“One of my favourites”

Regal Haandi
Ranked #59 of 210 Restaurants in Twickenham
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Description: This quality Indian restaurant is less than 1 mile from the Sheesh Mahal in Twickenham and is located opposite Twickenham Green.
Reviewed 8 March 2012

Of the many curry houses in Twickenham, this is one of my favourites. It's a tiny place, and is a traditional British curry house. I find the staff to be very pleasant, although they do know us now.
We've tried a lot of the dishes and found some of them to be a bit odd. One had onion rings, IIRC. They do a good lamb jalrezi though, and their bhuna's good too.

On rugby days they'll have a limited menu. Presumably this is so they can pre-prepare food and increase the numbers they can serve. Still decent food though.

1  Thank anonym0us
There are newer reviews for Regal Haandi

Reviewed 11 February 2012

superb food, highly recommended. I've eaten at all the curry houses in Twickenham and Regal is my favourite. The food tastes great I have no idea who is giving it a poor rating but they are crazy to do this. The service is extremely friendly.

2  Thank cmac462
Reviewed 10 November 2011

Went last night and the atmosphere and service was good, nice and cosy and warm. the waiter's were polite and very quick.
The food was really rather average though, and in fact it came so quickly that I cant help but think that not a lot of preparation had gone into it, just Chicken chucked into a Jalfrezi sauce.
The Chicken was average (my girlfriend had Chicken Sagwala) and there was not a great deal of taste to the curry. To be honest, it reminded me of a curry you would expect in the canteen at work. Saying that, I have had far worse.

Reviewed 12 September 2011

a small restaurant but very cosey, staff are very polite and friendly. I had prawn buna and lamb curry, extremely tasty and worth ordering, asked owner to see the chef who has made our food, was told that the chef had 35 years of experience and has won an award (doesn't surprise me at all ) i have been going there for 8 years. wouldn't change even if i got paid to, everyone there treats us like family, would recommend 5 star. try the food and you would go back.

2  Thank jarry m
Reviewed 2 June 2011

Review based on Prawn Patia Puree, Achari Chicken and Lamb Saag (take away)

Staff seemed to be polite and price was ok. A couple of Papadoms were included, an often overlooked aspect.

The Prawn Puree was a little on the tasteless side and the prawns were uber chewy, so didn't win me over at the start. Achari felt a bit 'leftover' and seemed a little anaemic, so also failed to impress. The Sag was ok (lamb was lovely and tender), but once again, looked a little anaemic and could have packed a bit more flavour.

I think there are better curry places in Twickenham, so wouldn't go for this place again. The Rawalpindi or the Sheesh mahal would be my preferences