“Never Again!”

and 1 more site!
The Anchor Hotel
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Shepperton
Reviewed 31 December 2013

We live in France, & booked this Hotel online because it is near Weybridge where our Son & Daughter-in-Law live. We could not stay with them as they had only just moved house & had a new baby.

We arrived early evening, tired after delays flying to Stansted & volume of traffic on M25 roadworks.

There was nowhere to park & we had to wait 30 mins for a space.
Our room was cramped & too small for 2 people, stains on the chair & carpet..

After our evening meal at another restaurant, we looked forward to a good night's sleep.
Some hope, the loud music began at 9.30pm below our room & carried on until midnight, followed by car doors slamming & people leaving.

We complained the following morning.
We stayed 3 nights. The first breakfast was not hot enough. The water for the tea lukewarm in flasks. The yoghurt I picked was 4 days out of date!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Susan G
There are newer reviews for The Anchor Hotel

Reviewed 26 December 2013

The anchor
We had Christmas lunch as a family here in a private room (Oliver Room) which was spacious enough for 17 adults and 7 children. The children had a separate table. The tables were beautifully set out with silver top hats for the men and tiaras for the ladies. The meal which was pre-chosen was delivered with great cheerfulness by the staff and the lemon sorbet between the starter (mine was kipper pate yummy) and the main course was a. Ice touch although most of the children didn't like as it was quite tart but all of the grown ups enjoyed it.

The main meal was delivered hot which is a definite bonus when there are so many people, there were several parties in the hotel, and was lovely and the pudding I had which was panacotta was absolutely delicious.

Father Christmas made an appearance with presents for the children all with their names on and he was a very good Father Christmas too! Unfortunately the youngest member, my granddaughter aged three, had fallen asleep in the corner so missed him but still got her present.

I was worried because the older children were running around a bit but the staff seemed to be fine with it. Some bread rolls turned up between the starter and the main on the children's table. Two of them had been and bought some crisps so I think the staff put the rolls there to stave off hunger pangs.

All in all a very good choice of venue by my dil and a very enjoyable day with excellent service from the staff.

It is true parking is difficult but there is a pay and display car park just a short walk away although I probably wouldn't leave my car there overnight as it is a bit isolated.

My thanks go to the staff of the hotel who worked so hard and made our day really enjoyable.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 19 December 2013

I stayed here for the night, very friendly staff, clean hotel.
A good price. Clean, comfortable room. Plenty of hot water. Tea and coffee making facilities
Great view. Excellent breakfast, I would definitely return.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 December 2013

We stopped off today for a light snack only to find all you could have was a full meal, so we decided on two nachos. What can I say, but this had to be the smallest and worst tasting nachos we have ever experienced. Made twice as bad when you consider £5.75 each. The cheese was bland and very sparse, guacamole tasted as if it had been previously frozen and the salsa tasted of tomato puree with onions and large chunks of peppers added as a last thought. The waitress who delivered the food did not offer any serviettes so we had to remove some from another near by table, the table was not checked during our lunch nor when the table was cleared, the plates were just removed without a word being spoken by her. Such a shame as the Lady behind the bar was excellent. Unless things change I will not return.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 22 October 2013

This is a beautiful place to have something to eat , and as being a pub landlord myself I am hard to please. The food was excellent and the prices very reasonable and the service from sam was second to none.I was watching from the table she does the work of two people and shame my staff are not the same.Its a thumbs up from me Overall a very good place to eat and drink.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 October 2013 via mobile

Stayed in this quaint hotel, for a family party. The rooms were a little tierd but very clean.The service was exceptional, nothing seemed to be too much for the manager. Bundles of atmosphere and quality hospitality. We will be going back, seems the manager has plans for a refurb! This is one to try if in the area! :-))

Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank pachapink
Reviewed 14 October 2013

Attended a private function here recently. Staff very obliging, function area very comfortable and finger buffet very good and plentiful. Parking can sometimes be difficult but we had no problem on this occasion. Not sure what costs were but would recommend it as a venue.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Shepperton
The Warren Lodge Hotel
The Bridge Hotel
#4 of 4 in Chertsey
Holiday Inn London-Shepperton
Travelodge Chertsey Hotel

Been to The Anchor Hotel? Share your experiences!