London Marriott Hotel Twickenham
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
The Alexander Pope(Twickenham)
PremierInn.com
US$54
Travelodge
  • Bar/Lounge
Premier Inn London Twickenham East Hotel(Twickenham)(Great Value!)
US$127
Orbitz.com
US$171
US$161
  • Pool
All reviewsnext doortwo double bedspitch viewvirgin gymmatch dayscar parkfree accesshotel guestsengland rugbyroom was spaciousrugby matchrugby fansdouble headerchecking inroom ratebuffet breakfastkew gardens
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 20 July 2014

This hotel has a great position being attached to the rugby ground, but even though the hotel was very quiet, the service was not quite there.
I would stay three again, but will expect the overall experience to have improved

Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 July 2014

One of the better Marriott hotels I have stayed at in the UK.

The room was modern and a great bathroom. The bed comfortable. And plenty of space to work and also to plug in all the phones/laptop etc.

Staff were very good, they remembered my name, very helpful and courteous. Always had a smile and a hello.

Easy to get in to the city - bust stop right out side the front door, and a quick ride to the station and mainline to Waterloo.

Only down side was a long walk to the parking (which was free) and a long walk from the lift to the room.

Room Tip: get a room close to the lifts.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 18 July 2014

It is uncommon to be letdown by a Marriott property but in spite of a very attractive building with the quality of rooms and furnishings one does expect from Marriott this hotel needs to rethink a few things. First when driving to the hotel it and its parking lot are very difficult to locate. My emailed reservation confirmation said it has onsite parking. Given that fact I was looking for a building with an identified parking lot. I drove all around the Rugby stadium twice but did not see the Marriott sign on part of the stadium wall. Then getting to the so-called onsite parking lot was a very awkward exercise. It is not clear at all how one gets to the parking lot but it certainly is a long trek with suitcases to get two and from the hotel. When checking in the agent was unaware of my elite status. I was given a room (#448) that required another very long march to get to the door. The room was very clean and well appointed but only had towels for one person. We ordered food in the grill and it was fine but it took 3 servers. I had to chase them to place an order and no one seemed to care if I had what I wanted or wanted place additional orders ( I did ). I was asked if I wanted to pay my hotel invoice billed in pounds or dollars I said dollars as I pay my Visa in dollars. I did not realize the extra currency spread I would pay by not having my Visa provider to the conversion. Nothing said above is particularly significant but after a long drive ending up in London one just wants to check into a hotel without aggravation. I just checked out on July 15, 2015 and already have suggested to a driving traveler to avoid this property. I always praise the Marriott family of properties but unless a guest really needs to be in that specific location or they are huge Rugby fans without a car I suggest they book another hotel. As a foot note I got so confused looking for the hotel I ended up in a tiny street with a tight roundabout and trying to escape hit a rough curb slicing a tire that cost me $250.00.It was I who hit the curb not the hotel but I should have been well parked long before I ended up trapped while looking for the hotel and its well hidden parking lot.

Room Tip: Request a room close to the elevator serving the front desk or buy comfortable shoes for the walk.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 July 2014

There is a fee to use the internet in the lobby, fee for wifi, we ordered pizza and used the in-room phone to call the LOCAL pizza place and was charged 7.60 pounds ($12.16US) for one local call! We ate upstairs in the café, two adults, one child, salad, sandwich, kids meal, 2 adult bevs, 2 sodas, 63 pounds ($100.8 US)! Absolutely outrageous prices! The free gym that's next door is also very limited for children. They are only allowed in the pool during family swim time which was 9am-11am. We ordered room service and an additional "tray charge" of 3 pounds, almost $5US because it's on a tray??? The room was comfortable but the walls very thin. About 4-5am each morning it sounded like furniture was being rearranged above us -- lots of banging and other noise.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Magdalena E, Director of Operations at London Marriott Hotel Twickenham, responded to this reviewResponded 21 July 2014

Dear Mel78605,

Thank you for choosing London Marriott Hotel Twickenham for your recent stay in the London area and thank you for taking time to write this review.
Mel78605, there is indeed a small charge for using computers in our lobby as they are supplied by an outside company, however the wi-fi in all our public areas is free of charge. Our reception team is also more than happy to assist with any online research or to provide information about local area. I do apologise if you found these services not sufficient and that it affected you satisfaction on this visit.
With regards to the prices for phone calls made from the bedroom, indeed we do charge £1.30 per minute for local calls. Whilst I do understand some of our customers may find it excessive, the pricing for this service is in line with other hotels in the local area and we attach price tags explaining the cost of the calls to all telephones in our bedroom.
We also regularly compare prices of our food and beverage offerings to the ones our competitors have in place and we believe we have a fair pricing strategy in this area. I do apologise if this seemed excessive, and I do hope the quality of our food offerings and the service justified the price.
Dear Mel78605, I am sorry to hear you were disappointed with family swim times. I do understand most families would benefit from having these times extended, therefore thank you for this feedback. We are working on addressing it; meanwhile we ensured the times are advertised on our website and in the bedrooms.
The room service tray charge, that you mentioned in your review, is a standard charge that most of the UK hotels apply when the server delivers the food you your bedroom. I do apologise if this was not explained to you at the time of placing your order. I have shared this feedback with my team to ensure they improve in this area.
Mel78605, I am glad to hear you were satisfied with the comfort of our rooms, however I also would like to apologise for any inconvenience you experienced due to the noise. There were no works being done in the hotel between 4am and 5am, and unfortunately we were unable to locate the source of the noise when we addressed your review with our teams, however please be assured we are always happy to investigate any gusts comments, to make sure we can learn from them and improve as a hotel.
Mel78605, once again, thank you for your comments and I hope one day we will be able to welcome you back to our hotel.

Kind regards

Magdalena

Reviewed 15 July 2014

We were visiting the Hampton Court flower show and are not Rugby fans but this looked an interesting place to stay. We were not disappointed and enjoyed the visit particularly the huge bed in a smart modern room. Hotel restaurant serves great evening meals but we had breakfast in the coffee shop as £18.50 for restaurant breakfast seemed over the top price wise. As others have said the car park is a nightmare to find even if you have a map, the signage really does need to be improved, we arrived in daylight and completed two circuits and u-turns before we found the way in. Dread to think how long it might have taken on a wet winters night. However once parked and in the hotel the overall experience is very good apart from the price of breakfast.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple