“Only a one night stay”
Review of The Park Hotel

The Park Hotel
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Teddington
Reviewed 27 May 2014

We stayed one Sunday night, when we wanted to be in London for Sunday and BH Monday, without driving home in between.
The hotel was just what we needed: easy to reach, big car park, clean and well equipped room and buffet breakfast.
Sure, we have stayed in places with more atmosphere in the bar, but we just needed a nightcap after our dinner in a local restaurant and that was supplied by a very pleasant young man, so we didn't mind the surroundings too much. The bed was comfy, the duvet and pillows great. The room was hot, but we wedged the waste paper in into open the sash window and there was an electric fan supplied, that was OK. Fabulous water pressure in the shower, although I wished there had been a mat to stop me slipping as I climbed in and out of the bath. Hair dryer, iron, ironing board, tea and coffee and toiletries all provided. The only problem we had were a very very noisy couple next door who had a huge row at about 4 in the morning, which woke us up. No-ones fault and not something that the hotel could have controlled. We would definitely stay here again if we wanted to visit this part of London.

Room Tip: We used previous reviews and asked for a room which did not face the main road. This worked and our...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Liza R, General Manager at The Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 31 May 2014

Dear Lesley

Thank you for choosing the Park Hotel for your recent visit to London over the Bank Holiday and for completing a review on TripAdvisor.

I was delighted to learn that you had enjoyed your stay with us and will pass on your compliments to the team who will be equally pleased to hear your feedback.

Thank you once again for taking the time to complete a review and I do hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back again to The Park Hotel very soon.

There are newer reviews for The Park Hotel

Reviewed 24 May 2014

The staff here I found really helpful, positive in attitude and quite attentive.

Dinner was nice but a little pricey, the full english breakfast was amazing though and included in the room rate.

While we are on the subject of the room.. it is way too hot and the sofa bed is not very comfortable. There is a fan in the room and the main bed is fine. Parts of the room were a little tired.

Overall a decent place to stay if you can get a good rate (check as the rates vary wildly from day to day).

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Judo101
Liza R, Manager at The Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 26 May 2014

Dear Jude,

Thank you for completing your review on TripAdvisor following your recent stay with us. I was pleased to learn that you had enjoyed your stay with us here at The Park Hotel, Teddington.

It is always great to learn that the team have made a difference to our guests stay and I will pass on your compliments to them. Also; thank you for your constructive feedback which I will reviewing with the departments concerned.

Thank you once again for taking the time to complete your review and I do hope we will have the opportunity to serve you again in the not too distant future.

Reviewed 14 May 2014

Desperate for something to eat we remembered the the Park Hotel, where we had eaten a couple of years ago so we decided to give it a try once again. We looked at the bar menu and it seemed a little pricey, 11.95 approx for beer battered Cod and Chips and the same price for the Burger. My husband enjoyed the Cod and said the chips were great (three times cooked chunky chips). However, my burger arrived (we waited at least 25mins for the dishes to come to the table) and was cooked to within an inch of its life, The bun was so tough it couldn't be cut with the knife and the chips were the thin fries that looked and tasted the frozen variety rather than home cooked. The onion marmalade on the other hand was great. The waiter was attentive but would I return, no that was my last visit, I am not even tempted to try out the more expensive restaurant that is attached as I have little confidence that the meal will be worth the extra price.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Michelle S
Paul T, Manager at The Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 16 May 2014

Dear Michelle,

Thank you for taking the time to complete a review on Trip Advisor following your recent visit to the Park Hotel. I am sorry that you did not find the quality of food as you should have. I have recently joined the Hotel and would really appreciate the opportunity to discuss this matter further with you personally and would be grateful if you could take the time to contact me on 0208 6149700.

In the meantime, please be assured that your comments have been taken very seriously and I will be carrying out a thorough investigation and taking steps to be prevent a recurrence.

Once again thank you for completing your review and bringing these matters to our attention.

Reviewed 11 May 2014

Not well signposted for entry. You end up walking via the bar with the local staring at you. The Wi Fi is rubbish and its slightly over priced by a few pounds for single travellers.The bathroom are a nightmare if you have a bad back! The shower pane are fixed so to put the plug in you have to really stretch over or climb in the bath to put the plug in.

