“So So”

Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Teddington
London, United Kingdom
“So So”
Reviewed 15 August 2013

What you see on the outside - the internet pictures and the bar/restaurant - does not really match up with what you get once you are up in your room. The room itself in the main part of the hotel was average, the bathroom made up for a slightly shabby main room. It was hot when I stayed and there is no air-con however the hotel had provided a small portable fan. Unfortunately this fan made such a racket when switched on that it became all but useless. Breakfast was not fully ready to go at the time they advertised and service was a little slow and confused. The whole experience was OK but entirely average.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
Liza R, General Manager at The Park Hotel, responded to this review, 19 August 2013
Dear Vadid,

Thank you for taking time to post your comments on trip advisor regarding your recent stay with us. We have started upgrading our bedrooms in the main house this week. Im sure if you return to the Park you will see a difference with these rooms.

You have my absolute assurance that I have addressed your comments regarding breakfast service, my sincere apologies if this caused you any inconvenience.

Resident Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (88)
Cambridge, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 August 2013

I stay at the park hotel regularly, since I am a guest scientist to a nearby research institution. My last stay (duration 4 nights) prompted me to write this review.

First of all, I need to tell you that my views on this hotel are totally based on my experience and treatment by their staff. They are not money related, as I don't pay for hotel for my business trips. I am usually happy with a half decent service, since the rooms are already paid for. However...

Besides the usual slow Wifi connection, no air con (roasting in the summer!), greasy breakfast. This time I felt that the staff was inconsistent and, sometimes, rude to me.

Complaint 1: The cleaning staff forgot to leave me the face towel, I called up reception to get a towel. The receptionist (called Grosia) answered my request with 'I will need to check with this' I was puzzled- checking what? I have no towel, I need the staff to bring one for me, what is there to check? Then I waited for 15 minutes in my room, No one came. I called the reception again, this time a man answered. He said sorry, he was't aware of this request and brought up my towel immediately.

So Gorsia ignored my call! I intended to let the manager know about my experience, but failed to find his/her email address. If the management is reading this, can you make the email address for manager/complaints public please? I did not intend to write this to the public here, but given I don't know the manager email, I have to vent out my bad experiences here.

Complaint 2: I had paid for a Double room, I want to know why my towels and cups are laid out for single person only? Even if I am staying there alone, I think leaving 2 glasses/ mugs isn't too much trouble? One evening, the cleaning staff didn't even bother to leave me a new glass.

I felt that my stay could be much better, but the staff has ruined it for me this time. After reading the trip advisor reviews, I found that the Travelodge next road down has got higher recommendations than this 3 star hotel. It begs the question why? I hope the management will read this. Gives us some feedback and improvement. It is a shame to let a nice hotel to be filled with bad reviews because the staff don't care enough to provide a courteous service.

By the way. I have stopped eating breakfast at your hotel (even though they had been paid for! They were about £10 per day extra on top of room cost). After they got my order wrong the second day, I had just given up on the restaurant. I want to stay in a place which makes me happy, I don't like fighting with the staff over a towel or a breakfast item. It is exhausting and waste of my time.

This trip was a disappointment. Unless dramatic improvement happen to this hotel, I don't want to stay there again.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled solo
Dear Hollyyyyy,

Thank you for taking time to post your comments on trip advisor. I am extremely disappointed that on this occasion we have not met your expectations. I have been through all your comments regarding your stay with the team. This is far removed from our normal standards of service.

My business cards are always on display at reception, and we always have a Duty Manager in the building at all times to answer any questions and assist you any way we can throughout your stay.

I would hope that you will return to the Park Hotel in the not too distant future and would ask that you contact me directly by emailing me Liza.reynolds@galleonhotels.com so that I can personally take care of you reservation and requirements.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Resident Manager

Travellers are raving about these Teddington hotels

Northamptonshire
Reviewed 8 August 2013

We stayed at the Park for 2 nights on a voucher given as a gift (London experience). I agree with other reviewers that the rooms need a little TLC but our room in the lodge was spacious and comfortable. Due to the unseasonably hot British summer, it was warm in the room but bearable.

We ate dinner the first night and the food was great. Breakfast was included and, both mornings, was good. The lovely oriental lady serving us was so helpful...even levelling up our wobbly table for us!

The hotel is perfectly located for the train station...5 minutes walk away. We used the train both days to get in to London...they run every 10 minutes or so, very convenient.

A bonus was being able to leave our car in the car park after we had checked out so that we could enjoy the whole day before coming home. All in all, a lovely stay. It's a 3 star so we didn't expect too much but were pleasantly surprised.

