All reviews train station full english bushy park wedding reception the main hotel hampton court stayed here for one night free parking double room teddington high street teddington station nancy twickenham carvery pringles rugby waterloo
Reviewed 4 May 2014

I stayed at this Hotel for two nights. It cost me £240. I booked it because it was near to where I was going for work and promised free car parking and wireless internet. I had decided to pay a little extra for an executive room. On arrival I was told that the wireless internet was only free for one hour and then I had to pay extra. I was asked by the receptionist to show my booking confirmation where it said that the wireless internet was included. I tried to access the booking on my phone but couldn't find it. After getting rather annoyed I was offered complimentary internet (surely not as I was paying for it!). The first room that I was offered was very small and looked out over the kitchen extractor fans. I refused this room and was shown to a similar room but that was a little larger and facing the front. The rooms are basic and the decor outdated and very different to that of downstairs which is more sophisticated. There was a large water damage stain on the ceiling and the room was in need of redecoration. The pillows were very cheap and poor quality like cotton wool. It was difficult to sleep as the curtains do not keep out the very strong floodlights that light the front of the building that seemed to be on all night. The receptionist did apologise to me later and say that I was right and that the internet was included. The only thing that was good about the room was the shower pressure in the bathroom that was good and not the pathetic trickle that is highly irritating. The room was functional but highly underwhelming and left me wishing that I had paid just a little bit more to stay in some quite nice hotels nearby (surprisingly not much more). The food in the bar is good but a little overpriced (like the accommodation). If I had paid £70 a night I don't think I would have been so disappointed. If this is a 3 star hotel I know why generally I stay in at least 4. Please be honest in your marketing and don't try to be something you're not. I felt robbed for what I got.

Room tip: Stay somewhere else
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank 520Dan1979
Paul T, Manager at The Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 May 2014

Dear Dan,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us. I am sorry to hear that there was some confusion with regards to the Wi-Fi but I was pleased to see that reception gave you it complimentary.
We do value all our customer's feedback and it is through that where we learn how to further improve our product and service. I was also pleased to hear that you liked shower in the bathroom and the bar food.
Our pricing is very competitive for the area however if you like to discuss this further please feel free to contact me directly on 0208 6149700.

Kind Regards

Kabir Bisht

Thank you once again for your review and we shall look forward to welcome you again soon

Reviewed 28 April 2014

At the prices asked for this location, how could anyone complain.

Clean rooms, my wife is very fussy, helpful staff and plain home cooked value for money meals, perhaps it could do with a bit of refurbishment, but at this price, that is picky.

Helpful relaxed staff, a lli in all a decent place

Room tip: Closer to the rail station and town centre than you expect
Date of stay: February 2014
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank tuba99
Paul T, Manager at The Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 30 April 2014

Dear Tuba99

Thank you for your recent review and I was delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and found the staff helpful. I will pass on your kind comments to the team with thanks.

I do hope to see you soon

Kind Regards

Paul

Reviewed 27 April 2014

Was initially a little worried about staying here, after reading some of the reviews. Was pleasantly surprised. The staff were very helpful, it's a stylish looking hotel, and the room was clean and quiet (despite having an overland railway line behind it).
The restaurant was a little expensive, and the steak was pretty poor...we pointed this out to the staff and they were very attentive.
It's a 5 minute walk to the station, and very handy for Hampton Court Palace and shopping in Kingston. Only 25 minutes via overland rail to Waterloo, or jump onto the district line at Richmond. Would stay again, and recommended.

Room tip: Ask for the seperate annexe building. Away from the main building.
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Paul T, Manager at The Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 April 2014

Dear Ronnie,

Many thanks for your review and I am delighted that you found the team friendly and very helpful, they will really appreciate you taking the time to write.

It's great also that you found your bedroom was clean and tidy. I am disappointed to hear that your steak was not up to your liking, please accept my sincere apology, however I am glad to hear that you would happily recommend The Park Hotel

We all look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 22 April 2014

We only stayed for one night, having booked over the phone at the last minute. We were a little early arriving and our room was not ready so we were offered an upgrade. The room was in the main building which doesn't have a lift and we found the many stairs a chore with our suitcases. Our room was just OK. I could feel the springs in the bed but otherwise the room and bathroom was clean. We did not have breakfast so can't comment but the restaurant looked spacious with a seating area and bar.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank JaneNorwich

Dear Jane,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review further to your visit to the hotel. I was pleased to hear that you were upgraded to the superior room as a good will gesture.

I was sorry to hear that you could feel the spring in the bed, this had not been bought to my attention in the past but I can assure you that I will be looking in to this matter myself and take the appropriate corrective action.

However I am glad to hear that you noticed our high standards of cleanliness in the bedrooms which I will be sharing with my team in housekeeping which I am sure they will be delighted to hear.

I hope your you will visit us again soon.

Reviewed 22 April 2014

We paid £59 for 1 nights stay, i was a bit concerned having read reviews AFTER I'd made the booking i wanted to cancel, but I'm glad I didn't. It was easy to find & conveniently just a walk into Teddington town where there is plenty of shops & cafe's & a 2 minute walk to Teddington Station which takes you straight to London Waterloo in about 30 mins, with parking included in the price it was a perfect place to stay for a for a night at The Royal Albert Hall, trains ran till just after midnight so we managed to get back at about 1am, the room was clean & tidy & we had a quick drink before we set off. Would recommend & would stay again, I did not pay the extra £12.95 for breakfast but found a cafe a few minutes walk away where a full English was £4.99 The bed was comfortable & shower powerful, maybe too powerful as it soaked the floor & almost took my head off but i'd only complain if it was just a trickle & I like to find fault with things but at £59 I have nothing serious to moan about. Towels were a bit thin maybe, & the carpet a bit worn in the public areas of the lodge, could do with a bit of a refurb.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Dear Sammy,

Many thanks for your review I'm delighted to know that you finally decided to stay with us.

It's great also that you found your bedroom was clean and tidy, I will be sharing with my team in housekeeping which I am sure they will be delighted to hear. I am glad to hear that you would happily recommend The Park Hotel.
Certainly there are few areas which need some upgrading which we are currently looking as part of our capital expenditure for future, however in regards with the Towels I will be picking this up with our supplier with immediate effect.

We all look forward to your next visit.

Paul