“Disappointing.”

Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Twickenham
London, United Kingdom
“Disappointing.”
Reviewed 25 May 2014

Myself and my partner arrived for a weekend stay as we were house hunting in a nearby area. We requested a King Room and ended up with a twin with no possibility of changing as the hotel "was booked out", which may have been true but I can't recall ever seeing a hotel so quiet over an entire weekend.

Everything about the hotel was overpriced - £15 for 24 hours of wi-fi in rooms in 2014 is a joke, especially when it was slow and constantly disconnecting, and the food was so overpriced it was obscene - my burger was burnt, the Turkey Club sandwich was terrible, and the coffee came in a tiny cup, 4 drinks and it was done. I also wanted to purchase breakfast but for £18.50 I couldn't justify being ripped off anymore, my girlfriend only wanted tea and toast so what option did she have?

Everything else is standard.

Unless you are there to see rugby (we weren't and there was none this weekend) the location is also rubbish - there is nothing in Twickenham, the selection of places to eat is abysmal, you could stay in places in the city for the same price or slightly more. I will be next time.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Magdalena E, Director of Operations at London Marriott Hotel Twickenham, responded to this review, 28 May 2014
Dear Mighty 1984,

Thank you for choosing our hotel for your recent stay in the London area and taking time to write the review.

I am sorry we have not met your expectations on this occasion. Please accept my sincere apologies for the inconvenience you may have experienced.

On your arrival we were indeed unable to allocate you the bedroom of your preference. I would like to assure you we always try to accommodate all our guests requests. Unfortunately, on this occasion we were fully booked, and the priority in this area was given to the guests that had kings size beds guaranteed at the time of making the reservation.

I do appreciate your comments regarding the price of the Wi-Fi in our bedrooms. We recently launched complimentary Wi-Fi in all our public areas, and we hope this will enhance our guests stay.

I am sorry to hear you were not satisfied with the quality of food, I have shared this feedback with our kitchen team, so we can improve in this area.

With regards to the food prices, you are correct the Full English Breakfast costs £18.50 and it allows our guests to enjoy unlimited hot and cold buffet and unlimited beverages. We also allow our guests to pay for specific items they consumed, tea and couple of toasts or pastries cost £6.00.

I am also sorry you were not satisfied with the location of our hotel. We try to make our location very clear both on our website and the confirmation documents.

Dear Mighty 1984, once again thank you for taking your time to leave the feedback on this website. I hope one day we will be able to welcome you back to the hotel.

Kindest regards

Magdalena

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (187)
Bridgend, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 May 2014

I sent an e mail to the manager after nearly a week he has not responded. Great customer service. Not

Dear Sir / Madame,

Yesterday my wife and I stayed at the Hotel I am writing you this e mail before I write a revue on Booking.com

It was my Birthday and my wife had sorted the hotel out for us on entering the hotel your staff were excellent I mentioned to your young lady on reception when I was checking in that it was my Birthday to my surprise after going out with friends and returning to my room there was a cake with a candle and a small bottle of red wine that was much appreciated then it all went downhill the other guests that stayed on floor 5 were a nightmare especially the room opposite ours a group of lads were banging the doors, swearing from 2pm when they came in up until 6am in the morning it was a nightmare also there were girls screeching and talking my wife decided to go and speak with them that’s all she got was abuse we didn’t have any sleep I wanted to call security but my wife was afraid that those Lads would kick off. I stay in hotels all over the uk with my job I am away 4 nights a week and I must say that is the worst experience I have ever had you might want to check your CCTV on that floor I cannot believe your security could not see what was going on. Nightmare.

Room Tip: Ask if there are any drunken louts in the area of where your room is located.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Magdalena E, Director of Operations at London Marriott Hotel Twickenham, responded to this review, 26 May 2014
Dear Andrew S,

Thank you for choosing London Marriott Hotel Twickenham for your recent stay in the London Area.

Firstly please accept my sincere apologies for not meeting your expectations on this occasion and not contacting you back in a timely manner.

Andrew S, I would like to assure you we conduct full property security walk each night, I am sorry to hear that on this occasion we were not aware of events taking place on the 5th floor.

We would have been more than happy to react to it, so please if situation like thi ever occurs again, do not hesitate to call the reception desk at any time of the night.

I do appreciate your comments about the staff and I am glad to hear we managed to recognize your special day with a cake and a candle.

Andrew S, thank you for your review, and please do not hesitate to contact me directly if I can assist you any further.
Midlands
Reviewed 20 May 2014 via mobile

Utterly predictable - that's what I like about Marriott hotels, and why I use them. This is no exception. Service, room quality, etc all as expected.

The only slightly odd thing about this hotel is that as its part of the stadium, the public areas are cavernous. I assume that's this is because it's packed on match days - but this does mean that when there is no match on (most of the time) you can be the only person sitting in one of the caverns.

Gym next door is good(virgin) - complementary entry is nice(although form filling is a pain).

Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Ohio City, Ohio
Reviewed 18 May 2014

From the moment we checked in, our experience with this hotel was second to none. The staff were probably the most friendly I have ever encountered. In particular the girl who checked us in, I think her name was Tanya. She was friendly and nothing was too much trouble for her. The rooms were bigger than I expected, and it was nice to see 2 double beds in the rooms. The food was pricey but for convenience, it was ok. Would stay again.

Room Tip: Get a room with a pitch view!
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 May 2014

We stayed on Fri 9th & Sat 10 April, I had requested a nice room as a treat for my wife's birthday, not sure if it was an upgrade but the hotel did leave some chocolates and wine for her which was a very nice touch. The restaurant had a very limited menu, the food was poor and was very expensive as was the bar. The room that we were given was just a bit tired looking and one of the bath towels had a big hole in it, not the usual standard that we expect from a Marriott hotel. The staff were all friendly, although breakfast and check out the Sunday was very disorganised, I know the rugby was on but, is that not the whole idea of staying here ?

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Matilde L, Executive Head Chef at London Marriott Hotel Twickenham, responded to this review, 14 May 2014
Dear Mike,

Firstly I would like to thank you for staying with us recently here at the London Marriott Hotel Twickenham and for posting your review.

It is very important to me that we raise our standards and if you have some time to provide me with more details of your experience it would be very beneficial. Please provide me with your email and I shall contact you on that for further communication.

Thank you in advance and if I can be of any additional assistance then please let me know. I do hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back to the hotel in the not too distant future.

Yours sincerely

Kavita Bengali
Executive Head Chef
Rossendale
Reviewed 11 May 2014 via mobile

Stayed here Friday night for the Marriott Sevens event, we are a familly with Three young children, the hotel staff were great and accommodated our request for rooms together. Staff were always really polite and helpful, we ate in the restraunts and while a little expensive we had a Very good meal. All in all a great experience.

Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Guildford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 April 2014

Stayed here for the heineken cup semi recently. very impressed. Right in the stadium, the room was very large, well furnished & spotless. Enjoyed the health club, although pool a bit titchy at only 20m. Service 1st rate, match was awesome but bar was a bit over packed after the match with non-residents, although this should have come as no surprise given proximity to stadium. If you are going to see a match, this is THE place to stay.

Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Twickenham
Travelodge Twickenham
#3 of 14 in Richmond
Richmond Gate Hotel
Richmond Gate Hotel
#6 of 14 in Richmond

Been to London Marriott Hotel Twickenham? Share your experiences!