“A fairly average hotel”

Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Teddington
Nottingham
“A fairly average hotel”
Reviewed 25 June 2014 via mobile

Only had one night at this hotel and it was absolutely fine but nothing more. The room was perfectly comfortable but looking a bit tired and the bathroom was in need of some TLC. I've stayed in more spacious, clean, modern rooms at Holiday Inn Express, Premiere Inn etc. The evening meal was fairly average and the breakfast was nothing exceptional.

Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Paul T, Manager at The Park Hotel, responded to this review, 30 June 2014
Dear Phil & Linda

Thank you for taking the time to complete a review on trip advisor following your recent stay with us here at The Park Hotel.

Feedback from our guests be it good or poor is incredibly valuable as it is only by hearing our guests feedback may we exceed our guests expectations.

Please be assured that your comments have been taken on board and discussed with the relevant departmental managers in order for steps to be taken to make the necessary improvements.

Thank you once again for completing your review and I do hope we may have the opportunity to serve you again the future.

With kind regards

Annette Cave
Hotel Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (94)
Reviewed 17 June 2014

This hotel proved an excellent choice for the night before my wedding. The room was a great size, the bathroom was fab and there was plenty of space to get my hair and make-up done on the morning of the wedding. The bed was comfy and the breakfast selection was good (as was the lunch menu - although a touch pricey).

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Paul T, Manager at The Park Hotel, responded to this review, 18 June 2014
Dear Joej 1980

Thank you for your recent review and I was pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. I trust all went well on your big day and I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the future.
Honiton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 June 2014

We booked into the Park Hotel for 2 nights on 7th June. We found all the staff extremely helpful.
My partner is disabled and I have a replacement knee. Everyone went out of their way to help us except on our last morning. We went down for breakfast about 8.30am. As we went to sit down a waitress called Maria said we would have to sit in the upper level (not convenient for us) as she needed to get the lower tables ready for guests arriving at 1pm. I pointed out tht we were guests and that it was only 8.30am but Maria was unrelentant. Her supervisor came to assist us and immediately sat us at the table which we had previously sat at. We then heard Maria say "why are THEY sitting there. When she brought our breakfast (which was very nice) she threw it down in front of us and stormed of, leaving her supervisor to bring our pot of tea and milk and sugar.
All I can say to the Park Hotel is, get rid of Maria and you will have happier guests. This was the only blemish on an otherwise enjoyable weekend.
Sue Hurst & Robin Donaldson

Room Tip: The annexe is very quiet
Paul T, Manager at The Park Hotel, responded to this review, 14 June 2014
Dear Susan H

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us and I am glad to hear that you had an enjoyable weekend. I have taken on board your comments and can assure you that I will investigate further.
I do hope to welcome you back again soon

Worcester
Reviewed 10 June 2014

My boyfriend and I stayed here as my friend was having her anniversary party here. We arrived at 4pm, reception was very helpful and we went straight to our room. It was very clean and spacious. We were given a parking pass also so we didnt get clamped.
We had a few drinks outside as the sun was out. Bar staff were helpful also.
The party was great, the food was good also. Next morning breakfast was 8-10am which we just managed to wake up for, really good breakfast and plenty of it.
All in all I would stay here again.

1 Thank VCRWorcester
Paul T, Manager at The Park Hotel, responded to this review, 11 June 2014
Dear VCR Worcester

Thank you for such a nice review, I was pleased to hear that you had a great time and enjoyed the party at the hotel. I hope it will not be too long before you are staying with us again.
Reviewed 9 June 2014 via mobile

Checked in late last night for 5 night business trip cost £95 per night. B&b pre paid looks nice from front of building friendly receptionist First room no 20 disabled bathroom tiles on wall broken and mould round seal, carpet badly stained, 2nd room no9 (alleged exec room) dark dingy dirty seal round shower door, carpet coming away from wall and grubby! Next 2 rooms shown to me by shift manager filthy mould in bathroom he did agree the hygiene in rooms was poor!!! Goodness knows what their beds are like if they can't clean the dirt which is visible to naked eye. Breeding ground for bacteria. Checked right out at 2200hrs in area I had never been in before the receptionist was kind enough to book me a room at the travelodge 2 mins walk away £57 a night not ideal hotel but spotless! DO NOT STAY HERE!

Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Paul T, Manager at The Park Hotel, responded to this review, 10 June 2014
Dear Guest

Thank you for your recent review and I am sorry to hear that you were not satisfied with the rooms that you saw. If you would like to contact me personally to discuss further then please call the hotel on 0208 6149700.
Paul

Travellers are raving about these Teddington hotels

Mojacar, Spain
Reviewed 8 June 2014

My husband and I stayed here for 2 nights (Fri/Sat) as we had a party to attend a few miles away. We got a very good rate, especially for the first night and although breakfast was not included we took it both mornings. Saturday's was by far the best, with a really excellent full English for my husband, not just well cooked but very nicely presented, and a super continental for me, including cheese and charcuterie. On Sundays they have a buffet because of having to cater for more and usually all at once. This was ok but a bit disappointing after the previous morning. The continental was not so good either with the mixed fruit salad turning into just apple slices!
All the staff were very nice and served with a smile throughout the hotel. One annoying point was that our room key card did not want to work and we had to have it reprogrammed twice, meaning two extra trips to reception, a good walk from our room in the annex, one late at night on our return from the party and just wanting our bed - which was big and comfortable. The room was rather too warm but at least the sash window opened for fresh air and there was an electric fan provided. The hotel is a little tired in places but clean and friendly and it was nice to find an iron/board as well as tea/coffee facilities in the room.

Paul T, Manager at The Park Hotel, responded to this review, 10 June 2014
Dear Emily M

Thank you for your recent review and I was pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. I do appreciate your valuable feedback and will be speaking to the relevant departmental managers to implement corrective action to further improve our service delivery and consistency.
I was also delighted to hear that you found all the staff in the hotel nice with a smile and I hope we can welcome you back again soon.

Northampton
Reviewed 27 May 2014

We stayed one Sunday night, when we wanted to be in London for Sunday and BH Monday, without driving home in between.
The hotel was just what we needed: easy to reach, big car park, clean and well equipped room and buffet breakfast.
Sure, we have stayed in places with more atmosphere in the bar, but we just needed a nightcap after our dinner in a local restaurant and that was supplied by a very pleasant young man, so we didn't mind the surroundings too much. The bed was comfy, the duvet and pillows great. The room was hot, but we wedged the waste paper in into open the sash window and there was an electric fan supplied, that was OK. Fabulous water pressure in the shower, although I wished there had been a mat to stop me slipping as I climbed in and out of the bath. Hair dryer, iron, ironing board, tea and coffee and toiletries all provided. The only problem we had were a very very noisy couple next door who had a huge row at about 4 in the morning, which woke us up. No-ones fault and not something that the hotel could have controlled. We would definitely stay here again if we wanted to visit this part of London.

Room Tip: We used previous reviews and asked for a room which did not face the main road. This worked and our...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Liza R, General Manager at The Park Hotel, responded to this review, 31 May 2014
Dear Lesley

Thank you for choosing the Park Hotel for your recent visit to London over the Bank Holiday and for completing a review on TripAdvisor.

I was delighted to learn that you had enjoyed your stay with us and will pass on your compliments to the team who will be equally pleased to hear your feedback.

Thank you once again for taking the time to complete a review and I do hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back again to The Park Hotel very soon.

With kind regards

Annette Cave
Hotel Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Teddington
Travelodge London Teddington
The Lensbury
The Lensbury
#1 of 3 in Teddington
Antoinette Hotel Kingston upon Thames
Antoinette Hotel Kingston upon T...
#7 of 12 in Kingston upon Thames
Holiday Inn London-Kingston South
Richmond Hill Hotel
Richmond Hill Hotel
#3 of 14 in Richmond
The White Hart Hotel
The White Hart Hotel
#1 of 12 in Kingston upon Thames

Been to The Park Hotel? Share your experiences!