“disappointed!”

Your Bakery Whitton
Ranked #1 of 3 Bakeries in Twickenham
Reviewed 27 May 2014

We were in Whitton High Street around 1 pm today and as it had begun raining we thought we would stop for lunch. Your Bakery looked very enticing from the outside with its delicious cakes displayed in the window so we decided to go in. As we entered a man, who clearly worked there, seemed to approach us but in fact walked straight past us. We found ourselves a table easily as there were only 3 or 4 people inside and waited to be served. There were two girls working at the counter but although we turned towards them several times we were unable to catch their eye. After about 6 - 8 minutes we still had not been spoken to or even handed a menu. We decided to give it another minute or two but after this we realized we were not going to be served as the girls, who were were not particularly busy, were just talking to each other.

We left our table and as we went past the counter one of the girls said 'Thank you' to which I replied 'We haven't been served yet!' We went further on down Whitton High Street and found a cafe where we were almost immediately approached with a menu and shortly afterwards our order was taken. We won't be returning to Your Bakery again in a hurry!!

3  Thank Kay C
Yourbakery, Owner at Your Bakery Whitton, responded to this reviewResponded 16 June 2014

first may I apologise unreservedly for the treatment you described.
we have had some unforseen problems with staffing as one of our key members of staff has had to suddenly drop out due to her partner being diagnosed with a serious illness, at the same time I myself have been off due to illness, as a stop gap we have had to employ new staff quickly and they are inexperienced, although I accept that the lack of attention was unforgivable and I have had a staff meeting to address this matter.
Unfortunatly because of the ever changing products we have no menu, but staff should have told you to choose your food and drink from the 2 display fridges, come to the till to order and pay and then we bring your order to the table. staff are now fully aware that they must look out for people who are new customers and explain , and we are going to put up a sign to explain our proceedure.
i really hope you will give us another chance, and take into account the many good revues. i would welcome your views after a second visit.
once again my humble apologies for your lack of service.
kind regards.
Helen Cox. (co owner)

There are newer reviews for Your Bakery Whitton

Reviewed 11 May 2014 via mobile

We have been using the bakery & cafe for a few months now and have always been impressed with the quality of food & service on offer.

1  Thank LondonAlex
Reviewed 24 April 2014

The food at Whitton Bakery is delicious and the staff are always friendly. I like the fact that it has a unique quality rather than a 'chain' feel. The décor and food is lovely.

1  Thank crona s
Reviewed 21 April 2014 via mobile

Everything in this place has been crafted to perfection, the Bread, the cheesecakes... The Portuguese tarts!? Amazing.

I really hope this place is doing well. They do my favourite Italian ice tea! Lunch time here any day!

I recommend this place for bread and cakes anyway. Well done guys.

1  Thank FranPorter
Reviewed 18 April 2014

I love an apricot danish pastry and this bakery makes organic ones!! They are by far the best I've EVER had and they are less expensive than those chain cafes, which are far less delicious! If you live locally this should be your local, and if you don't, it's worth visiting Whitton for!

1  Thank BambiBambi2014