“Caution”
Review of The Park Hotel

The Park Hotel
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Teddington
Reviewed 11 May 2014

Not well signposted for entry. You end up walking via the bar with the local staring at you. The Wi Fi is rubbish and its slightly over priced by a few pounds for single travellers.The bathroom are a nightmare if you have a bad back! The shower pane are fixed so to put the plug in you have to really stretch over or climb in the bath to put the plug in.

Also no one shows you to the room and the out building whee the actual hotels are. When I checked in there was two people on the desk they could have said let me take your case and show you the room.. It wasn't easy to find on a wet windy night!

Stayed: May 2014
Paul T, Manager at The Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 13 May 2014

Dear Gavin C,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us. I am sorry to hear that the Wi-Fi signals were not strong in your bedroom which I will pick this up with our WI-FI provider in order to rectify.
I have also asked our Maintenance team to fix the shower panel. I do apologise that no luggage assistance was offered to you or clear directions to your bedroom and I will be taking corrective action with the front desk team so this does not occur again in the future.
Once again please accept my sincere apologies for the shortcomings you experienced and I do look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Kabir

Reviewed 10 May 2014

I have stayed here on a number of occasions normally when every where'll semis booked up.

The place really needs a refurbishment as it's now very tired.

Large rooms but depressing, the bar attached is okay, food in the restaurant is average

Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo

Dear Chris A,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us.
I am delighted to hear that you have used us on numerous occasions and I will pass on your comments regarding future refurbishment on to our Head Office.

I do hope to see you soon

Kabir

Reviewed 5 May 2014 via mobile

Had a brill time! Everyone we met was really helpful and friendly. The room was clean, comfortable and had everything we needed. The best bit was the breakfast, not greasy and the wild boar sausage was yummy. Great place to stay and great value for money.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Paul T, Manager at The Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 May 2014

Dear Kate,

We are so grateful for receiving 5* from your recent visit with us. I am so pleased to read that you found all aspects of your stay such a positive experience especially the customer service from our staff. Making our guests feel comfortable and well cared for is our highest priority.

We take lot of pride in delivering freshly cooked made to order breakfast for all our guests and my team will be delighted to hear such complimentary feedback, it is greatly appreciated.

Thank you once again for your review and we shall look forward to welcome you again soon.

Reviewed 4 May 2014

I stayed at this Hotel for two nights. It cost me £240. I booked it because it was near to where I was going for work and promised free car parking and wireless internet. I had decided to pay a little extra for an executive room. On arrival I was told that the wireless internet was only free for one hour and then I had to pay extra. I was asked by the receptionist to show my booking confirmation where it said that the wireless internet was included. I tried to access the booking on my phone but couldn't find it. After getting rather annoyed I was offered complimentary internet (surely not as I was paying for it!). The first room that I was offered was very small and looked out over the kitchen extractor fans. I refused this room and was shown to a similar room but that was a little larger and facing the front. The rooms are basic and the decor outdated and very different to that of downstairs which is more sophisticated. There was a large water damage stain on the ceiling and the room was in need of redecoration. The pillows were very cheap and poor quality like cotton wool. It was difficult to sleep as the curtains do not keep out the very strong floodlights that light the front of the building that seemed to be on all night. The receptionist did apologise to me later and say that I was right and that the internet was included. The only thing that was good about the room was the shower pressure in the bathroom that was good and not the pathetic trickle that is highly irritating. The room was functional but highly underwhelming and left me wishing that I had paid just a little bit more to stay in some quite nice hotels nearby (surprisingly not much more). The food in the bar is good but a little overpriced (like the accommodation). If I had paid £70 a night I don't think I would have been so disappointed. If this is a 3 star hotel I know why generally I stay in at least 4. Please be honest in your marketing and don't try to be something you're not. I felt robbed for what I got.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank 520Dan1979
Paul T, Manager at The Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 May 2014

Dear Dan,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us. I am sorry to hear that there was some confusion with regards to the Wi-Fi but I was pleased to see that reception gave you it complimentary.
We do value all our customer's feedback and it is through that where we learn how to further improve our product and service. I was also pleased to hear that you liked shower in the bathroom and the bar food.
Our pricing is very competitive for the area however if you like to discuss this further please feel free to contact me directly on 0208 6149700.

Reviewed 28 April 2014

At the prices asked for this location, how could anyone complain.

Clean rooms, my wife is very fussy, helpful staff and plain home cooked value for money meals, perhaps it could do with a bit of refurbishment, but at this price, that is picky.

Helpful relaxed staff, a lli in all a decent place

Room Tip: Closer to the rail station and town centre than you expect
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank tuba99
Paul T, Manager at The Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 30 April 2014

Dear Tuba99

Thank you for your recent review and I was delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and found the staff helpful. I will pass on your kind comments to the team with thanks.

I do hope to see you soon

Paul

Reviewed 27 April 2014

Was initially a little worried about staying here, after reading some of the reviews. Was pleasantly surprised. The staff were very helpful, it's a stylish looking hotel, and the room was clean and quiet (despite having an overland railway line behind it).
The restaurant was a little expensive, and the steak was pretty poor...we pointed this out to the staff and they were very attentive.
It's a 5 minute walk to the station, and very handy for Hampton Court Palace and shopping in Kingston. Only 25 minutes via overland rail to Waterloo, or jump onto the district line at Richmond. Would stay again, and recommended.

Room Tip: Ask for the seperate annexe building. Away from the main building.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Paul T, Manager at The Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 April 2014

Dear Ronnie,

Many thanks for your review and I am delighted that you found the team friendly and very helpful, they will really appreciate you taking the time to write.

It's great also that you found your bedroom was clean and tidy. I am disappointed to hear that your steak was not up to your liking, please accept my sincere apology, however I am glad to hear that you would happily recommend The Park Hotel

We all look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 22 April 2014

We only stayed for one night, having booked over the phone at the last minute. We were a little early arriving and our room was not ready so we were offered an upgrade. The room was in the main building which doesn't have a lift and we found the many stairs a chore with our suitcases. Our room was just OK. I could feel the springs in the bed but otherwise the room and bathroom was clean. We did not have breakfast so can't comment but the restaurant looked spacious with a seating area and bar.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank JaneNorwich

Dear Jane,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review further to your visit to the hotel. I was pleased to hear that you were upgraded to the superior room as a good will gesture.

I was sorry to hear that you could feel the spring in the bed, this had not been bought to my attention in the past but I can assure you that I will be looking in to this matter myself and take the appropriate corrective action.

However I am glad to hear that you noticed our high standards of cleanliness in the bedrooms which I will be sharing with my team in housekeeping which I am sure they will be delighted to hear.

I hope your you will visit us again soon.

Kabir Bisht

Also consider these accommodations in or near Teddington
Travelodge London Teddington
#4 of 14 in Richmond
Richmond Gate Hotel
Richmond Gate Hotel
#7 of 14 in Richmond

Been to The Park Hotel? Share your experiences!