London Marriott Hotel Twickenham
PremierInn.com
US$54
Travelodge
  • Bar/Lounge
Premier Inn London Twickenham East Hotel(Twickenham)(Great Value!)
US$127
Hotels.com
US$166
US$161
  • Pool
All reviewsnext doortwo double bedspitch viewvirgin gymmatch dayscar parkfree accesshotel guestsengland rugbyroom was spaciousrugby matchrugby fansdouble headerchecking inroom ratebuffet breakfastkew gardens
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 26 August 2014 via mobile

We found this property through Hotwire and it was a very good price, albeit the location is a 20 minute train ride into London. Service was just okay. The phone in our room did not work and it caused us problems with a private car service. The staff was helpful

• Stayed: August 2014
Reviewed 26 August 2014

My family and i stayed here last weekend. Everything at the hotel was very good, but i just wanted to say a very big thank-you to it's excellent staff! They were so busy but this never compromised their attention to detail or their smiling helpfulness. I would like to mention in particular Silvane(don't think i have spelt that correctly), the lovely french lady on reception who went out of her way to help when i couldn't use the lift. Thank-you!

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 19 August 2014

We stayed here last weekend so we could attend "The World Club 7's". Position couldn't be better as it is part of the Stadium. We arrived at 11am for the rugby and put our bags into left luggage as the room wasn't ready. When we returned for our room at 6.30pm the receptionist looked a little flustered and called the duty manager. We were upgraded to a Jn Suite (I think they may have sold our room!). I could not fault it and for less than £100. Breakfast was probably one of the best hotel breakfasts we have had, hot and fresh. The Staff were all very pleasent and helpfull. We would definatly stay again...If we can get in!

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 August 2014

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
Magdalena E, Director of Operations at London Marriott Hotel Twickenham, responded to this reviewResponded 17 August 2014

Reviewed 12 August 2014

As mentioned in other reviews, I worked for a few weeks in the Twickenham area and stayed in a variety of decent hotels; Premier Inn (Chertsey Rd - good) Alexander Pope (good) and St Giles Feltham (truly appalling). This was probably the best. The hotel is part of the stadium, so I may be slightly biased in my review as I like rugby and sport in general. There is a real feeling you are staying in an iconic place. The hotel is immaculate, obviously a flagship for Marriott. I had a standard room for a few nights; this was as good as any hotel I have ever stayed in. Then joy, I managed to get a 'suite' with a pitch view and I doubt I could stay anywhere nicer (credit to the lady (Finance Manager ?) who helped me get this as she appreciated our need for a decent nights sleep at short notice even though the hotel was close to full. ALL staff were good, the hotel spotless and breakfast a delight. Car parking is ample. There are a couple of trendy bars / restaurants inside, and my ONLY criticism is the barfood prices at the bottom floor bar - extortionate IMHO and I am sure that they could ensure a busier bar by pricing accordingly. Can't remember the prices exactly but a bowl of pasta and a beer was about £20 and although the pasta was good it wasn't Marco Pierre White in either quality or quantity. Zizzi's in town got a lot more of our business purely on that point alone, which was a pity, because a few of us would have been willing to stay in that bar for a week. Overall, wonderful, and can't wait to stay again.

Room Tip: beg for a 'suite' - you never know your luck :-)
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Matilde L, Manager at London Marriott Hotel Twickenham, responded to this reviewResponded 14 August 2014

Dear AndyMac1965,

Firstly I would like to thank you for staying with us recently here at the London Marriott Hotel Twickenham and for completing our guest satisfaction survey.

I was concerned to see from the survey that you think that food prices are too high. It is very important to me that we raise our standards and if you have some time to provide me with more details of your experience it would be very beneficial.
We regularly review our menus with the competitive market and ensure we are in line with them. Saying that we are currently reviewing the menu and should definitely incorporate your feedback.

Thank you in advance and if I can be of any additional assistance then please let me know. I do hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back to the hotel in the not too distant future.

Yours sincerely