“Loved our stay here!”

Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Twickenham
Cumbria
“Loved our stay here!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 May 2014

We really enjoyed having the opportunity to stay here when down at Twickenham to watch our nephew play for Yorkshire recently. As avid England rugby fans we would love to stay here during the Autumn games and the 6 Nations but as with most hotels the prices are hiked :( However on this occasion we thought the rate was excellent for the standard do accommodation. Would highly recommend. The staff were all very polite and helpful and check in and out was excellent and we were early checking in which wasn't a problem at all.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (179)
Devizes United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2014

Nice hotel built into the fabric of the stadium. Room was smart, clean and comfortable.
Check in was a little slow when I arrived and the bar service could be improved but nothing too drastic.Parking was easy and free which was a bonus.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Hayling Island, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2014

About 30 of us stayed at the hotel, so that we could cycle back to Hayling Island, as part of a charity event. It is actually part of the fantastically developed and improved home of rugby stadium at Twickenham.

Whilst the drinks were typical of large hotels in price and variety, we went to a local pub for some real ale and then to the brilliant Rawalpindi restaurant, where we were served very good dishes and entertained by the jovial and charismatic owner.

However, the most memorable thing about the hotel was the bedding - quite the most comfortable and squashy pillows and duvet that I have ever encountered!

The breakfast was good and the price for B&B very reasonable for an hotel of this quality.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
Preston, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 May 2014

Really pleased with hotel - staff very helpful - we turned up 4 hours before check in and they checked us in. Then on our last day we wanted to see the suites that look onto the twickenham pitch and Gordon kindly gave us his time to give us the grand tour. We also liked it that all staff - cleaning,reception, electricians etc seemed to know each other very well and all were really pleasant.

Only downside to stay was virgin fitness having limited swim times for families - not the Marriott's fault but seemed a tad naughty advertising it. Kids weren't happy !!

However we had a great stay and will be back.

Room Tip: 4th floor facing the stoop was quiet and pleasant
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Happythetraveller
London
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 May 2014

I stayed here in a twin double room. Lovely standard room, big beds, good space, no view as the room looked onto the back of the stadium so had a view of some fake grass and an arty poster of a rugby player! I suppose they did their best!
We had been to a wedding reception so came back to the hotel quite late, when I asked to go back outside the night staff didn't seem to pleased with me. Also we ordered from the night menu and the food took forever to arrive. Breakfast buffet was great however it was £18.50 so a little bit pricey. Also wanted to take my daughter swimming in the pool however as the pool actually belongs to the Virgin Gym there was a family swim slot only available in the afternoon, bit disappointing.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Magdalena E, Director of Operations at London Marriott Hotel Twickenham, responded to this review, 29 May 2014
Dear JEG1London,

Thank you for your review and I hope you had lovely time at the wedding reception you attended.
I apprieciate your understanding regarding the view from your bedroom. Being part of the stadium we do have small percentage of room looking onto the back of the stadium, however, we try to use them only when we reach high occupancy levels.
I am sorry to hear the service during the night was not up to the standards you expected. Thank you for this constructive feedback, I have already addressed it with my team to ensure we improve in this area.
I am very pleased you enjoyed the breakfast; regarding the pricing, I am happy to confirm we now offer a discounted rate of £16.50 if it is prebooked at the time of check in. I hope you will take advantage of this offer during your next stay with us.

JEG1London, indeed the family swim times are very restricted, and unfortunately this is something out of our control. I hope this will not influence your decision when staying again in the Twickenham area, as I’m hoping to welcome you back to our hotel.

Kindest regards

Magdalena
London, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 May 2014

Myself and my partner arrived for a weekend stay as we were house hunting in a nearby area. We requested a King Room and ended up with a twin with no possibility of changing as the hotel "was booked out", which may have been true but I can't recall ever seeing a hotel so quiet over an entire weekend.

Everything about the hotel was overpriced - £15 for 24 hours of wi-fi in rooms in 2014 is a joke, especially when it was slow and constantly disconnecting, and the food was so overpriced it was obscene - my burger was burnt, the Turkey Club sandwich was terrible, and the coffee came in a tiny cup, 4 drinks and it was done. I also wanted to purchase breakfast but for £18.50 I couldn't justify being ripped off anymore, my girlfriend only wanted tea and toast so what option did she have?

