“Perfect, home from home.”
Review of Bushy Park Lodge

Bushy Park Lodge
and 1 more site!
Bushy Park Lodge
Reviewed 2 January 2014

Although the traffic was rather noisy, it did quiet down but cannot be helped given the location!

The apartment had everything you needed, and more! Little touches like cereal for in the morning, tea and short bread were lovely..
My boyfriend and I had a bit of a nightmare night out in London for NYE! But were relieved to get back to the apartment to rest, nice and warm, cosy!
Relaxed and chilled out, leisurely getting ready in the morning and with the Christmas films on tv. Staying here gave the New Year a good start!
The owner is very accommodating and I shall certainly consider using Bushy Lodge again when staying in London.

Miss Holliday ;-)

• Stayed: December 2013
1  Thank MissH0lliday
bushyparkloge, Manager at Bushy Park Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 28 January 2014

Thank you for your lovely review. We are pleased that you were able to relax and have a 'lie in', after your eventful NYE in London. Everyone mentions how cosy that room is! We look forward to seeing you again when next in the area.

Reviewed 13 November 2013

Great as a crash pad, but the traffic noise was far too loud most of he time I stayed. The studio apartment I had on the front of the building was a reasonable size and ideal for simply crashing over for one night; but not big enough to self cater and dine for two. The heat (even in Sept with the heaters off) was unbearable and exacerbated because I couldn't open the windows due to the road noise! The accommodation is equi distant between Kingston and Teddington - so a good walk either way to the amenities.

Room Tip: Don't get a room on the front on the g/floor if you're a light sleeper
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 4 April 2013

Stayed for one night in March, all ok for us, clean cooking facility suitable, comfortable warm with adequate heating, easy access, entry system by text code worked well for us. quiet.Will stay again.

Room Tip: We stayed in room 4 very nice.
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank 449AnthonyS449
Reviewed 19 October 2012

We stayed here in June when my daughter was getting married. She came to get ready before her big day and it was perfect. Nice big room with a kitchen attached, really comfy bed and nice modern bathroom with loads of hot water and the best bit that we weren't expecting... a courtyard garden! This is so rare in London and for the price blooming amazing!

Can't thank the owner enough... how nice for my daughter to have a champagne breakfast and hot shower, loads of space to put on her gorgeous wedding gown and space for her limo to pull up and pick her up!

Don't know why anyone is saying stuff about the main road... it is London! if you don't want road noise, stay in the countryside!

We will always book to stay here in future.

Room Tip: Go for the one with the courtyard garden!
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank lorcie
Reviewed 3 July 2012

Myself and my girlfriend stayed here at the end of May when England played Barbarians at Twickenham.

Check-in is not until 2pm but we called ahead and were allowed to park our car before this time as we needed to arrive earlier for the rugby. We did eventually check-in at around 5.30pm. The owner of the apartments sends entry details through a text message and the key is in the door when you arrive.

My girlfriend and I were lucky enough to be in room number 4 which we were sure was a family room because it's very spacious with a double bed and sofa bed, kitchenette and even a small outside patio with garden chairs. The weather was very hot on our visit so we sat outside and enjoyed a couple of cold beers whilst listening to sounds of rural London.

As I said, our room (4) was spacious, spotless and very comfortable. I even fell asleep on the couch but that was probably a few too many beers in the sun.

At the end of the day, the main reason we decided to stay here was because of its close proximity to Twickenham stadium. There are loads of bus stops nearby which will take you directly to Twickenham or wherever you want to go around the area. Bushy Park itself is just over the road and is beautiful, especially when the sun is shining.

We will definitely be back next year and hopefully in the same room.

Room Tip: Enquire about getting room number 4 when you book, it's a real treat for just two people.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Sean W
Reviewed 26 June 2012

This place is a decent find and good value for money. Wifi signal strong, bed comfy enough, seperate bathroom and kitchenette. Only complaints is sleep quality is not fantastic due to being next to a relatively busy road (ok, its London so difficult to get away from) but no double glazing means the traffic is loud, I am one for a good strong shower and the flow from the shower was very weak. The place is general is clean but could do witha more thorough hoover.

Would stay again but only if a couple of other places I like more locally are fully booked.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the road
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 18 May 2012

I've been staying here for a night a week for almost a year now.

I've also stayed in most of the rooms on offer. In my opinion BPL provides excellent value for money. The rooms are very competitively priced for London, believe me I'v estayed in this area a lot!

More than that actually, the rooms are all a good size and I love the fact that there is a small kitchen, very well equipped, which includes a fridge and microwave. The wi-fi is also a real bonus - it works better thna most four or five star hotels that I have stayed in. Shower rooms are fine with good showers - no shampoo but I prefer my own in any case. Always plenty of clean towels. The beds are all comfortable.

One thing to highlight is that the rooms I have stayed in are all spotlessly clean - and I am pretty fussy!

The road facing rooms can be noisy, but to put this in context, this is in London - every hotel I've stayed in has noise issues.

So, I would recommed Bushey Park Lodge; good value, clean and very comfortable.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the road if noise worries you
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business