor came up and got stuck to the bottom of my foot,outside the locals where drinking under our window till midnight and my wife did'nt get to sleep untill 1.00pm due to guests in the other room on there mobile phone talking loudly,as for breakfast in the morning luke warm food apart from the sausage after rushing through this we then checked out the receptionist was friendly and apoligised though stated that she could offer no refund as it was a discounted booking,this may be true but it seems these days in places that cheapnees seems to be an excuse for places getting away with these type of things all in all we would never stay there again and would not recomend this to anyone.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled as a couple
sheppertongm, Manager at The Warren Lodge Hotel, responded to this review, 18 August 2010

I have spoken to my Head Housekeeper with regards to your comments.

With regards to the smell I have to be honest and say that I can not smell anything I have even had my Deputy Manager with me and we can not smell anything, but I have taken the room off market to do further investigations.

Telephone 01932 242975 ext 249
Also consider these accommodations in or near Shepperton
The Anchor Hotel
#3 of 4 in Chertsey
Brooklands Hotel
Brooklands Hotel
#1 of 4 in Weybridge

Been to The Warren Lodge Hotel? Share your experiences!