“Private Dining”

Tottington Manor Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Edburton
Reviewed 21 July 2013

I booked the private dining for my 40th birthday celebration and had a wonderful & memorable evening & overnight stay. The location of the hotel is truly stunning: so picturesque. The atmosphere of the manor is a little luxury without being snobby. The staff were attentive without being intrusive, the organisation of my party was slick & efficient, nothing was too much trouble, the food was delicious & plentiful, the room where we dined opened onto the gardens and was decorated beautifully, our bedrooms were lovely - all in all a very positive experience and one I would highly recommend.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
3  Thank Heather H
Sara_Luff, Manager at Tottington Manor Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 31 July 2013

Dear Heather
Thank you for adding a review for Tottington Manor. I’m so glad you enjoyed your celebration here and I will pass your kind comments on to my team here.
With very best regards

Reviewed 27 June 2013

We recently had our wedding at Tottington Manor Hotel, and it was the most amazing wedding ever. The Hotel is situated at the foot of the Downs amongst the most beautiful scenery. The rooms are lovely and clean and have all the facilities you could need, and the bridal suite definitely has the wow factor. The food served was delicious, as most of our guests had bar meals when they arrived on the Friday night, and the service was excellent. However, the best thing about having our wedding at Tottington Manor was the amazing staff. They looked after us so well, and nothing was too much trouble for them. Thank you Sarah and Lisa and the rest of the staff who made our wedding day so memorable for all the right reasons. We will definitely visit again. Mr and Mrs Millard from Wales x

Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Pam and Paul,
Thank you so much for your lovely words and I have passed your kind comments on to Lisa and the team.
It was such a pleasure to get to know you both so well and to have been able to be part of your very special day.
We certainly look forward to having you visit us again in the future.
Very best wishes

Reviewed 17 June 2013

My parents and I recently stayed at Tottington Manor for the weekend, arriving on the Friday evening and departing on the Sunday morning. This hotel is in the country and has beautiful surrounding areas.
From the moment we arrived (very late) we felt welcome and comfortable. We were shown to our rooms which were impeccable, clean, tidy and beautifully decorated. We had two rooms, each with its own bath, shower, toilet and sink, each bathroom was spacious. The room also had televisions a kettle and the usual tea and coffee but unlike anywhere else two bottles of water were provided as well. Sarah the manager and her team of staff were outstanding and worked very well together. They were willing to help you with anything and provide you with anything you'd forgotten. Whilst there my parents and I attended a 50th wedding anniversary, the room in which it was held was decorated, roses and gold gems were placed on the tables and each place setting was perfect. The staff are approachable and very kind. The food served at this party was presented very excellently and tasted incredible. I have been very lucky and have travelled a lot, and Tottington Manor was one of the best places Ive had the pleasure of staying at.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
Sara_Luff, Manager at Tottington Manor Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 July 2013

Dear Georgina

Thank you for your review. Since we are a small hotel, we feel that we can offer a more personal service and I am delighted that we achieved that for you and your family. I will pass on your kind comments to all my staff here.
Best regards

Reviewed 9 June 2013

My husband and I stayed for one night this weekend (June 2013), beautiful room looking out on the South Downs. We booked in for dinner and were delighted with food and service, we've been lucky enough to eat in some lovely places but this menu surpassed all expectation. I wonder though how bad food reviews for this place that are years old are allowed to stay on as they have clearly upped the anti!! Top notch breakfast too!! We will be staying again for sure! Mr & Mrs Revell from Surrey

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Stacey R

Thank you for taking the time to review Tottington Manor. I am delighted you enjoyed your time with us - and we very much look forward to welcoming you again soon
Best regards

Reviewed 17 March 2013

We recently attended a family event here, and decided to stay the night. The hotel is nicely decorated. Our room had a chandelier and huge TV, but the shower didn't work and there was no wardrobe! We had a large group booking for dinner, which I can only say was average. We were hurried in to eat, had to ask for drinks repeatedly and were treated with what seemed to be barely contained frustration. The meal itself was ok. Starters were preprepared and fine, the pork belly was overcooked, tough and burnt - the crackling was like leather! I had a treacle and pecan tart with pistachio ice cream for pudding. The tart was, flavourless the pastry inedible and the ice cream was vanilla with pistachios sprinkled on it! We were hurried from the room, glasses were cleared before drinks finished and the bar closed early. We were told that we needed to be down for breakfast at 9.30 the following morning, and this was non-negotiable, and informed that we needed to settle our bill by 10. The experience wasn't cheap, and it's with real regret that I have to say that it's one I wouldn't repeat. The setting is beautiful, the building lovely and with just a small amount of thought the rooms could be great. It's the welcome and service that need work, throughout the entire stay we were made to feel that they were doing us a favour.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Charlotte C
Reviewed 11 March 2013

Decided that a local lunch was in order. Arrived at 1230hrs to a warm greeting despite the snow and broken heating in the restaurant. We were the only pair at lunch & Liza very kindly rearranged the heaters to try to keep us warm. Three course meal was lovely. Smoked trout and potato tian, followed by Pork fillet with sage and Parma ham in a cream mustard sauce was delicious. To top of a good meal was treacle & pecan tart with ice cream. Despite the bad weather and cold we were made to feel very welcome and with a three couse set lunch menu at £15.50 per head, very good value for money.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
Sara_Luff, Manager at Tottington Manor Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 16 April 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review your lunch with us and I am pleased you enjoyed your meal, despite the weather. Thank you for being understanding about the heating -it is now in full working order.

We do change the set lunch menu throughout the week depending on seasonal availability - so we hope to welcome you again soon especially as it seems that Spring might finally be on its way.

Reviewed 20 January 2013

The first time I stayed here I was pleased and had a nice room and everything was fine. The second time I stayed here I paid more for a nicer room and I was told I'd be in the 'Bridal' suite. I was treating my girlfriend to a weekend in the country and found the room to be an average surprise.

The only thing good about the room was a four-poster bed and a large flat screen TV. I at least expected a bath but only got a very small and uncomfortable shower.

The worst thing about the stay was that I could hear everything in the hotel. I wanted to sleep during my stay but that proved to be too difficult. I could hear everyone at the bar downstairs which kept us awake in the morning and then we were woken-up by children playing downstairs. It would have made little difference if they sat at the bottom of the bed drinking their beer.

Although the food was delicious and the staff kind and lovely, I cannot bring myself to stay in an overpriced hotel that does not allow a decent nights sleep.

Room Tip: The 'Bridal' suite has a terrible bathroom and average everything else.