“Fantastic team. Thank you!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of London Marriott Hotel Twickenham

London Marriott Hotel Twickenham
Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Twickenham
uk
“Fantastic team. Thank you!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 June 2014

We stayed here for the England vs the Barbarians game in May. It is not the cheapest place to stay when you are in Twickenham, but the convenience and location are well worth the money.

From check in to check out the team were fabulous and went out of their way to make sure we had an excellent stay. Even though the hotel was busy, nothing was too much trouble and there was a real genuine feel of hospitality.

Prices and amenities as expected for a London Marriot hotel. Staying here on a match day is a great experience and well worth a try!! (hope you got that!)

Room Tip: The rooms over the pitch are to die for...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (177)
Preston, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 June 2014

I stayed for one night after a business meeting. I'm not a rugby fan but you can't help but be impressed at this hotels' location! Plenty of free car parking (but I believe it's charged for on match days). Impressive reception with friendly checking- in staff. The drinks in the bar are pricey but then they usually are, the guys serving were lovely, very friendly and helpful. I ate with a colleague in the restaurant and was pleasantly surprised and both the prices and the quality of food. I was given an oversized room with King size bed which was extremely comfortable so had a great nights sleep. The room was clean and very spacious. Overall a very pleasant stay, would definitely recommend and would stay again!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank judeeast
Southampton, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 June 2014

I have stayed at this hotel many times and it is comfortable and efficient as you would expect from a Marriott. It is not a hive of social activity but the majority of users are business people so that's not too much of a problem. Complimentary use of the Virgin gym is handy and being in the home of England Rugby a real bonus

Room Tip: Ask for one with an outward facing view
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Hampshire ,England
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 June 2014

Stayed here for the last five premiership rugby finals. It appears to go from bad to worse. The rooms are comfortable as are the beds but they simply can't cope with being busy.
Despite booking nine months in advance and with a young child we couldn't get a room earlier than 3pm (kick off).
After a wander round the rugby village we escape the crowds to order beers and snacks on the second floor. It's waiter service and whilst they are polite service is slow. So slow we didn't even get our food before we had to get back into the stadium.
When we get back to the hotel our bags are still left in reception. The game went into extra time as well so really no reason not to have them in the room.
So one lift was broken when we arrived at 12.30 pm. The other breaks down whilst we are in it after the game. Cue to be walked all the way out of the building and up many emergency stairs to the fifth floor. Nothing offered to compensate despite paying twice the normal room rate for a match day.
On our floor the corridor is littered with trays left over from breakfast. It's now 6pm!The room is dusty and our room for 3 only has towels for 2.
I would have made a fuss but checkout was busy. I have since complained and Marriott have offered me an unspecified preferential rate if I stay again. What I what is better service and complaints handling there and then when I've already paid for it. . I am looking forward to seeing what they consider a preferential rate.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank AmyEade
Birmingham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 June 2014

I stayed with my family and we really enjoyed our stay. We were a bit disappointed about the family swim times - however this is not the hotels fault. The staff is EXCELLENT! Tanja and Gordon went out of their way to joke with my kids, myself and my husband. They went out of their way to make sure our stay was good. I cannot phrase them enough. The breakfast is good, but very overpriced. Stay at this hotel!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 June 2014

Came all the way from Aust., all persons at the hotel were the best, very helpful with the International Sevens Tournament, my sister said the bed & pillows were of the highest quality, will come again.

Room Tip: Parking is not easy
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Exeter
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 June 2014 via mobile

Having lunch - whilst the food is excellent the service is woefully lacking. Three separate waitress/waiters came to confirm our order!!! 30 mins from ordering to service with an apology for lateness as they were busy (only four tables being used). On paying they ignored me took my money and did not offer up my change. Bad bad Marriott.

Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Magdalena E, Director of Operations at London Marriott Hotel Twickenham, responded to this review, 21 July 2014
Dear Denise H,
Thank you for your review.
I am sorry to hear we let you down with the level of service we provided during your recent visit. We normally aim to deliver the food within 20 minutes, and I am sorry this was not the case on the day you dined with us. I also would like to appologise for the fact your change was not brought to you in a timely manner. Please be assured I did share this feedback with our team to ensure we can improve in this area.
Denise H, I am glad to hear you enjoyed the quality of the food and I do hope we will have opportunity to welcome you back and create more positive experience.
Warmest regards
Magdalena
Also consider these accommodations in or near Twickenham
Premier Inn London Twickenham Stadium Hotel
Richmond Hill Hotel
#3 of 12 in Richmond
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,380 reviews
Premier Inn London Twickenham East Hotel

Been to London Marriott Hotel Twickenham? Share your experiences!