“Exceptional”

London Marriott Hotel Twickenham
Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Twickenham
Reviewed 18 May 2014

From the moment we checked in, our experience with this hotel was second to none. The staff were probably the most friendly I have ever encountered. In particular the girl who checked us in, I think her name was Tanya. She was friendly and nothing was too much trouble for her. The rooms were bigger than I expected, and it was nice to see 2 double beds in the rooms. The food was pricey but for convenience, it was ok. Would stay again.

Room Tip: Get a room with a pitch view!
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 12 May 2014

We stayed on Fri 9th & Sat 10 April, I had requested a nice room as a treat for my wife's birthday, not sure if it was an upgrade but the hotel did leave some chocolates and wine for her which was a very nice touch. The restaurant had a very limited menu, the food was poor and was very expensive as was the bar. The room that we were given was just a bit tired looking and one of the bath towels had a big hole in it, not the usual standard that we expect from a Marriott hotel. The staff were all friendly, although breakfast and check out the Sunday was very disorganised, I know the rugby was on but, is that not the whole idea of staying here ?

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Matilde L, Executive Head Chef at London Marriott Hotel Twickenham, responded to this reviewResponded 14 May 2014

Dear Mike,

Firstly I would like to thank you for staying with us recently here at the London Marriott Hotel Twickenham and for posting your review.

It is very important to me that we raise our standards and if you have some time to provide me with more details of your experience it would be very beneficial. Please provide me with your email and I shall contact you on that for further communication.

Thank you in advance and if I can be of any additional assistance then please let me know. I do hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back to the hotel in the not too distant future.

Yours sincerely

Kavita Bengali
Executive Head Chef

Reviewed 11 May 2014

Stayed here Friday night for the Marriott Sevens event, we are a familly with Three young children, the hotel staff were great and accommodated our request for rooms together. Staff were always really polite and helpful, we ate in the restraunts and while a little expensive we had a Very good meal. All in all a great experience.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 30 April 2014

Stayed here for the heineken cup semi recently. very impressed. Right in the stadium, the room was very large, well furnished & spotless. Enjoyed the health club, although pool a bit titchy at only 20m. Service 1st rate, match was awesome but bar was a bit over packed after the match with non-residents, although this should have come as no surprise given proximity to stadium. If you are going to see a match, this is THE place to stay.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 April 2014

Stayed here overnight on business recently. As always, the room was spotless and a good temperature. The bed was comfy as expected and the bathroom was clean.
The only down side was the hotel bar area. It felt a bit like a sports bar - with TVs everywhere showing the football match of the moment. I understand it has a strong sporting link being attached to the Rugby stadium, but it did feel a bit intimidating being a lone female traveller. I would normally take a book and sit happily in the bar having a glass of wine. This time I skulked in my room and took room service instead.
The reception staff were a little disorganised. It took ages to check in and when I checked out they tried to over charge me - and it took them about 5 minutes to figure out what was wrong and how to fix it.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 22 April 2014

Just back from a lovely weekend in Twickenham. Enjoyed the hotel which has a brilliant location and is well appointed. However, it was let down by a general lack of customer care. There were a number of non English speaking staff, which didn't help, especially when trying to order food and drink.

Our mini suite was great and we had a wonderful view out towards the Harlequins ground. The shower could have done with a good scrub, but it was generally clean and tidy. We refused to pay the £15 per day wifi charge though, which is a nonsense.

Maybe let down by language abilities, our breakfast in the room had wrong or missing items, including getting a plate of meat when we told them we wanted vegetarian only. When checking out, the desk had the cheek to ask us to pay for half the breakfast because it was half right! Er, no!

I'd certainly stay there again, but I think that a hotel carrying the Marriott branding should have better trained staff with a higher standard of English comprehension.

Room Tip: Upgrade to a mini-suite
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 21 April 2014 via mobile

Stayed here to watch the stinger rugby match.. Awesome location for any match. Loved it so much we stayed an extra night and got upgraded to a pitch view suite... Oh my...!!!
This hotel is a wonderful experience for any rugby fan but also close to the railway station to drop into London.
Twickenham is a sweet town down by the river and well worth an explore.
Couldn't fault the hotel and would be back again..!!
Special thank you for the receptionist from Canada... You were outstanding for customer service on our arrival and a credit to any hotel.

• Stayed: April 2014
Also consider these accommodations in or near Twickenham
Travelodge Twickenham
#3 of 6 in Twickenham
The Petersham Hotel
The Petersham Hotel
#3 of 15 in Richmond

Been to London Marriott Hotel Twickenham? Share your experiences!