Also no one shows you to the room and the out building whee the actual hotels are. When I checked in there was two people on the desk they could have said let me take your case and show you the room.. It wasn't easy to find on a wet windy night!

Stayed: May 2014
Paul T, Manager at The Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 13 May 2014

Dear Gavin C,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us. I am sorry to hear that the Wi-Fi signals were not strong in your bedroom which I will pick this up with our WI-FI provider in order to rectify.
I have also asked our Maintenance team to fix the shower panel. I do apologise that no luggage assistance was offered to you or clear directions to your bedroom and I will be taking corrective action with the front desk team so this does not occur again in the future.
Once again please accept my sincere apologies for the shortcomings you experienced and I do look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Kabir

Reviewed 10 May 2014

I have stayed here on a number of occasions normally when every where'll semis booked up.

The place really needs a refurbishment as it's now very tired.

Large rooms but depressing, the bar attached is okay, food in the restaurant is average

Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo

Dear Chris A,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us.
I am delighted to hear that you have used us on numerous occasions and I will pass on your comments regarding future refurbishment on to our Head Office.

I do hope to see you soon

Regards

Kabir

Reviewed 5 May 2014 via mobile

Had a brill time! Everyone we met was really helpful and friendly. The room was clean, comfortable and had everything we needed. The best bit was the breakfast, not greasy and the wild boar sausage was yummy. Great place to stay and great value for money.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Paul T, Manager at The Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 May 2014

Dear Kate,

We are so grateful for receiving 5* from your recent visit with us. I am so pleased to read that you found all aspects of your stay such a positive experience especially the customer service from our staff. Making our guests feel comfortable and well cared for is our highest priority.

We take lot of pride in delivering freshly cooked made to order breakfast for all our guests and my team will be delighted to hear such complimentary feedback, it is greatly appreciated.

Thank you once again for your review and we shall look forward to welcome you again soon.

Kabir Bisht

Reviewed 4 May 2014

I stayed at this Hotel for two nights. It cost me £240. I booked it because it was near to where I was going for work and promised free car parking and wireless internet. I had decided to pay a little extra for an executive room. On arrival I was told that the wireless internet was only free for one hour and then I had to pay extra. I was asked by the receptionist to show my booking confirmation where it said that the wireless internet was included. I tried to access the booking on my phone but couldn't find it. After getting rather annoyed I was offered complimentary internet (surely not as I was paying for it!). The first room that I was offered was very small and looked out over the kitchen extractor fans. I refused this room and was shown to a similar room but that was a little larger and facing the front. The rooms are basic and the decor outdated and very different to that of downstairs which is more sophisticated. There was a large water damage stain on the ceiling and the room was in need of redecoration. The pillows were very cheap and poor quality like cotton wool. It was difficult to sleep as the curtains do not keep out the very strong floodlights that light the front of the building that seemed to be on all night. The receptionist did apologise to me later and say that I was right and that the internet was included. The only thing that was good about the room was the shower pressure in the bathroom that was good and not the pathetic trickle that is highly irritating. The room was functional but highly underwhelming and left me wishing that I had paid just a little bit more to stay in some quite nice hotels nearby (surprisingly not much more). The food in the bar is good but a little overpriced (like the accommodation). If I had paid £70 a night I don't think I would have been so disappointed. If this is a 3 star hotel I know why generally I stay in at least 4. Please be honest in your marketing and don't try to be something you're not. I felt robbed for what I got.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank 520Dan1979
Paul T, Manager at The Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 May 2014

Dear Dan,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us. I am sorry to hear that there was some confusion with regards to the Wi-Fi but I was pleased to see that reception gave you it complimentary.
We do value all our customer's feedback and it is through that where we learn how to further improve our product and service. I was also pleased to hear that you liked shower in the bathroom and the bar food.
Our pricing is very competitive for the area however if you like to discuss this further please feel free to contact me directly on 0208 6149700.

Kabir Bisht

Also consider these accommodations in or near Teddington
Travelodge London Teddington
The White Hart Hotel
The White Hart Hotel
#1 of 12 in Kingston upon Thames
Premier Inn London Kingston Upon Thames
Premier Inn London Kingston Upon...
#3 of 12 in Kingston upon Thames

Been to The Park Hotel? Share your experiences!