“Disappointing.”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Edburton
Tottington Manor Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Edburton
Reviewed 19 December 2013

Having not been here for many years I was looking forward to trying the food again.
On arrival we were greeted warmly and sat at a very nicely laid table.
The ambiance was excellent, and our orders were taken without delay.
Four of us all had the same starter a tian of prawns and avocado, the main course however was disappointing.
A grilled plaice was served with strange vegetables, roast potatoes and cabbage , which would have been fine with meat.
Three of us had pork fillet which was acceptable but the meat was dry ,served with mashed potatoes and carrots and a tasteless sauce.
Overall the main courses did not live up the ambiance and service.
Living locally we were sad that nothing we had today would tempt us back again.
The kitchen could do with a bit more imagination.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank byetheway25

Reviewed 25 November 2013

Stayed for 1 night, Very friendly staff, The evening meal was amazing. Nice room though it was a tab on the cold side. Bed was amazingly comfortable warm and snugged. Great night sleep.
Breakfast was perfect.
Perfect country side views

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Lesley H
Reviewed 21 October 2013

We choose the hotel for our wedding venue as it is set within the Sussex Downs and the hotel has such character and is beautiful. The staff from start to finish were so helpful and friendly that I feel I have made great new friends. Sara was my lead contact from the start of the wedding plans and provided me great advice and support. On the actual wedding day she was always there and the day went so smoothly and was beautiful. The food was a very good standard and all the guests enjoyed themselves. We decided that we would like to go to Bramber Castle to have some extra photos taken by the ruins and grounds as the views are wonderful so it is worth remembering this tip. Whilst we were away for the hour our guests were well looked after and then we had all our family photos at the hotel. We cannot fault the hotel and would like to express our thanks for such a wonderful day and we will be back soon for a meal. Thank you Dia and Ian :)

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank Diane D
Reviewed 6 September 2013

We stayed Friday and Saturday night whilst visiting Brighton - we chose the hotel because it was in a tranquil setting, beautiful countryside, with parking and yet close to Brighton. We were greeted by very friendly and helpful staff, who were able to help us with suggestions for travelling into Brighton and parking. Indeed, on their suggestion we drove to the local station and took the train into Brighton - the railway station is very central and we were then in a perfect position to go the the Lanes! We ate in the dining room on the first night, which was beautifully set out with table clothes (we initially thought there was a wedding when we first arrived, since it looked very appealing) and all the food that we had was of a super quality and well presented. The breakfast was also very well presented and there was certainly enough choice. Well recommended if you want to stay near to Brighton and have a quiet night's sleep!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Marion D
Reviewed 30 July 2013

Country hotels often provide the minimum they can get away with. This place does the opposite.

Our executive room felt like a proper bedroom, not a hotel room. Huge, luxurious bed and even a comfortable camp bed for our daughter. A location that's hard to beat and truly tranquil.

Stayed here for a family reunion in the area (no room at my family's house!) The first thing we had to ask the hotel was whether they could store our crate of strawberries and salad leaves overnight. Yes, they'd be happy to.

Late back the following night? They gave us a key for the front door. The lady in charge even took the chill off my glass of orange juice when I asked her; it was done with humour and ease and without me asking the second morning.

This is what I mean about the hotel's relaxed hospitality akin to staying with family. Obliging, warm, wanting to help in any way we asked.

The only criticism is that though we asked for a very small breakfast for our daughter (one sausage, one egg, on bacon rasher), we got double the amount... is that really worth mentioning?!

Don't go to the big Brighton hotels. Stay here and pop your head out of the window to hear the distant bleating of sheep on the hills and not much else. A good experience and I want to go back.

Room Tip: We had Wyndham which is at the top of the stairs. There is another wing to the hotel. Our neighbours...
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 29 July 2013

My boyfriend and I stayed here for 1 night as a cheap getaway and we couldn't fault anything. The food was fantastic...the best burger and cod and chips we have both ever had. The room was lovely, comfortable and clean. Its a beautiful location if you like the country and the beach is down the road. The manager was very friendly and made us feel very welcome. I would highly recommend Tottington Manor. We will be back, even if its just for some lunch or dinner.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Sara_Luff, Manager at Tottington Manor Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 31 July 2013

Dear Leanne
Thanks so much for your comments. I’m really glad you enjoyed your stay and meal with us and we very much look forward to welcoming you again in the future.
Best regards

Reviewed 21 July 2013

I booked the private dining for my 40th birthday celebration and had a wonderful & memorable evening & overnight stay. The location of the hotel is truly stunning: so picturesque. The atmosphere of the manor is a little luxury without being snobby. The staff were attentive without being intrusive, the organisation of my party was slick & efficient, nothing was too much trouble, the food was delicious & plentiful, the room where we dined opened onto the gardens and was decorated beautifully, our bedrooms were lovely - all in all a very positive experience and one I would highly recommend.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
3  Thank Heather H

Dear Heather
Thank you for adding a review for Tottington Manor. I’m so glad you enjoyed your celebration here and I will pass your kind comments on to my team here.
With very best regards

Also consider these accommodations in or near Edburton
Roundabout Hotel
#2 of 8 in Chichester
Highley Manor Hotel
Highley Manor Hotel
#1 of 3 in Balcombe

Been to Tottington Manor Hotel? Share your experiences!