Everything else is standard.

Unless you are there to see rugby (we weren't and there was none this weekend) the location is also rubbish - there is nothing in Twickenham, the selection of places to eat is abysmal, you could stay in places in the city for the same price or slightly more. I will be next time.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Magdalena E, Director of Operations at London Marriott Hotel Twickenham, responded to this review, 28 May 2014
Dear Mighty 1984,

Thank you for choosing our hotel for your recent stay in the London area and taking time to write the review.

I am sorry we have not met your expectations on this occasion. Please accept my sincere apologies for the inconvenience you may have experienced.

On your arrival we were indeed unable to allocate you the bedroom of your preference. I would like to assure you we always try to accommodate all our guests requests. Unfortunately, on this occasion we were fully booked, and the priority in this area was given to the guests that had kings size beds guaranteed at the time of making the reservation.

I do appreciate your comments regarding the price of the Wi-Fi in our bedrooms. We recently launched complimentary Wi-Fi in all our public areas, and we hope this will enhance our guests stay.

I am sorry to hear you were not satisfied with the quality of food, I have shared this feedback with our kitchen team, so we can improve in this area.

With regards to the food prices, you are correct the Full English Breakfast costs £18.50 and it allows our guests to enjoy unlimited hot and cold buffet and unlimited beverages. We also allow our guests to pay for specific items they consumed, tea and couple of toasts or pastries cost £6.00.

I am also sorry you were not satisfied with the location of our hotel. We try to make our location very clear both on our website and the confirmation documents.

Dear Mighty 1984, once again thank you for taking your time to leave the feedback on this website. I hope one day we will be able to welcome you back to the hotel.

Kindest regards

Magdalena
Bridgend, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 May 2014

I sent an e mail to the manager after nearly a week he has not responded. Great customer service. Not

Dear Sir / Madame,

Yesterday my wife and I stayed at the Hotel I am writing you this e mail before I write a revue on Booking.com

It was my Birthday and my wife had sorted the hotel out for us on entering the hotel your staff were excellent I mentioned to your young lady on reception when I was checking in that it was my Birthday to my surprise after going out with friends and returning to my room there was a cake with a candle and a small bottle of red wine that was much appreciated then it all went downhill the other guests that stayed on floor 5 were a nightmare especially the room opposite ours a group of lads were banging the doors, swearing from 2pm when they came in up until 6am in the morning it was a nightmare also there were girls screeching and talking my wife decided to go and speak with them that’s all she got was abuse we didn’t have any sleep I wanted to call security but my wife was afraid that those Lads would kick off. I stay in hotels all over the uk with my job I am away 4 nights a week and I must say that is the worst experience I have ever had you might want to check your CCTV on that floor I cannot believe your security could not see what was going on. Nightmare.

Room Tip: Ask if there are any drunken louts in the area of where your room is located.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Magdalena E, Director of Operations at London Marriott Hotel Twickenham, responded to this review, 26 May 2014
Dear Andrew S,

Thank you for choosing London Marriott Hotel Twickenham for your recent stay in the London Area.

Firstly please accept my sincere apologies for not meeting your expectations on this occasion and not contacting you back in a timely manner.

Andrew S, I would like to assure you we conduct full property security walk each night, I am sorry to hear that on this occasion we were not aware of events taking place on the 5th floor.

We would have been more than happy to react to it, so please if situation like thi ever occurs again, do not hesitate to call the reception desk at any time of the night.

I do appreciate your comments about the staff and I am glad to hear we managed to recognize your special day with a cake and a candle.

Andrew S, thank you for your review, and please do not hesitate to contact me directly if I can assist you any further.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Twickenham
Premier Inn London Twickenham Stadium Hotel
Premier Inn London Twickenham East Hotel
Richmond Gate Hotel
Richmond Gate Hotel
#4 of 12 in Richmond

Been to London Marriott Hotel Twickenham? Share your experiences!