1 Thank lynngaliszewski
Liza R, General Manager at The Park Hotel, responded to this review, 9 August 2013
Dear lynngaliszewski,

Thank you so much for your lovely comments regarding your recent stay with us. I'm so pleased that our location was perfect for your trips into London.

Thank you also for your kind comments regarding the team, and the food & service in the restaurant.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the Park Hotel in the not too distant future.

london
Reviewed 7 August 2013

This place looks really nice from the outside, but needs a bit of TLC in the communal areas and the room we had in the main building which at £49.50 for the night was reasonable but i wouldn't pay any more than that. We did have to have a rummage around to find the tea and coffee making facilities which were in a drawer!! couldn't understand the reasoning behind that apart from trying to encourage people to think there weren't any in the room and they would then have to go downstairs and pay for one.

The room was clean enough but as other visitors have commented on was very warm, had to keep the windows open and then was woken up at 5 in the morning with traffic noise, great having the free car parking. We didn't eat there so cant comment, but there was a long waiting time in the bar to be served.

Dear Jodie1,

Thank you for taking time to post your comments regarding your recent stay with us. I am pleased that on the whole you were happy with your room. As part of our on going maintenance programme we will be refreshing and redecorating the rooms in the main building over the next few weeks.

I'm sure you will see a marked improvement if you decide to return to the Park Hotel in the future.

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed 5 August 2013

The front of the Park Hotel is beautiful, but just to note you won't be staying in this building. The hotel is a new build at the back.

Overall it's a pretty standard hotel and the hotel rooms were fine. There is no lift so if you are traveling with those who can't do stairs well then try and request a room on the ground floor.

This is probably a better hotel if you are not looking to experience hotel, we stayed as there was a wedding nearby and served as a decent base to get to and from the various locations we needed to be

It's also right next to the train station and local bus routes as well as being in the centre of Teddington.

Room Tip: Request a ground floor if you are with those who can't use stairs.
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank KikiPigeon
Liza R, General Manager at The Park Hotel, responded to this review, 6 August 2013
Dear Kikipigeon,

Thank you for taking time to post your comments on Trip Advisor. I am pleased that you found the hotel ideally located for the wedding you attended.

The majority of our executive bedrooms are located in the main building, which offer more space, and have more character to our double rooms and family rooms which are located in the lodge building. There is lift access to all floors in the lodge. My sincere apologies if this information was not given to you on check in.

Liverpool, UK
Reviewed 4 August 2013 via mobile

We found this hotel on laterooms last minute and paid around 50 pound for a double room. The offroad parking was handy, and the rooms were ok but a little hot. Breakfast was strangely cheaper if it wasn't included in the hotel price. The proximity to the train station was very handy. The pub was nice with loud live music, but a little expensive.

• Stayed July 2013
Dear Trav-OLs,

Thank you for taking time to post your comments on trip advisor. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us at the Park.

Next time you stay with us please pick up one of our privilege cards which entitles you to 20% off all food & beverage throughout our properties. We also have fantastic mid week deals in the restaurant & bar also.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the Park in the not too distant future.

Leeds, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 August 2013

It's just what you'd expect for the price. The room was spacious and clean and contra to others reviews, the room we were in was contemporary and well fitted. We were only there for one night so didn't really spend too much time in the hotel but the time we were there we found the staff friendly and helpful.
The thing that let this place down was the below par breakfast. For £100 a night I'd expect better quality and a little more variety.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Liza R, General Manager at The Park Hotel, responded to this review, 5 August 2013
Dear Rich B,

Thank you for taking time to post your comments on Trip Advisor concering your recent stay with us.

I am pleased that on the whole you enjoyed your time with us and would like to thank you for your kind comments regarding the team.

I am sorry that you were a little disappointed with breakfast. We have re-addressed our menus and buffet and I am sure if you return to the Park you would see that our offering has been improved.

Resident Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Teddington
The Lensbury
The Lensbury
#1 of 3 in Teddington
Doubletree by Hilton London Kingston Upon Thames
Doubletree by Hilton London King...
#4 of 12 in Kingston upon Thames
The White Hart Hotel
The White Hart Hotel
#1 of 12 in Kingston upon Thames
Premier Inn London Kingston Upon Thames
Premier Inn London Kingston Upon...
#2 of 12 in Kingston upon Thames
The Lion Gate Mews​
The Lion Gate Mews​
#1 of 1 in East Molesey
Holiday Inn London-Kingston South

Been to The Park Hotel? Share your experiences!